• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I missing something? I wish I could share in the optimism but I don’t understand why some are suggesting this is an attractive prospect for buyers.

An initial £9 million to buy RH, the training ground, and clear the debts. Then however many millions to redevelop RH. Just to own a loss making lower league football club..

Yes, the £2 million a year loss can probably be drastically reduced by redeveloping RH and the club being run more efficiently. But it’s hardly going to turn into a profit making business. So how on earth are buyers going to see any form of return on a £10-20 million investment?

I remember from the Carl bid, he was pretty optimistic that in the right stadium, the club could be a much more attractive proposition. If RH could become that stadium I don't know, if the costs of buying and repurposing RH add up, I don't know. But I wouldn't write off the proposal. Equally, as I've said, it likely looks very attractive to a property developer if they can lose the club quickly - 500 flats!

Am I missing something? I wish I could share in the optimism but I don’t understand why some are suggesting this is an attractive prospect for buyers.

An initial £9 million to buy RH, the training ground, and clear the debts. Then however many millions to redevelop RH. Just to own a loss making lower league football club..

Yes, the £2 million a year loss can probably be drastically reduced by redeveloping RH and the club being run more efficiently. But it’s hardly going to turn into a profit making business. So how on earth are buyers going to see any form of return on a £10-20 million investment?
Aside the RH future development potential, a well run club could quite conceivably generate significant revenue via player development and sales. It's speculative but in the case of Kamura they are well positioned to do this with the existing sports business they have. Also, we are no where near a sleeping giant, but Southend United has huge potential to increase our fan base over time and realize our potential. So I can see why someone might want to invest in us. I hope RMs revised terms are enough

Sherif it is … but some on here are now so addicted to misery and negativity they are determined to find ways in which it is in fact a terrible deal however tortured the argument. It was ever thus.

Thing is you are able to imagine the possibilities as it’s your day job, others only image the problems :-)
It's a ****e deal guys. What part of this makes it an attractive proposition for any investor?

Sorry, I would love the club to survive and would be happy as things stands to play at Southchurch in a couple of temp stands. However I really can't see a queue of investors biting Ron's hand off, the deal is terrible for anyone looking to make a return. OK there may be a fan who has £10-£20m to throw away - if so this may be attractive but for everyone else - no!

The current planning permission at RH required phase 1 of the FF stadium to be leased to Southend or another club prior to any demolition of the stadium. Planning permission at Boots and Laces requires new training ground to be leased to Southend before Boots and Laces can be started. No flats at Boots and Laces/FF can be occupied until phase 1 of stadium at FF is complete

That might not be verbatim but is roughly it.

Planning conditions can of course be changed - they'd have had to have been if the new smaller FF stadium was passed as it doesn't contain enough seats in phase 1 to pass the conditions.

On the surface this looks a good deal for the right buyers, if it is a genuine offer it says to me Ron has had enough and has run out of ideas to take this any further. He must be feeling immense pressure, and at 70 although not really old he is not young so does he need all this hassle. If he takes himself out of the club the fans will not be at his house any more, he can get on with his life and the club can move on hopefully to much better days.

I am getting really confused now about who is bidding.

Are we talking about Kimura Capital, as in "Kimura’s principal focus is in providing liquidity and working capital to the global commodity markets through a series of private credit strategies, serving pools of capital from some of the world’s largest investors."

I can't see any mention of sports investment, property development, or anything remotely similar. I think someone said that the directors had Southend connections, and I did see their auditors are in Leigh. Coventry City have shown that there is a fate that is as bad, if not worse, than Ron.

Have we actually heard anything from them about what their intentions are?

On the surface this looks a good deal for the right buyers, if it is a genuine offer it says to me Ron has had enough and has run out of ideas to take this any further. He must be feeling immense pressure, and at 70 although not really old he is not young so does he need all this hassle. If he takes himself out of the club the fans will not be at his house any more, he can get on with his life and the club can move on hopefully to much better days.
And if it does all go t**s up you can chant one team in Essex as fact :Thumbs up:

I am getting really confused now about who is bidding.

Are we talking about Kimura Capital, as in "Kimura’s principal focus is in providing liquidity and working capital to the global commodity markets through a series of private credit strategies, serving pools of capital from some of the world’s largest investors."

I can't see any mention of sports investment, property development, or anything remotely similar. I think someone said that the directors had Southend connections, and I did see their auditors are in Leigh. Coventry City have shown that there is a fate that is as bad, if not worse, than Ron.

Have we actually heard anything from them about what their intentions are?
Kimura performance

I don't want to be stood outside Ron's house on a Saturday, I want to be stood inside Roots Hall. Let's hope someone is willing to take this on with what I consider to be reasonable terms.

In which case you won’t be able to understand how spending even more on the proposition at FF could give a return? Because many of the answers are the same, And indeed why anyone would every want to buy a football club at all. Which is fair enough.

Planning is as per current plans and that’s approved. What’s not approved is a smaller stadium and more housing. Yet.

They haven’t agreed the purchase yet, they talk about using pension fund investment. That is linked to gilts which have changed massively over the last 6 months.

Even if they do agree a deal it will be vastly different today than what it was previously.
That right the 22k stadium was approved but Ron reduced it and that has not been agreed or passed And I don't think it will be passed for months or even years

So the council say no to fossetts .Some one comes in a buys the club for 4.5 millon No new syadium mean no demolition of rootshall so we could end up playing there for some time yet .So rootshall needs work Anner firth said a safty certificate is possable How many fans have a trade in pluming and building or painting that could give up some time to tidy up some of the hall . Iwould pitch in if needed.
Lots would, and have previously. But it's a catch twenty two. They can't allow supporters in to help until certain aspects of the safety standards to achieve the certificate occur. Those carrying out that work would have liability insurance, and believe me, to work on Roots Hall .... its needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back