• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ryan Reynolds has made more from his business exploits in telecoms & booze than from his acting. He definitely didn’t earn it all through being lucky.
Where did I say he earnt all his money from being lucky?.

The face of the matter was their first break into a career which like football needs a bit of luck as well as talent to break through. Without that he wouldn't have had the money to do what he's done more recently.

My whole point is that these two are not cut throat businessmen like others who do anything to earn a few quid, even if that means killing something which is so important to thousands.

I know lack of updates and NDAs have been a big topic of conversation.

Here’s a story about a purchase of a NL club which confirms the use of confidentiality agreements with North American purchasers.

And Rob created IASIP, the longest running sitcom on US telly
Rob did get slightly lucky with that, the first season had abysmal ratings and looked like a strong cancellation candidate, fortunately though the president of the network IASIP ran on liked the show even though no one was watching it. The network president sent Danny Devito a DVD of the first season, he loved it and so the president asked if he wanted to be on the show. The writers actually didn't like the idea but the president said that either they wrote Devito in or there wouldn't be a season 2.

What a sorry situation we’re in. No rumours, no leads, just pure fantasy and adventure is all I’m reading on this thread.

With Ron supposedly selling, but only on his unrealistic terms, it makes you wonder whether he will continue to prop up these enormous losses we’re making, or whether he’ll drop us and change his plans, opting to build houses instead of the stadium.

I blame years of being an SUFC fan for my pessimism and glass half emptiness…. But I just can’t see how we’re an attractive proposition to anyone. If I had to choose between only two scenarios, one being us finding a buyer, the other being the club folding, I know where my money would be right now.

Every person who invests in anything wants a return. That's it. Nothing more sinister than that.

The rich and the elite do seem to have a different moral compass, or should I say in some cases no moral compass at all, and in my experience all property developers are super thick skinned, arrogant, bordering on the bullying and just don't give a toss about anything other than money. It is a survival of the fittest for them as I can guarantee you that every rich property developer has, at one point or another, been on the brink of going under. It is that experience that develops the steeliness and toughness they need to survive.

Interesting what you say about the Wrexham owners as I don't disagree with you there. I haven't done any research and frankly don't care enough to do so, but do Wrexham own their own ground? If so, that's a clue as to their ultimate endgame. Although as they are a fairly big club that have languished in Division 5 for 13 or so seasons, it could be that their price was incredibly attractive and so if they get then into the championship, they may be able to sell for a profit.

Or, they could just have been looking to build their own brand and profile... I would think every football supporter in England and the USA plus many in Europe now know who the Wrexham owners are. They may be able to monetize that.

The football club is the centre of the community; it has brought much more interest in the town, the local kids now all can't wait to see what's happening at Wrexham whereas 3 years ago they couldn't care... this is the benefit of a high profile owner. I could never understand why so many people used to hate the fact that Phil Brown had outside interests when he was manager here. Whilst not being an owner, it upped the club profile no end. That was not a bad thing in my opinion. Now, no one outside the fanbase gives a ****.

I guess the highest profile name we have is Stan. Personally, I'm hoping that his USA trip was to raise finance for him to lead a consortium to buy the club. Stan has a real affinity with us and it could be a good thing, certainly in the short term.

This, I'd love for Stan to be part of a consortium and be our next Chairman

Does anyone know when the 8 week consultation period for the new stadium comes up? I recall seeing something that because the plans changed there was an 8 week period before they could approve?

Every person who invests in anything wants a return. That's it. Nothing more sinister than that.

The rich and the elite do seem to have a different moral compass, or should I say in some cases no moral compass at all, and in my experience all property developers are super thick skinned, arrogant, bordering on the bullying and just don't give a toss about anything other than money. It is a survival of the fittest for them as I can guarantee you that every rich property developer has, at one point or another, been on the brink of going under. It is that experience that develops the steeliness and toughness they need to survive.

Interesting what you say about the Wrexham owners as I don't disagree with you there. I haven't done any research and frankly don't care enough to do so, but do Wrexham own their own ground? If so, that's a clue as to their ultimate endgame. Although as they are a fairly big club that have languished in Division 5 for 13 or so seasons, it could be that their price was incredibly attractive and so if they get then into the championship, they may be able to sell for a profit.

Or, they could just have been looking to build their own brand and profile... I would think every football supporter in England and the USA plus many in Europe now know who the Wrexham owners are. They may be able to monetize that.

The football club is the centre of the community; it has brought much more interest in the town, the local kids now all can't wait to see what's happening at Wrexham whereas 3 years ago they couldn't care... this is the benefit of a high profile owner. I could never understand why so many people used to hate the fact that Phil Brown had outside interests when he was manager here. Whilst not being an owner, it upped the club profile no end. That was not a bad thing in my opinion. Now, no one outside the fanbase gives a ****.

I guess the highest profile name we have is Stan. Personally, I'm hoping that his USA trip was to raise finance for him to lead a consortium to buy the club. Stan has a real affinity with us and it could be a good thing, certainly in the short term.
Let’s see how things play out. I’d love to know who right now is interested.

Wouldn’t it be nice if fans picked the new owner from a selection!!!

Let’s see how things play out. I’d love to know who right now is interested.

Wouldn’t it be nice if fans picked the new owner from a selection!!!

Definitely not.

As fans we’ve been asked to pick the kit before and messed that up. We can’t agree on players, managers, formations, actions to take against the owner, even when Boxing Day is, how could you trust us to pick an owner?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back