• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really can't see us surviving, Ron is for ever moving the goalposts, a few days ago it was a 3 year lease, now its buy roots hall for now what's a **** hole falling apart, for the same as what he brought it for 25years ago, how about you apply the same discount you took when you stole it, How can he not be held to account for destroying our club and running off with a fortune the man is an absolute deluded scumbag.
what happened to this army of people that would help revamp parts of the stadium that need urgent work .I would have thought there are many fans that have a trade to do some work to bring it up to sratch .Or maybe saving the club was all talk .But i doubt thats the case .

this is open to businesses that export. because they are involved in global broadcast they can get the loan. We don't quite have the reach! we cant even put on a friendly!
That's quite tenuous - Wolves don't export anything. The premier league own the TV rights that are exported. And lets face it the premier league could lend the cash if they wanted to!

Reactions: JD
That's quite tenuous - Wolves don't export anything. The premier league own the TV rights that are exported. And lets face it the premier league could lend the cash if they wanted to!
Yes PL have the rights but Wolves are (part of) the product - the football! I agree, its tenuous and leaves a bad taste.

If I were them I wouldn’t either. I’m struggling to see how they get a return on their investment, and that is what their backers are by all accounts - investors seeking a return on their cash over and above the risk free rate that one earns by having cash in the bank.

Ron’s deal would be great for a supporter with lots of money but I struggle to see the return on investment. Maybe that’s why I work in finance but am not a banker though?
Maybe they didn’t realise they were bidding for a football club at all…

With sufficient vision and sensible investment most of what can be achieved through the new stadium could be created through the right investment at RH and acquired for far less. Perhaps they do need to speak to Sherrif as a matter of some urgency.

But it’s still a football club either way and your start point is really you don’t see why anyone would ever invest in a football club….

£9 million to buy RH, the training ground and discharge the debt.

And that’s before any inward investment into a loss making business.

No wonder it’s not an attractive proposition to a prospective buyer looking for a return.

Unless Ron via his companies agrees to set off the club’s debt against the sale price of RH so that it can be used to pay the creditors I can’t see a deal happening anytime soon.

In effect that will reduce the purchase price by £2.5m.

If he really wanted to save the club I suspect that gesture would go a long way.

FF can be dealt with at a later date.

The council have said this deal is not done.
So the council say no to fossetts .Some one comes in a buys the club for 4.5 millon No new syadium mean no demolition of rootshall so we could end up playing there for some time yet .So rootshall needs work Anner firth said a safty certificate is possable How many fans have a trade in pluming and building or painting that could give up some time to tidy up some of the hall . Iwould pitch in if needed.

No wonder it’s not an attractive proposition to a prospective buyer looking for a return.

Unless Ron via his companies agrees to set off the club’s debt against the sale price of RH so that it can be used to pay the creditors I can’t see a deal happening anytime soon.

If he really wanted to save the club I suspect that gesture would go a long way.

I may be missing the point, but this seems like an excellent deal given the circumstances...

I also felt that loan was pushing the boundaries a fair but…… tax payers money too…. Oh how the other half live eh!

RH has planning permission for 500 flats.

The value comes from how you realise that or how you can repurpose RH to get sufficient non matchday income.

The danger for fans is that we get a purchaser that just wants to build the flats and sends the club under pdq.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back