• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
The safety certificate has been bandied about as £300k, then mysteriously £400k yet at the ST meeting with Tom it was stated by Tom that these figures were way out and the actual cost this year would be a fraction of that?
I wonder if anyone from the Trust at that meeting can confirm??

The safety certificate has been bandied about as £300k, then mysteriously £400k yet at the ST meeting with Tom it was stated by Tom that these figures were way out and the actual cost this year would be a fraction of that?
I wonder if anyone from the Trust at that meeting can confirm??
The MP said most things were done for the cert. One thing to do and she was hopeful the council could cover that

Still very cynical and sceptical about this.

Why make official statements on the website now when we have had radio silence for months? What’s in it for him?

I want to be optimistic but sorry, I don’t trust a word Ron Martin says. And hate feeling like that, would love nothing more than being hopeful and looking forward for better times so hope I’m wrong.

But the man is a liar.
He was asked to on Saturday wasnt he? There was a video of people talking to him at the protest and he said I’ll say what I can if I get the ok to do so

Yes exactly. They are just proposed arrangements. Planning is agreed already.

They would purchase the houses, but haven’t agreed anything yet. As I mentioned on another response pension fund investment is tied to gilts which have vastly changed since that announcement.

Gotcha - yes I guess it's how tied in is the funding to build the flats - if the pension fund has pre agreed to the funding at a certain interest rate then it depends on how watertight the agreement is. If they havent, and I mentioned this on another thread, it would be a serious error from Ron to come a cropper to rising interest rates again

Since the statement, a lot of positivity with many varying scenarios.
I wonder when he changed the 'goalpost's' re what initially was on the table re the sale?.
Today, last week, who knows?.
Bottom line is, another day has passed without positive news re a buyer, the sands of time are running out before the NL act.
Certain people won't be getting much sleep in the next 2-3 days, if a sale is to be made to save us?.

The MP said most things were done for the cert. One thing to do and she was hopeful the council could cover that
I think the £300-£400k being talked about for the safety certificate is not quite right. I believe the certification process is likely £10-15k. I suspect those big numbers come from the cost to rectify defects to be compliant. not a rolling charge every season.

EDIT: I also recall Ronald spouting off about having to pay out c.£300k on the stadium in a rant/statement last year

Am I missing something? I wish I could share in the optimism but I don’t understand why some are suggesting this is an attractive prospect for buyers.

An initial £9 million to buy RH, the training ground, and clear the debts. Then however many millions to redevelop RH. Just to own a loss making lower league football club..

Yes, the £2 million a year loss can probably be drastically reduced by redeveloping RH and the club being run more efficiently. But it’s hardly going to turn into a profit making business. So how on earth are buyers going to see any form of return on a £10-20 million investment?

I hear we are at last beginning to move towards a viable proposition for the fans of Southend United FC to take over club ......

at last the work on this is starting .

Hurrrah for the guys working on this - they are the only heroes in this mess

Here we go !

Am I missing something? I wish I could share in the optimism but I don’t understand why some are suggesting this is an attractive prospect for buyers.

An initial £9 million to buy RH, the training ground, and clear the debts. Then however many millions to redevelop RH. Just to own a loss making lower league football club..

Yes, the £2 million a year loss can probably be drastically reduced by redeveloping RH and the club being run more efficiently. But it’s hardly going to turn into a profit making business. So how on earth are buyers going to see any form of return on a £10-20 million investment?
RH land is worth a fortune if someone can build on it.

I hear we are at last beginning to move towards a viable proposition for the fans of Southend United FC to take over club ......

at last the work on this is starting .

Hurrrah for the guys working on this - they are the only heroes in this mess

Here we go !
The fans aren't buying the club

Whilst this would normally be funny, a lot of their fans have given us tremendous support recently with our current plight. Let's keep rivalries aside so that we can concentrate on our survival which would allow such rivalries to remain rather than be lost forever.
No offence taken here, in fact I laughed, its just banter as far as I am concerned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back