• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
I finally caught up over the weekend

Southend Divided Football Club doesn't have the same ring if you ask me.

Ron wants us to be at each other's throats and to start throwing blame toward heroic people such as Stan Collymore for example.

Ron wants us to find someone else to blame as it makes his claims of "It's not me, I want to sell" look believable.

We really need to stay united in what we want.

We want Martin out.

NOT Stan

NOT Tom Lawrence

Not Chris Phillips

NOT some fan that you didn't agree with one time.

We want Ron Martin out.
Well put there’s 8,000 plus of us we all have different opinions ( that’s life) but we must all be ONE until that man has left our club , we all want our great team to come through this,

The East would be last to be developed because it is the one with the most drain on design resource. You are dealing with a major change in levels from car park to seating bowl, so there is a lot of 'buggeration' in trying to find the most efficient way to house all of the desired upgraded functionality with the need for more seats, all the while trying to not to make it significantly larger than the current iteration to soften the planning application.

To supplement in the interim, you can bring in modular facilities such as the aforementioned surge bar.
The shredded wheat in the car park?

If FF ever happens.
The more I think about it, the more I think FF shouldn't happen. We'll initially forgive its shortcomings and then in time will grow to hate the place. That 2 mile / 40 minute walk from the stadium back to the town will soon become VERY boring. Especially walking back after losing to a 90+4 goal.

The whole thing stinks of lack of planning, it's just been a case of dumping a stadium in a field and hoping for the best.

Tbh i just cannot see Nicky wanting to be involved in RM's shenanigans, why would he, he hardly needs the aggravation it would entail. I know Nicky , we grew up together, this IMO would not be his remit at all, but i have been surprised before.

This one would be a shock though.

Next time someone posts anyone but Ron at least you will be on hand to explain why that statement is far from true.

Is there a risk that increasing the height of the West Stand in any way - which would surely be an unavoidable consequence of re-profiling and replacing the roof - would run into planning trouble? There are going to be a lot of homeowners on Shakespeare Drive suddenly very worried about losing their light in the mornings.

At least the North and East wouldn't face the same constraints, but work on the West is very very much needed.

From what I read on Jack Shaw Twitter if Ron is talking to property developers and he stays on at the club we are screwed we will be back to where we started

Is there a risk that increasing the height of the West Stand in any way - which would surely be an unavoidable consequence of re-profiling and replacing the roof - would run into planning trouble? There are going to be a lot of homeowners on Shakespeare Drive suddenly very worried about losing their light in the mornings.

At least the North and East wouldn't face the same constraints, but work on the West is very very much needed.
Not a huge amount you can do with the current ground, is there - and the cost of keep patching it up must be horrendous. Needs razing, rotating 90 degrees and rebuilding if we’re staying on that site. Which we‘re not as Ron is sticking flats there.

My mistake, i didn't think any sane person would want to stay at Roots Hall without Balldozing the current money pit, crumbling/falling/Rotting down stadium and starting again, with a Stadium fit for the 21 century and one its Fans can be proud off.

Seems to me Fossetts Farm ticks all the boxes for modern and fit for purpose.
Not sure why you are so rattled by (admittedly premature) discussions surrounding the possibility of re-development/re-modernisation of RH? And why you are suggesting I or anyone else is insane, or in cloud cuckoo land for doing so?

As supporters we should be discussing and preparing for all possible eventualities. Nothing can be ruled out in our situation. If that entails staying at RH and subtle re-development Pompey style, then I will gladly take it if it means we survive and are rid of Ron. You?

I'd also take FF, if we are completely rid of Ron by the way.

Not a huge amount you can do with the current ground, is there - and the cost of keep patching it up must be horrendous. Needs razing, rotating 90 degrees and rebuilding if we’re staying on that site. Which we‘re not as Ron is sticking flats there.
He can’t stick flats there until FF is built and is occupied by either SUFC or another football team

Not sure why you are so rattled by (admittedly premature) discussions surrounding the possibility of re-development/re-modernisation of RH? And why you are suggesting I or anyone else is insane, or in cloud cuckoo land for doing so?

As supporters we should be discussing and preparing for all possible eventualities. Nothing can be ruled out in our situation. If that entails staying at RH and subtle re-development Pompey style, then I will gladly take it if it means we survive and are rid of Ron. You?

I'd also take FF, if we are completely rid of Ron by the way.

Good to discuss things Smithy but redeveloping RH would be as low as 25% of the cost of a new stadium?

Did 3 lads in transit with Irish number plates quote you that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back