• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
You'd have to ask Ron that but from what I've heard the offers remained the same and been on the table since well before last weds and he hasn't co-operated with them since that meeting a few Fridays back. This is why James Dudbridge is now acting as mediator.
Yes that is quite bizarre that he is now the middle man along with Anna Firth. Why on earth RM cannot deal with Laurie Pinto directly is baffling.

I think he said Saturday he would check things with JD before doing anything..is he his Mother?

I fully appreciate fans will be extremely sceptical of my posts, why wouldn’t you be, I have only been on SZ since November and yes I’ve only recently started posting on here, predominantly about Ron and his lies and that Kimura won’t be the new owners of the club, so of course you’ll have plenty of reservations about me, my logic and what my intentions are.

However all I can say is my intentions are from a good place, I’m not out to cause speculation by spreading false information or anything like that. I don’t work for anyone associated with the club or any potential buyers etc. I’m just a lifelong fan and felt it only right to put what I can on here for people to know. If that’s come across in the wrong way, then I apologise.

I’ll choose what and how I post info more carefully in the future. Being a fairly new member of SZ I didn’t maybe realise the context some of my comments would be taken, that was maybe a bit of naivety on my part, so i can understand how they can be perceived in that way.

The information given to me has come from someone I trust, a lot, but please know I can’t post everything on here for obvious reasons.

We all want a much brighter future for our club and hopefully we can soon start to look forward to that!

Hope I’ve cleared that up as best as possible and once again my apologies for any posts that have frustrated fans on SZ.

I presume that @Paddypel got his request that he wanted them to come out with this morning (see post 16,429) for a statement from Kimura and they confirmed this.

I come on here trying to wade through all the posts since the previous day on this thread and everyone seems to be spouting some crap or another.

There are only a few posters I look to when it comes to "In The Know" info and those are only on the footballing side. When it comes to the sale of this club I can't imagine there are too many truly "In The Knows" and most are regurgitating from Facebook, what someone has seen on Twitter which they probably heard from a mate on Shrimperzone.

Yes that is quite bizarre that he now the middle man along with Anna Firth. Why on earth RM cannot deal with Laurie Pinto directly is baffling.
It's because no one can keep a calm head and be in the same room as RM. As for Laurie Pinto he was only brokering the Kimura deal and I think this is probably amateur hour as far as he is concerned dealing with RM.

Reactions: JAL
I believe it matters so you know what information to trust.

Kimura have operated in good faith and Ron has behaved in his usual way - dishonest and utterly unreasonable. Now there are other scumbag property developers circling our wounded club like sharks and it isn’t going to be pretty.

Totally agree

It's because no one can keep a calm head and be in the same room as RM. As for Laurie Pinto he was only brokering the Kimura deal and I think this is probably amateur hour as far as he is concerned dealing with RM.
Paddy, look at your previous posts it would suggest you are not one of the few ITK. Has this now changed and you have a direct link to the Kimura group? Previously you have been like the rest us gaining insight from those few ITK.

It just seems your stance has changed so wondering why and how this has changed from the morning?

WHO ARE YA? :Thumbs up:
😂😂….more than happy to “go public” if it ever happens , but until that day, I will only tell you who I am not ….

* Ron Martin🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤮
*Jack Martin🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤮
* anyone from Kimura group🤞
* anyone linked to any other potential buyer ( if they even exist)
*Tom L ❤️
*Stan the Man❤️
* anyone from PG Site Services❤️
* any mate of Ron’s 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤢🤮
*any employee of Ron’s🤬🤬🤬
* a Gillingham supporter 🤢🤮
* anyone claiming to be ITK …. ( well, only rarely )🤫
* Ron’s special fanboy🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤮

I’m just a 60 year SUFC fan❤️‍🩹 ….. who’s sick to death of it all.

Paddy, look at your previous posts it would suggest you are not one of the few ITK. Has this now changed and you have a direct link to the Kimura group? Previously you have been like the rest us gaining insight from those few ITK.

It just seems your stance has changed so wondering why and how this has changed from the morning?
It may well be that he asked someone from Kimura directly. They are friendly guys who are willing to engage.

Respectfully, I don’t think that’s true. They see the RH proposal as a commercial catastrophe
I very much doubt that. If they look at the RH development site there is obviously significant potential including blending in wider development opportunities. Maybe they haven't explored it closely. Maybe because Ron was talking silly numbers originally. Or maybe they are wed to the idea of a "new" stadium even if the current proposal is more "doable" and real than something that involved contracting for something that doesn't exist, and indeed may never exist.

I am sure they will rapidly explore the new offer, and engage appropriate external expertise both re the stadium and wider development possibilities.

There is a danger now the a party or parties who do understand the wider development opportunity at RH will get involved, and who have less interest in the future success of the club.

It strikes me that CRATE and Forever Blue are posting a lot but saying nothing that hasn’t already been said by others, and they have no legitimate inside knowledge. Kimura don’t like the RH deal, and why would they?
100% Agreed. …… and I think some of us are enjoying their pathetic little moment in the sunshine just a bit too much. Maybe they would be better employed just teasing the wings off a fly ??

I very much doubt that. If they look at the RH development site there is obviously significant potential including blending in wider development opportunities. Maybe they haven't explored it closely. Maybe because Ron was talking silly numbers originally. Or maybe they are wed to the idea of a "new" stadium even if the current proposal is more "doable" and real than something that involved contracting for something that doesn't exist, and indeed may never exist.

I am sure they will rapidly explore the new offer, and engage appropriate external expertise both re the stadium and wider development possibilities.

There is a danger now the a party or parties who do understand the wider development opportunity at RH will get involved, and who have less interest in the future success of the club.
This point is pivotal.

I think it's clear, despite the placating soundbites, that Martin doesn't give a s**t about the future of the club, only the future of his bank balance. He's opened the process up to a whole bunch of undesirables now...

If Ron sells it will be to a Duddridge-approved slumlord crony who keeps Ron in the picture re future RH development. The club will be kept on life support for another couple of years while Ron, despite not having the football club to worry about, still manages to **** up the FF development.

Just my opinion. Yes, I'm being negative. If I'm wrong I will be delighted.

Could it be as simple and innocent as this:
  • Simplified deal as brokered by Anna Firth to attach a valuable and tangable asset to the sale of the club in the shape of Roots hall
  • Fossetts is still potentially in the picture later down the line with Roots Hall as the bargaining chip. Just to ensure that the buyer has an asset to keep them in the game
  • Allows a new owner to be installed in good (tight) time to save the club from oblivion in the meantime.
  • Later down the road, Roots Hall is part payment for the new stadium at Fossetts if/when it ever gets built
  • Alternatively, stay at Roots Hall with commercial development to make the deal attractive to a buyer

There is potential at RH, yes. But there would be no immediate return, and as much as the Kimura team are committed to the project and to the future of SUFC, they have a fiduciary duty to their investors which is not compatible with several years of losses at RH.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back