• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Again, it depends what the design looks like. Built in the traditional format, with 'bricks and mortar' and a cantilevered roof, you could be looking at between £12-15m.

Designed and built in a modular fashion, it might be £5m.

Remember, there is a sliding scale of options.

I was editing my post with wish list as you replied

Again, it depends what the design looks like. Built in the traditional format, with 'bricks and mortar' and a cantilevered roof, you could be looking at between £12-15m.

Designed and built in a modular fashion, it might be £5m.

Remember, there is a sliding scale of options.
So in theory, we could give the whole place a good facelift, plus a good upgrade (compared to now) on the corporate/entertainment facilities for £10m-£15m?

FF in its current form is what nearer £40-£45m?

As a Plan B, it's worth exploring for any potential owner surely.

So in theory, we could give the whole place a good facelift, plus a good upgrade (compared to now) on the corporate/entertainment facilities for £10m-£15m?

As a Plan B, it's worth exploring for any potential owner surely.
Seriously guys what it the point of talking about RH or FF?

We won’t have a club very soon

Should we not be focusing the minds on what we can do next?

The MP interview gives absolute no indication of a buyer

Openly asks potential buyers to contact her or bbc essex

We are ****ed

I'd also like to add, the big thing here is scale. You don't want to flood the market with too much product if you're upgrading. So with a modular construction the stadium can be fit for the lower reaches and bolt more on as you go to satisfy demand. The only thing that has to be clear from the outset is that if you are buying a season ticket from an area that is likely to be repurposed for Hospitality use at another stage, you're ok with that.

You don't want a situation where you can't shift people and then have even more barriers - but trust me, the more and more I look at this (especially in comparison with the work I've just done with Oxford and how we're almost happy to be stepping into what they're emerging from) @Sherif H is bang on the money here.

We are ****ed
Totally get you Alex.

But it's all linked.

Anyone buying us is going to want either RH or FF.

AF interview:

She wants the council to grant the safety certificate even though RH hasn't passed (my interpretation).

She doesn't have much faith in Ron and is pretty ****ed off with him (again, my interpretation).

She doesn't want the club to die because it looks terrible for the city (and for the city's council / politicians) (my interpretation)

She will lobby central government (for what I don't know)

Lots of warm words about the fans, community asset etc. (nice touch)

Not overly confident in success over the next couple of weeks (but the club could still carry on even if we get kicked out- fantastic)

In theory we could build brand new Col U type 20m stadium at FF......But none of us want to embarrass ourselves and stoop that low.

Fact remains, a brand new main stand will be cheaper to build at FF than it would at RH if they are both the same. Any builder on the zone can tell us that.

I was editing my post with wish list as you re

We are ****ed
Whilst I am inclined to agree, I think the purpose of this discussion is more to allay any myths that people have subscribed to re. the RH v FF consideration.
Furthermore, it is providing some potentially useful information to the Trust in the event that they are able to reach out to the potential buyers and have these kind of honest and open discussions.
If the nature of the deal is structured such that RH is all that is on the table, then this is absolutely a relevant discussion (albeit with the aforementioned people, as opposed to on a forum).

In theory we could build brand new Col U type 20m stadium at FF......But none of us want to embarrass ourselves and stoop that low.

Fact remains, a brand new main stand will be cheaper to build at FF than it would at RH if they are both the same. Any builder on the zone can tell us that.
All I am saying is there is a credible option for subtle redevelopment works at RH, for a lot less than FF. If a buyer wanted to take this route instead. This would give us significantly increased revenue streams compared to now.

AF interview:

She wants the council to grant the safety certificate even though RH hasn't passed (my interpretation).

She doesn't have much faith in Ron and is pretty ****ed off with him (again, my interpretation).

She doesn't want the club to die because it looks terrible for the city (and for the city's council / politicians) (my interpretation)

She will lobby central government (for what I don't know)

Lots of warm words about the fans, community asset etc. (nice touch)

Not overly confident in success over the next couple of weeks (but the club could still carry on even if we get kicked out- fantastic)
Doesn’t sound to good. Shocking! Us fans being left in the dark YET AGAIN! RON I HOPE YOU GO TO PRISON FOR THIS!

Whilst I am inclined to agree, I think the purpose of this discussion is more to allay any myths that people have subscribed to re. the RH v FF consideration.
Furthermore, it is providing some potentially useful information to the Trust in the event that they are able to reach out to the potential buyers and have these kind of honest and open discussions.
If the nature of the deal is structured such that RH is all that is on the table, then this is absolutely a relevant discussion (albeit with the aforementioned people, as opposed to on a forum).
I’m sorry - after hearing the MP I’m more inclined to believe we are more ****ed than everyone is grasping right now.

No statement from Ron - another lie that needs holding account.

@Shrimperstrust whats the plan

I’m not sure Rishi and the Torries are going to give us any money to save the club

But only if we don’t move the stadium or playing area, there is/will be limitation on the height on the west and south stands which make the upgrade a temporary.

Changing the pitch orientation would be best if we would stay due to the housing but the cost of the ground works would basically mean building a new stadium.

Keep the small little ground as is keeps all the current pros and cons of staying at root hall

But you can't though - Col U was priced up 17 years ago, and they broke ground a year later in 2007. That was delivered for a slight reduction on the going rate of around £1500/seat. Even without knowing the going unit rate for a new-build stadium with the usual suite of functions, one can simply apply construction indices to present day to realise that you are looking at twice that cost now.

The only differential between a complete rebuild of a stand at Roots Hall and the equivalent new build at Fossetts Farm is demolition - the ground conditions and topography are both challenging, and the ground prep and foundation solution would almost certainly be almost identical. The difference is that you have to build another three stands at FF to create a stadium...

Anna said:

1. The club must be compliant with the NL. Because it needs a License to operate.

2. The players and staff need to be paid.

3. A buyer does need to be found. However, The club can carry on playing if 1 & 2 are satisfied.

So for anyone who has been working all day and not been following SZ waiting for any expected announcement and can't be bothered to read pages and pages my summary would be as follows:

Guy who is on the forum works in stadium design says we could do a refurb on RH in situ and it would cost a fraction of FF. This is supported by him being involved in Fratton Park doing something similar and including videos.

This has led to two camps:

Those excited that it could be a possibility fuelled by Ron saying the club and RH are up for sale and a rumour that Kimura could be tabling an offer of that type.

Those, who to my knowledge don't have any experience in stadium design, swearing blind it can't be done and FF would be cheaper.

Still no announcement and another day lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back