• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ball, SERIOUSLY what fantasy world are you living in.

If you honestly think, balldozing Roots Hall and starting again, would be cheaper than Fossetts Farm, then your living in cloud cuckoo land...Lol.
Where did I say "bulldozing"?

I said re-developing/re-modernising.

Take a moment to read through the thread, in particular the quotes from @Sherif H who trust me, knows what he is talking about.

You will then realise it is not a "fantasy world" I am living in. The above would be significantly cheaper than the £40m it would cost to build FF.

I'm off back to cloud cukoo land.

I know nothing of either of these people/companies, are they people we would want potentially are are we looking at RM Mark 2?
Probably, for some on here that know the local business scene, they are not a company you would want to deal with. Certainly wouldn’t want them (or their subsidiary Pier Management) as your Freeholder / Landlord/ Managing agent.

That said, as the Roslin shows- and casting no aspersions whatsoever- they seem remarkably good at getting whatever planning through that they desire…

Last edited:
In theory it is possible, but you'd be looking at seat kills to get segregation in on the North side of the NW corner.
Thank You kind Sir.

Depending on the number of lost seats, I'd think it would be worth it. Purely for the increased atmosphere and the added points I believe it would earn us over a season. Certainly until such a time where away teams average more than 500 anyway.

I suppose the question is that if it is this Nicky Gould then would he be financing a bare minimum on the football side to get us through to a new stadium, or would he be someone interested in spending money to get us success on the pitch?

Where did I say "bulldozing"?

I said re-developing/re-modernising.

Take a moment to read through the thread, in particular the quotes from @Sherif H who trust me, knows what he is talking about.

You will then realise it is not a "fantasy world" I am living in. The above would be significantly cheaper than the £40m it would cost to build FF.

I'm off back to cloud cukoo land.
Not to mention in a far more convenient location for anyone coming to games by train and wanting to stick around for a pint.

Just a thought. Am a big baseball fan. Major League The Minnesota Twins based in Minneapolis were arguing for ten years about building a new stadium. Then it snowed and the roof literally fell in so they had to rebuild. Cost?
555 million dollars.
Whoever buys the new stadium at FF, or a redeveloped RH, will be getting a bargain.

In theory it is possible, but you'd be looking at seat kills to get segregation in on the North side of the NW corner.
How realistic do you think it would be to put the away fans in the South Lower whilst the home fans keep the South Upper? That seems ideal to me, if it wasn't a logistical nightmare.

Just a thought. Am a big baseball fan. Major League The Minnesota Twins based in Minneapolis were arguing for ten years about building a new stadium. Then it snowed and the roof literally fell in so they had to rebuild. Cost?
555 million dollars.
Whoever buys the new stadium at FF, or a redeveloped RH, will be getting a bargain.
And the architects were Populous who have designed FF.

I suppose the question is that if it is this Nicky Gould then would he be financing a bare minimum on the football side to get us through to a new stadium, or would he be someone interested in spending money to get us success on the pitch?
They’d be absolutely in it for the land development, with the club as a necessary inconvenience. (Unless, as Cricko says, one of his kids / extended family was a fan or has a desire to run a football club (and I’m not aware of any connection previously).

How realistic do you think it would be to put the away fans in the South Lower whilst the home fans keep the South Upper? That seems ideal to me, if it wasn't a logistical nightmare.
That's what I thought. Make the Shakespeare Dr entrance for South and have entrance to West via Fairfax and North via car park? If you had to segregate

They’d be absolutely in it for the land development, with the club as a necessary inconvenience. (Unless, as Cricko says, one of his kids / extended family was a fan or has a desire to run a football club (and I’m not aware of any connection previously).
It would most definitely be a case of "out of the frying, into the heart of the sun".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back