• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
I may be missing the point, but this seems like an excellent deal given the circumstances...
Sherif it is … but some on here are now so addicted to misery and negativity they are determined to find ways in which it is in fact a terrible deal however tortured the argument. It was ever thus.

Thing is you are able to imagine the possibilities as it’s your day job, others only image the problems :-)

I bet to yanks that brought wrexham wasnt sure if it would work .Yes thay said they lost two millons in the first season .The club didnt get promoted in there first season . There fans stuck with rthem .Parts of there ground are having toi be revanped because it was derlict .So what they did someone could do the same at the hall .As i have said no new stsdium Will help a new owner get some work do at the hall .If ron sells the hall as he said he was going to .Then he cant stop and new owner tarting the hall up .

If they get relegated they're not! Doesn't pass the sniff test this one!
Apologies probably off topic - but actually the more I think about it the worse this gets - it's replaced a commercial facility - it's not even going to increase exports, create jobs or anything. It's just allowed the company to bin off a bank and borrow at a lower rate from the Govt. Terrible deal for the taxpayer

RH has planning permission for 500 flats.

The value comes from how you realise that or how you can repurpose RH to get sufficient non matchday income.

The danger for fans is that we get a purchaser that just wants to build the flats and sends the club under pdq.
That could be said for any owner, historic, present or future.

As things stand however, and please correct me if I’m wrong, planning permission for RH is conditional on FF being built.

I would suggest, this opens up doors to all kinds of investors.

4.5M for Roots Hall is pennies. The right developer could get planning to build all around the stadium and the profits funding the club and redevelopment of Roots Hall.
But...is all around stadium included ? The car park ? The houses on Vic Ave etc ?

Sherif it is … but some on here are now so addicted to misery and negativity they are determined to find ways in which it is in fact a terrible deal however tortured the argument. It was ever thus.

Thing is you are able to imagine the possibilities as it’s your day job, others only image the problems :-)
I'm very pessistic, because the guy has history of lying. He's waiting until the 11th hour to offer something that the experts say is a good offer. If he had done that months, even years ago, we wouldn't be in this mess !

Sorry i will neve understand the fickled fans .Pepole righly said they want to know what is on the table .So he puts out a statment that he will sell the club for 1 pound .And he wants the 4.5 millon back he brought the club for .Kamran said they wanted ROOTSHALL ok he has offered it to them .He also wants 1.5 millon for the new training ground Tne amount of money can be sprad over time .If i had the money i would bite his had off to save my club .What about fossetts well it has not ben passed by the council And i have a strange felling it will be years before it is ..so they cant build on the hall untill that stadium is built .So we could end up staying at the hall for quite some time .

I would suggest, this opens up doors to all kinds of investors.

4.5M for Roots Hall is pennies. The right developer could get planning to build all around the stadium and the profits funding the club and redevelopment of Roots Hall.
Not sur eat you would get permission to build up on the south and west stands due to the residential properties on the border, maybe the north you would and probably the east

So the council say no to fossetts .Some one comes in a buys the club for 4.5 millon No new syadium mean no demolition of rootshall so we could end up playing there for some time yet .So rootshall needs work Anner firth said a safty certificate is possable How many fans have a trade in pluming and building or painting that could give up some time to tidy up some of the hall . Iwould pitch in if needed.
Planning is as per current plans and that’s approved. What’s not approved is a smaller stadium and more housing. Yet.

They haven’t agreed the purchase yet, they talk about using pension fund investment. That is linked to gilts which have changed massively over the last 6 months.

Even if they do agree a deal it will be vastly different today than what it was previously.

Still very cynical and sceptical about this.

Why make official statements on the website now when we have had radio silence for months? What’s in it for him?

I want to be optimistic but sorry, I don’t trust a word Ron Martin says. And hate feeling like that, would love nothing more than being hopeful and looking forward for better times so hope I’m wrong.

But the man is a liar.

Doesn’t sound to good. Shocking! Us fans being left in the dark YET AGAIN! RON I HOPE YOU GO TO PRISON FOR THIS!
Joshy Boy, I would listen to her interview for yourself. I thought she was very positive on what she had to say.

She was very complimentary about the support from the fans and the football played by the team.

Said it is unthinkable that Southend doesn't have a football team going forward.

I got the impression she is working extremerly hard to get this sorted. She will put pressure on Southend Council to work quickly to help us get the safety certificate for Roots Hall and will lobby the relevant minister at Westiminster to aid with support for us.

Well worth spending 9 minutes to listen to her interview...it will cheer you up..it did me

Oh - got a link? Pretty certain there is an agreement - at least in principle. The last statement I saw from council was this

Yes exactly. They are just proposed arrangements. Planning is agreed already.

They would purchase the houses, but haven’t agreed anything yet. As I mentioned on another response pension fund investment is tied to gilts which have vastly changed since that announcement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back