• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • How does RM know that creditors will agree? I would assume a chunk of the extra £1.5 million is already way overdue and on top of the £1 million that’s pressing I would guess that there is another wedge owed to HMRC

We know from the winding up order that two of the major creditors (other than HMRC) were NPower and PG Site Services.

He’s agreed a payment plan with NPower and I think it likely PG Site Services, having propped up the club so far, would be agreeable to a similar repayment plan. It would be a relatively straight forward exercise to check whether this was the case.

scaremongering. You don’t know this
Why would I do that? If you read my posts before, I said that’s not my style and I certainly wouldn’t be doing that now with so much on the line with the club and with emotions running so high.

If some don’t wish to believe me, that’s fine, all I would say is look at Ron’s history of statements, how much was true and how much of what he said actually came to
fruition? I’ll save you the time, pretty much none of t.

According to Ron,

He would continue to fund the club until it’s sold - A LIE

We would be moving into the new training ground when the players returned from pre season training - A LIE

If the club wasn’t sold before July 12th, he would pay all outstanding WUP creditors, including HMRC and all salaries would be bought up to date - A LIE

I could carry on for another 6 pages of what Ron said and then what actually happened but I’m sure by now most fans realise whatever he says can’t be taken as the truth.

Why would I do that? If you read my posts before, I said that’s not my style and I certainly wouldn’t be doing that now with so much on the line with the club and with emotions running so high.

If some don’t wish to believe me, that’s fine, all I would say is look at Ron’s history of statements, how much was true and how much of what he said actually came to

According to Ron,

We would be moving into the new training ground when the players returned from pre season training - A LIE

If the club wasn’t sold before July 12th, he would pay all outstanding WUP creditors, including HMRC and all salaries would be bought up to date - A LIE

I could carry on for another 6 pages of what Ron said and then what actually happened but I’m sure by now most fans realise whatever he says can’t be taken as the truth.
Not disagreeing with your sentiment here - or suggesting you are not ITK. For all of these Ron had to pay money out though. For yesterdays statement he gets money in.

Given where we are though. Time to lay your knowledge of the buyer on the table if you felt a rally around of support could help. The say nothing approach hasn’t helped

Sorry, but that statement simply proves you are not trustworthy. Not sure what your true motive is apart from just winding people up for a bit of fun. Not a true SUFC supporter
Not sure how that somehow proves I’m not trustworthy? Would you care to elaborate please?

If that’s what you believe, that’s fine. But I’ve been a blues fan for 37 years, and a season ticket holder for many many years, along with many of my friends and family.

I don’t have any motive, other than to tell fans the truth, from what I’m told by a very trusted source. I’m sorry if that has upset or offended you in anyway

According to Ron,

I think this post proves that you have no real solid information.

As I'm at work I can only go back so far but do we actually have a handle on what these "boundary lines" are. Is it the original footprint of RH when RM "bought" it or is it the boundary of what he had has applied for planning on, which I presume had the additional areas. I can access the last plans but they aren't that clear.
Included in the planning site are 297, 299 and 301 Victoria Avenue. These buldings and a sizeable chuck of land are boarded up and carry Ron's advertising re new stadium. If these were included then the development opportunities are significant. If I was Kimura if they are not in the offer I would make sure they are. This is a significant development opportunity for someone with the vision to take it forward.

We know from the winding up order that two of the major creditors (other than HMRC) were NPower and PG Site Services.

He’s agreed a payment plan with NPower and I think it likely PG Site Services, having propped up the club so far, would be agreeable to a similar repayment plan. It would be a relatively straight forward exercise to check whether this was the case.

Sorry but if there are already agreements then I doubt they are in that £1 million I would think it’s the HMRC debt included in the WUO, wages and other sums where the debt is mature and creditors are pushing for payment

Not sure how that somehow proves I’m not trustworthy? Would you care to elaborate please?

If that’s what you believe, that’s fine. But I’ve been a blues fan for 37 years, and a season ticket holder for many many years, along with many of my friends and family.

I don’t have any motive, other than to tell fans the truth, from what I’m told by a very trusted source. I’m sorry if that has upset or offended you in anyway
Ok you can’t say to much but can you say if it will get done? And in the time frame needed?

According to Ron,

You've made the point that didn't need making that Ron has lied. What you haven't said is how all 5 points in his statement are lies as per your post.

Ok maybe I misread your intentions here. I just wonder how you can possibly make such a bold comment regarding Ron's statement yesterday which he made in public for all to see. He may not have a great track record but I cannot believe he would have lied about each point made as you state. Like you, I do not wish to offend especially true supporters but I'm not a fan of rumours without some substance either TBH

I have been thinking about this for a while now and it’s worth going over these again

• The parent company will sell its entire shareholding in SUFC (70.6%) for £1.
  • Nothing to see here

• Roots Hall stadium £4.5m. This was the purchase price paid 25 years ago. -
  • I know that it’s been said that this means up to the boundaries sorry till I see a map of what is or is not included I am still sceptical as to what this actually mean not what we assume it means

• We could agree to spread the purchase price of Roots Hall over 3 years with no rent payable in between.
  • Does that mean 3 equal payments will there be interest charged ? Will RM or his companies retain a charge on RH till the full debt settled?

• I am happy to sell the new training ground at cost.

• Payable in one sum ?
But its this bit that is where alarm bells would be ringing for me
  • The money to fund the Club’s debt is not required on day one. The Club assesses the cash required in the short term, including settling HMRC (releasing the embargo), to be about £1m. The balance of debts (around £1.5m) can be spread over a period of time, as we have with many of our creditors.
  • How does RM know that creditors will agree? I would assume a chunk of the extra £1.5 million is already way overdue and on top of the £1 million that’s pressing I would guess that there is another wedge owed to HMRC

All the ST money has been spent yes more may be sold but somehow and from somewhere another massive chunk will need to be found

I know that the numbers seem fair to some but we are talking in millions just to get to the 5/8 which is what 18 days away

All I am suggesting is people dont get their hopes to high

Tbh if the buyer hasn't got a few £m to put in on day 1 to get us out of the embargo and able to pay our bills for the first few seasons then they're probably not the buyer for us

With Ron having now gone public it's time for any interested parties to do likewise.

Your party have so far been totally underground, if they think the figures quoted are laughable it's time for them to come out and call Ron's bluff, offer the amount in public and hold him to it or continue to hide away.

For me, any party that doesn't make some form of public push to accept the terms on offer or negotiate aren't serious enough about buying the club in the next week or two.

Will the group you claim to be close to now make a statement? If not, why not?
You missed one @ForeverBlue.

I have been thinking about this for a while now and it’s worth going over these again

• The parent company will sell its entire shareholding in SUFC (70.6%) for £1.
  • Nothing to see here

• Roots Hall stadium £4.5m. This was the purchase price paid 25 years ago. -
  • I know that it’s been said that this means up to the boundaries sorry till I see a map of what is or is not included I am still sceptical as to what this actually mean not what we assume it means

• We could agree to spread the purchase price of Roots Hall over 3 years with no rent payable in between.
  • Does that mean 3 equal payments will there be interest charged ? Will RM or his companies retain a charge on RH till the full debt settled?

• I am happy to sell the new training ground at cost.

• Payable in one sum ?
But its this bit that is where alarm bells would be ringing for me
  • The money to fund the Club’s debt is not required on day one. The Club assesses the cash required in the short term, including settling HMRC (releasing the embargo), to be about £1m. The balance of debts (around £1.5m) can be spread over a period of time, as we have with many of our creditors.

All the ST money has been spent yes more may be sold but somehow and from somewhere another massive chunk will need to be found

I know that the numbers seem fair to some but we are talking in millions just to get to the 5/8 which is what 18 days away

All I am suggesting is people dont get their hopes to high

roots hall paln.jpg

According to Ron,

I am not doubting Ron is a compulsive lier. But I know for a fact he’s under huge pressure from every direction and he is now desperate. Hence the statement and fairly good and more simple deal than beforehand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back