• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Ron sells it will be to a Duddridge-approved slumlord crony who keeps Ron in the picture re future RH development. The club will be kept on life support for another couple of years while Ron, despite not having the football club to worry about, still manages to **** up the FF development.

Just my opinion. Yes, I'm being negative. If I'm wrong I will be delighted.
I think you’re dead right

Could it be as simple and innocent as this:
  • Simplified deal as brokered by Anna Firth to attach a valuable and tangable asset to the sale of the club in the shape of Roots hall
  • Fossetts is still potentially in the picture later down the line with Roots Hall as the bargaining chip. Just to ensure that the buyer has an asset to keep them in the game
  • Allows a new owner to be installed in good (tight) time to save the club from oblivion in the meantime.
Of course entirely possible. there is presumably the option to keep talking about FF whilst also thinking about how the RH site can be taken forward...

BTW we should also remember Kimura are neither stadium builders/developers or property developers. It would be quite astonishing if they weren't taking advice from those that are whether re FF or now RH.

😂😂….more than happy to “go public” if it ever happens , but until that day, I will only tell you who I am not ….

* Ron Martin🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤮
*Jack Martin🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤮
* anyone from Kimura group🤞
* anyone linked to any other potential buyer ( if they even exist)
*Tom L ❤️
*Stan the Man❤️
* anyone from PG Site Services❤️
* any mate of Ron’s 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤢🤮
*any employee of Ron’s🤬🤬🤬
* a Gillingham supporter 🤢🤮
* anyone claiming to be ITK …. ( well, only rarely )🤫
* Ron’s special fanboy🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤮

I’m just a 60 year SUFC fan❤️‍🩹 ….. who’s sick to death of it all.

Attachments

• IMG_1785.gif
    IMG_1785.gif
    989.8 KB · Views: 10
There is potential at RH, yes. But there would be no immediate return, and as much as the Kimura team are committed to the project and to the future of SUFC, they have a fiduciary duty to their investors which is not compatible with several years of losses at RH.
What was their preferred option then? Surely any returns from the FF route wouldn’t be realised for a few years either.

POV:You’re Ron. You overvalue the club.

You agree heads of terms with Kimura subject to Those words are banned and a review. Wallop.

You know they’re planning a documentary that will internationally mug you off. You probably aren’t happy with this, maybe you’re even livid, but having an offer in your pocket is better than not having one.

Those words are banned comes back and you hardball them by not moving on price, secretly hoping someone else comes in and is serious about it. Time goes on.

You get desperate when people play you at your own game and have the threat of no club, so slash the price and size of the project and offer Roots Hall as a security in a last gasp dash to get anyone other than Kimura to a stage where money is on the table.

I don’t think he wants to sell to these boys; I think he wants anyone but them. They’ll show him up with how things could be run under proper management.

You agree heads of terms with Kimura subject to Those words are banned and a review. Wallop.

You know they’re planning a documentary that will internationally mug you off. You probably aren’t happy with this, maybe you’re even livid, but having an offer in your pocket is better than not having one.

Those words are banned comes back and you hardball them by not moving on price, secretly hoping someone else comes in and is serious about it. Time goes on.

You get desperate when people play you at your own game and have the threat of no club, so slash the price and size of the project and offer Roots Hall as a security in a last gasp dash to get anyone other than Kimura to a stage where money is on the table.

I don’t think he wants to sell to these boys; I think he wants anyone but them. They’ll show him up with how things could be run under proper management.

I'm hearing Unwallop.

There is potential at RH, yes. But there would be no immediate return, and as much as the Kimura team are committed to the project and to the future of SUFC, they have a fiduciary duty to their investors which is not compatible with several years of losses at RH.
I guess that's little difference to buying the club and forward planning purchase of Fossetts though. They wouldn't make a return until all 4 sides at Fossetts are built and Lord knows how long that will take. Planning application suggests 2026 - not a chance in hell, I'd say.

Not ITK on that, but that makes an awful lot of sense.

If I could like this post more than once, I would.

Yes that is quite bizarre that he is now the middle man along with Anna Firth. Why on earth RM cannot deal with Laurie Pinto directly is baffling.

I think he said Saturday he would check things with JD before doing anything..is he his Mother?
Because Laurie Pinto is at the end of his tether with him.

Laurie Pinto is a highly experienced expert (a veteran, if you will) in the field of sports acquisition brokering.....and he's at the end of his tether with RM, claiming that he's never come across anybody like him before, and not in a good way.

Shows you what potential buyers have been up against.

Spot on mate, its him all over.

I guess that's little difference to buying the club and forward planning purchase of Fossetts though. They wouldn't make a return until all 4 sides at Fossetts are built and Lord knows how long that will take. Planning application suggests 2026 - not a chance in hell, I'd say.
This is pure speculation but I would say it’s easier to sell a rendering of a shiny new stadium to a potential investor than a picture of Roots Hall. I don’t know Kimura’s exact reasons for favouring the build at FF over RH but I think the two reasons I’ve given probably cover the gist of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back