• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
What’s the biggest capacity you could realistically rebuild Roots Hall to?
Impossible to say with any confidence without creating some indicative design assessment, but I would suggest the real ceiling is probably what the planners will want to cap capacity at without considering major re-modelling of neighbouring road networks.
15,000 should be achievable, but that would involve a major increase in size on the East.

On another planet isnt he.

Waving at people honking. Going to pick up a ron out banner that flew away.

Away with the fairies.

Well done the people questioning him.
Are you going to move out the area? 🤣

I actually can't believe he waved to people honking, thinking he's popular! Omg ... he's so unbelievably delusional! 🤣

There are unsubstantiated rumours abound that it could be Nicky Gould not Regis as such, whether this plays out is anybodies guess.
I know nothing of either of these people/companies, are they people we would want potentially are are we looking at RM Mark 2?

To be honest we have never needed a bigger capacity than we have. We never really filled it even when in the Championship. Keep it similar maybe a little more just in case but a really heavy expansion is not overly needed!
Agreed. In this theoretical scenario where we are involved in some capacity, I'd look at bringing the South, North and West up to scratch first.

In my mind, this would involve the following:

Converting the South Lower to safe-standing making this area bearable from a sightline perspective / re-purposing a minimum of 2 x kiosks in the South Upper.

Re-profiling the West Stand and creating consistent and safe terracing areas to then install new seats / upgrade toilet facilities / refurbish 2 x bars / potentially add a canopy to the rear of the West concourse creating covered areas for drinkers/smokers etc...

Re-jig access/egress arrangements to enable the NW corner to be brought back in to home fan use.

Re-profile the North Stand and convert to safe-standing to ensure no issues with the SGSA (who are clamping down hard on persistent standing, particularly in away areas).

Then, and only then, look at the East Stand redevelopment.

You'll appreciate there is far more to each phase (e.g. making safe roofing / treatment and re-painting of structural steel / upgraded lighting / upgraded drainage / new wheelchair accessible areas etc...), but this offers a flavour of the inner workings of my mind!

Re. timeframe and impact on capacity, the nature of this work means it can be programmed to get the bulk of it done within the closed season, with any other works taking place mid-season phased to occur in small blocks of say, 500 seats at a time.

Even worse they could consider partnership with the Rat, they're property developers by trade...
Not quite, Nicky works mostly in the USA with Blackstone, For sure it is about property but Regis is his childrens thing now, Nicky has far to much money to count and would see SUFC as a play thing much like The Roslin. I am sure he would love to be some kind of saviour and he does love a challenge, is he any better than RM is debatable but RM isn't even in the same league as him.

Agreed. In this theoretical scenario where we are involved in some capacity, I'd look at bringing the South, North and West up to scratch first.

Converting the South Lower to safe-standing making this area bearable from a sightline perspective / re-purposing a minimum of 2 x kiosks in the South Upper.

Re-profiling the West Stand and creating consistent and safe terracing areas to then install new seats / upgrade toilet facilities / refurbish 2 x bars / potentially add a canopy to the rear of the West concourse creating covered areas for drinkers/smokers etc...

Re-jig access/egress arrangements to enable the NW corner to be brought back in to home fan use.

Re-profile the North Stand and convert to safe-standing to ensure no issues with the SGSA (who are clamping down hard on persistent standing, particularly in away areas).

You'll appreciate there is far more to each phase (e.g. making safe roofing / treatment and re-painting of structural steel / upgraded lighting / upgraded drainage / new wheelchair accessible areas etc...), but this offers a flavour of the inner workings of my mind!

Re. timeframe and impact on capacity, the nature of this work means it can be programmed to get the bulk of it done within the closed season, with any other works taking place mid-season phased to occur in small blocks of say, 500 seats at a time.
If Kimura aren't sliding into your DM's what more does a man have to do.

May I refer readers (viewers?) to the sale of SUFC: a chronology by Yorkshire Blue, posted in May and still up on the Zone:
March 17 - RM announced club up for sale
April 20 - an Investment Memorandum signed with interested parties.
May 24 - the Athletic break the news that Kimura are front runners.
June 1 - Matt Slater of Athletic: Ron accepts Kimura offer subject to contract.
There then followed weeks of optimistic speculation. Kimura have ambitious plans leading to a promotion asap. Plans that will thrill Blues fans. Possibly involvement of Ray Winstone. Possible involvement of Dwayne Johnson. Spud on the board. Repeated statements that the deal is “95 pct done”.

What the hell has happened?
Was all this correct at the time?
Did someone change their minds?
Was it all just wrong?
Does anyone have the answers?

What a bitter, bitter disappointment.

If I rightly recall, when Sainsburys were going to be taking the place over, werent they planning on building the store on the current car park and then redeveloping the existing ground once we have moved?

And arent all the old shops and other old buildings on the site due to be demolished eventually as well?

It makes far more sense to me to build a bigger stadium on the current site, as there is plenty of public transport and there is enough space to build facilities in around it, Realistically, we will not fill a 20K stadium all the time, and it could be built in a way that will allow additional capabity to be added later if necessary. And Roots Hall is already in a dip, so no reason why that couldnt be dug out further towards the east stand turnstiles and car park if there are height restrictions that need to be adhered to.

Yes, it would need PP and it may mean either groundsharing for a few months or having reduced capacity for a while, but it could be feasible, and it would mean that there is control of our destiny. And in fact, it could be the catalyst for the regeneration that this part of Southend is crying out for!

Not quite, Nicky works mostly in the USA with Blackstone, For sure it is about property but Regis is his childrens thing now, Nicky has far to much money to count and would see SUFC as a play thing much like The Roslin. I am sure he would love to be some kind of saviour and he does love a challenge, is he any better than RM is debatable but RM isn't even in the same league as him.
Beggars can't be choosers if the Great Helmsman ©greyerfox is to leave the bridge.

Beautiful. Could works include making it so the North Bank is for home fans and NW corner for away fans? Away fans enter via Fairfax Drive and home via the car park?

The Gould Brothers ( if it is them and the story is true) have serious wealth, mainly from property including a huge US portfolio which they made from the 2008 crash.

Nicky is a big football fan (Chelsea not Southend), a local boy and own the freeholds to many properties across the UK with Thorpe Bay being their flagship.

The also own the Roslin hotel/restaurant, have a reputation for being absolutely ruthless but absolutely successful businessmen, something that our current clown could learn from.

If, and its a BIG BIG BIG if they are interested then we will be in safe hands financially with local businessmen who know what they are doing.

The first down side if that they are property developers and quite rightly we are hugely spectacle of this type more more importantly the rat will still be involved.

Its a tough tough one, a bit like seeing your mother in law drive off a cliff in your brand new Ferrari which has no insurance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back