• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
So hold tight for a little bit longer?
If I were you, I’d take his comments with a pinch of salt, while also taking Ron’s statements as a pinch of salt, until we get a public statement from a 3rd Party since the NDA is technically not really a thing anymore, we won’t know for sure.

I for one have not been told or anyone aware of another party, and that the outlined pricing and head of terms that were set out yesterday in the statement are so far correct.

All 5 points in the statement are lies
these 5 points?
  • The parent company will sell its entire shareholding in SUFC (70.6%) for £1. - is he not selling that for £1 as in that's what he will receive for the SUFC shares?
  • Roots Hall stadium £4.5m. This was the purchase price paid 25 years ago. - did he pay less than 4.5 million r the cost is more than 4.5 million?
  • We could agree to spread the purchase price of Roots Hall over 3 years with no rent payable in between. - is he not allowing the spreading of the payments? is he charging rent (other than if promoted to the FL as i think he said that was the case?
  • I am happy to sell the new training ground at cost. - this one surprised me last night
  • The money to fund the Club’s debt is not required on day one. The Club assesses the cash required in the short term, including settling HMRC (releasing the embargo), to be about £1m. The balance of debts (around £1.5m) can be spread over a period of time, as we have with many of our creditors. - i assume it is required on day 1 found this surprising as well as i think you would have to prove that for a takeover to be complete
can you let us all know what they are not correct i have put some comments / thoughts/ It is all very confusing for moist and all these ITK's contradicting each other make sit even harder to surmise what is going on. In my mind if no one is in direct dialogue right now i cant see how things can be done to satisfy the NL before the season starts

For everyone who asked RM has responded to the email regarding Roots Hall. The valuation of £4.5M includes all of the surrounding land up to the boundary lines.

This makes it a very attractive proposal.

Read previous posts. It's Roots Hall and the surrounding land to the boundaries.

As I'm at work I can only go back so far but do we actually have a handle on what these "boundary lines" are. Is it the original footprint of RH when RM "bought" it or is it the boundary of what he had has applied for planning on, which I presume had the additional areas. I can access the last plans but they aren't that clear.

Yes there is.

The statement from Ron last night was full of fabricated lies to try and make himself look better to the fans.

Those figures he quoted are just laughable

Do not trust or believe a word that man says.
Out of interest when was the last time you spoke to your source?

My understanding is that this is a revamped/easier deal to facilitate a quick sale after the previous terms proved too difficult.

Have any one of you noticed Martin's latest masterstroke ?

He issues another "dynamic" statement and not one person has mentioned continuing protesting outside his house.

Martin 1 Us daft sods 0

#MartinOut
Supporters groups were meeting last night - are we expecting a statement from them today?

I have been thinking about this for a while now and it’s worth going over these again

• The parent company will sell its entire shareholding in SUFC (70.6%) for £1.
  • Nothing to see here

• Roots Hall stadium £4.5m. This was the purchase price paid 25 years ago. -
  • I know that it’s been said that this means up to the boundaries sorry till I see a map of what is or is not included I am still sceptical as to what this actually mean not what we assume it means

• We could agree to spread the purchase price of Roots Hall over 3 years with no rent payable in between.
  • Does that mean 3 equal payments will there be interest charged ? Will RM or his companies retain a charge on RH till the full debt settled?

• I am happy to sell the new training ground at cost.

• Payable in one sum ?
But its this bit that is where alarm bells would be ringing for me
  • The money to fund the Club’s debt is not required on day one. The Club assesses the cash required in the short term, including settling HMRC (releasing the embargo), to be about £1m. The balance of debts (around £1.5m) can be spread over a period of time, as we have with many of our creditors.
  • How does RM know that creditors will agree? I would assume a chunk of the extra £1.5 million is already way overdue and on top of the £1 million that’s pressing I would guess that there is another wedge owed to HMRC

All the ST money has been spent yes more may be sold but somehow and from somewhere another massive chunk will need to be found

I know that the numbers seem fair to some but we are talking in millions just to get to the 5/8 which is what 18 days away

All I am suggesting is people dont get their hopes to high

Not sure if final approved plans differed from these but its for the 502 units.
Looking at all the proposed elevations, and stadium elevation (on the East Stand the office/hospitality element run higher than the stadium roof that its self has a void, there would be the possibility of extending both up and back?
Also certain aspects of the development would still be possible dependent on how many parking spaces we really need (note need not would like). Maybe 100 units (B1, B2, B3, C1 C2 could still be in play?- see

https://democracy.southend.gov.uk/d...ide - Roof Plan - 2188-00-DR-0120 rev P04.pdf)

Or you could add additional retail/hospitality. Frankly you could add a hotel the size proposed at FF instead of the residential- but many question whether hotels would be the best approach from a business perspective. 100 homes down the road could pay for the total purchase cost...????

Disclaimer there are those on here with expertise in these matters and I am not among them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back