• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alternatively he's come on here making a very bold and important statement and when asked to explain with examples his response is well I guess we'll find out soon enough.

I’ve made a bold statement in as much as I’ve said Ron’s lied in a statement? Seriously, Is that anything that new?

The man has lied to the fanbase for 25 years.
@ForeverBlue i agree Martin has lied for a lot of years. But I can see it from others side also, you have stated he has lied about all 5 points on the statement, but haven’t been able to elaborate on this further. I think and I obviously don’t speak for everyone, but think they are just looking for some context behind the statement that he has lied on all 5 points.

If we break them down:

£1 for shares in SEL of circa 70% - if this is a lie could you please expand on this, is the lie in relation to £1 figure or the % for sale?

Roots Hall stadium £4.5m. This was the purchase price paid 25 years ago. — I think it was actually around £3.92m 25 years ago, but then I haven’t got access to the records. Are you saying he didn’t purchase it for £4.5m? if not who much do you think he paid? If he isn’t selling this for £4.5m how much is he selling for in your opinion/info.

We could agree to spread the purchase price of Roots Hall over 3 years with no rent payable in between. -- I think the word “could” is important here, all depends on his terms so maybe not a lie, but also not likely practical as he may want say 75% upfront etc. are you able to explain why this is a lie?

am happy to sell the new training ground at cost. — What is cost, again open to interpretation. How is this a lie, as do we not have the figures for what cost is? Does it include as is now or with temp or perm structures for changing gym canteen etc.

The money to fund the Club’s debt is not required on day one. The Club assesses the cash required in the short term, including settling HMRC (releasing the embargo), to be about £1m. The balance of debts (around £1.5m) can be spread over a period of time, as we have with many of our creditors. —This bit, is hard to substantiate as there is no-one who is able know, other than Martin what the debts truly are. So could be a lie here, granted.

Would you be kind enough to elaborate why you think each point was a lie, obviously without giving sensitive info, but for example your source/group of buyers were quoted more than this figure 2 days ago, over several weeks ago etc.

Could it be that the info you have was accurate, but the goalposts have moved again on Monday and that is why you feel it is a lie as in effect the details you have are now out of date due to the fast moving nature of the situation?

Last edited:
I've Just taken a look through Land registry map search, Im unsure on who owns what but judging by the picture kentblues shared, there is about 6/7 different titles potentially available, which does include Roots Hall
ah i see. i knew it wouldn't be so simple with Ron involved!

Ok Kimura You are southend fans i was lead to beleve Well hear is your chance to prove it and put a small ivestment in to save your and our club .For the time being forget the 22k stadium .Because at this present time it is nothing more than i pipe dream .The main issue is to save the club from a slow painful death I guess all the fans are behind you .And you would see that with large home gates .And a large away following .

Alternatively he's come on here making a very bold and important statement and when asked to explain with examples his response is well I guess we'll find out soon enough.

I’ve made a bold statement in as much as I’ve said Ron’s lied in a statement? Seriously, Is that anything that new?

The man has lied to the fanbase for 25 years.
How soon tho? You don’t know or what?

IMO, the only people who may say KIMURA don’t want to buy the football club have to be linked to RM or know something from RM that the rest don’t.

Simply put, and many on here can back it up. Please read between the lines. The people behind KIMURA want to be involved in the future of the football club. They have been trying to get a deal done and the goal posts have been moved time and time again.

Ron has set out the deal clearly, it’s not far off what he has already turned down. He has also quoted other parties bigger figures.

I just want Ron out the club. And if I can help in anyway with communication then I will.

Right now, we’re in a better position than we was 24 hours ago, as long as RM plays ball and doesn’t move the goal posts for the 400th time.

To be clear the title plan for Roots Hall Stadium as I posted earlier is whats held under Roots Hall Limited. Those other plans I believe include other parcels of land that the Martin family own and I would suggest not what would be sold as 'the stadium.
The Martins may sell those parcels but I am making the assumption they wouldn't be in the sale. All opinion I must add.
I think the point is any competent buyer would make sure and negotiate them in as part of the deal. Because it makes the offer *very* attractive to any serious buyer with a modicum of vision and business sense.

I think the point is any competent buyer would make sure and negotiate them in as part of the deal. Because it makes the offer *very* attractive to any serious buyer with a modicum of vision and business sense.
yes it would make it very attractive, but could be for more than the 4.5 million RM mentioned in the terms of sale statement

So what we know what Ron would like to sell.Apparently both the towns MPs are assisting but giving out mixed information saying how many potential purchasers there are.What we would like to know what the NL have said other than they are understanding to the clubs position have they imposed any deadline for the club to respond to their terms.Dont think its unreasonable for the fan base to know.

IMO, the only people who may say KIMURA don’t want to buy the football club have to be linked to RM or know something from RM that the rest don’t.

Simply put, and many on here can back it up. Please read between the lines. The people behind KIMURA want to be involved in the future of the football club. They have been trying to get a deal done and the goal posts have been moved time and time again.

Ron has set out the deal clearly, it’s not far off what he has already turned down. He has also quoted other parties bigger figures.

I just want Ron out the club. And if I can help in anyway with communication then I will.

Right now, we’re in a better position than we was 24 hours ago, as long as RM plays ball and doesn’t move the goal posts for the 400th time.
Very much this. If somehow Ron can stop moving the goalposts, which hopefully him going public will force him to do (or at least make the movements more bearable) then unless something drastic has changed since last night we should have at least one interested party coming forwards.

My only concern is the devil being in the details of what Ron will try to colour in around the lines of his statement. That fear is not based on being having heard anything, just how Ron normally operates.

@ForeverBlue hi mate, im not here to judge or accuse anyone of being a liar. Im just confused by this all now. Post 16343 and from post 1 to now we are no nearer to completion of the sale.

In the past 24 hours weve had Jack all over the Kimura story and very confident they are the front runners and suggesting the next 24/48 hours could be positive

this was shot down by yourself based on intel you have regarding a second group. I accept that you are being very cautious in terms of the info you can share or choosing to share. However, based on your knowledge are we potentially looking at a possible sale within days? weeks? before the season starts? before 28/7? when the assumed NL deadline has been set.

Are you able to answer any of that?
Appreciate your polite reply @shrimperjon

I’ve stayed consistent that Kimura will not be the new owners of SUFC and that stance certainly hasn’t changed in the slightest.

I appreciate fans want to know more as this has been the worst time in our clubs history, and remains a huge worry for us all, including myself.

As I said, I can’t say anymore, due to the sensitivity of confidential information, but I’m hoping a positive outcome isn’t too far away now.

I would suggest that if RM keeps moving the goalposts (as everyone seems to agree he is), then the end result he wants is not the same as the one he has publicity stated.

Thanks to all those who posted those plans as when I loaded them I couldn't see the boundary line clearly. I'm colour-blind so if it's in red that might be why.

So it seems that for £4.5m RM would sell simply the original plot with IMHO little or no area for development. I know some here believe we can put flats in various places but as a bean-counter I simply don't see how the finances add up to clear that £4.5m plus the other debt & training ground cost plus bringing RH to whatever shape can generate extra income all while we'd still be haemorrhaging cash for quite a while until a full re-set of the club can take place.

I really don't see any of the businessmen I've worked for seeing that as enticing & some of those weren't exactly strictly legal, so would have cut numerous corners.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back