• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
POV:You’re Ron. You overvalue the club.

You agree heads of terms with Kimura subject to Those words are banned and a review. Wallop.

You know they’re planning a documentary that will internationally mug you off. You probably aren’t happy with this, maybe you’re even livid, but having an offer in your pocket is better than not having one.

Those words are banned comes back and you hardball them by not moving on price, secretly hoping someone else comes in and is serious about it. Time goes on.

You get desperate when people play you at your own game and have the threat of no club, so slash the price and size of the project and offer Roots Hall as a security in a last gasp dash to get anyone other than Kimura to a stage where money is on the table.

I don’t think he wants to sell to these boys; I think he wants anyone but them. They’ll show him up with how things could be run under proper management.
Absolutely spot on.

I think the documentary scares the life out of RM, hence why he does not want to sell to Kimura. I think he will always move the goal posts when it is them involved.

Are you suggesting there are skeletons in Ron’s cupboard?

Are you suggesting there are skeletons in Ron’s cupboard?
Me, Never!

RH filing cabinet.

170+ Pile Of Skeletons Illustrations, Royalty-Free Vector Graphics & Clip  Art - iStock

I think the documentary scares the life out of RM, hence why he does not want to sell to Kimura. I think he will always move the goal posts when it is them involved.

FWIW - nothing to stop a third party buying the club from Ron then selling it on to Kimura...

Who knows. I can only pass on what I know to be factual, and that’s that we’ve had fresh enquiries since Ron’s statement.

No idea surrounding the logistics of it or whether it’s workable etc.

Edit: Also just to add, the deal doesn’t necessarily need to be done in the next 2 1/2 weeks, but what we do need is an investment of £Xm to pay the debts and satisfy the NL. If this were to happen, say this week or next, the club can at least continue to operate whilst the deal is concluded in the background.

It’s not ideal, but it’s better than being wound up
Your right the take over doesn't (ideally it would) but it doesn't have to be, but for the monies to be paid to clear the debt, someone would surely of had to have done DD and maybe the Fit and proper test (at least started it and be confident of passing it) as well as being fairly confident they were taking over and is there enough time for that? I am not sure it could be very tight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back