• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
His comments on Saturday were pulled to pieces showing that a liar needs a good memory, which he clearly hasn't. That's why you can never trust one - a liar, that is - as you never know where you stand with one (as we all know).

The statement today, on the surface, appears pretty good but if this is what's been the offer all along - why the hold-up(s) - what are we missing / not being told if it's that straightforward ?

I really, really hope a deal can now be sorted but just can't help feeling there's a skeleton lurking in a closet somewhere that'll scupper things - I also hope I'm wrong.....

we probably will have more money than is needed to buy the club, fix RH for NL football, meet the running costs,, pay the staff, consolidate the playing and managements staff costs, book in the advertisers and sponsors ,,, get the season ticket money ..

start building a professional football club we can be proud of ..
Sadly monopoly money doesn't count ...

So frustrating that a 'potential' realistic deal could be on offer at the 11th hour!!!!!! But is this all a decoy to get people off his back....wouldn't be a first for Ron would it.

if I’m reading it correctly its a fair deal and a sign of a man desperately trying to exit.

but what he seems to be saying is that we’d have our ground but be back to square one in terms of a new ground. Plus we’d be training in a local park.

the club costs nothing, although you would not want to take on its historic liabilities.

the ground seems to be the key thing - we need 45 local businesses or people to put in 100k in return for a share of it. That’s not impossible surely, as the asset has value.

we’d also need an army of volunteers to do it up - but I thing we’d get that.

could the fans not buy it?
we bought it once before

Am I missing something? I wish I could share in the optimism but I don’t understand why some are suggesting this is an attractive prospect for buyers.

An initial £9 million to buy RH, the training ground, and clear the debts. Then however many millions to redevelop RH. Just to own a loss making lower league football club..

Yes, the £2 million a year loss can probably be drastically reduced by redeveloping RH and the club being run more efficiently. But it’s hardly going to turn into a profit making business. So how on earth are buyers going to see any form of return on a £10-20 million investment?
I don't disagree but it's about as good as we're going to get. If this isn't a meaningful business plan then I'm not certain what would be.

It's a ****e deal guys. What part of this makes it an attractive proposition for any investor?

Sorry, I would love the club to survive and would be happy as things stands to play at Southchurch in a couple of temp stands. However I really can't see a queue of investors biting Ron's hand off, the deal is terrible for anyone looking to make a return. OK there may be a fan who has £10-£20m to throw away - if so this may be attractive but for everyone else - no!
Again, thats perfectly valid but what does a better result for us look like? I feel like this is as good as it gets and if that isn't good enough then we're really ****ed.

we probably will have more money than is needed to buy the club, fix RH for NL football, meet the running costs,, pay the staff, consolidate the playing and managements staff costs, book in the advertisers and sponsors ,,, get the season ticket money ..

Get cracking then rayleigh boi - you’re in charge, I’ll help - what do you need?

In which case you won’t be able to understand how spending even more on the proposition at FF could give a return? Because many of the answers are the same, And indeed why anyone would every want to buy a football club at all. Which is fair enough.
More room for retail space, bars, better catering facilities, function/corporate facilities, more bars/hospitality areas.
Potential to attract 4-5k more fans every match day due to better match day experience.
We simply do not have the space at Roots Hall and therefore an investor will see FF (especially long term) as a far more attractive proposition.

More room for retail space, bars, better catering facilities, function/corporate facilities, more bars/hospitality areas.
Potential to attract 4-5k more fans every match day due to better match day experience.
We simply do not have the space at Roots Hall and therefore an investor will see FF (especially long term) as a far more attractive proposition.
Sorry, not forgetting the hotel.

I'm really not sure why people saying this is a bad deal. It's a great deal.

Roots hall is worth vastly more than 4.5 million, possibly as much as 10 million. And can be paid in installments.

Buy the club for £ and clear debts circa 2million.

Almost instantly there will be 3k+ season tickets sold giving the new owners 500k-750k to stabilise the playing squad.

Gates will undoubtedly be above 8k+ and if the club can reinvent the matchday experience, with better food and drink options (not hard) then further revenue can be brought in.

Imagine people said the same thing if Luton was for sale when in the conference and yet they have flown up the league's and find themselves at Kenilworth road playing premier League football.

There is quite literally an army of fans waiting to clean, paint and repair roots hall in their free time.

This is a fantastic opportunity to build something special.

Am I biased? Of course, but I do genuinely believe this club can have a very bright future. We just need someone with money to have the same belief.

You're still going yet? Haven't woken up from dreamland?

If that’s correct and it’s a rep from Kimura then speak up as the fan base might be able to help??
I’ve heard from a reliable source that the deal Ron announced today is the first they’ve heard of those terms on offer, late last week the deal on the table looked markedly different.

What caused the change? Is it protests, deadlines, an attempt to create an auction? Who knows what Ron’s thinking.

Now Ron has gone public I would expect we’ll be hearing from them very soon, so keep your eyes peeled it may be about to get interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back