• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
At the absolute lowest level, you take
Yep. Chatham Town, 10 minute walk from me. Have an absolutely brilliant sports bar which makes them a really decent whack and is open all week.

Isthmian Prem and showing us how it's done. In fact, the sports bar was built when they were still in Southern Counties East. Step 5.
I've (very crudely) highlighted the area taken up by a 20m x 20m marquee structure on the car park in yellow. This would provide a surge bar for, let's say, 200 people at a time.
These structures can be left in situ with little to no maintenance for a significant proportion of time, and are almost infinitely customisable in terms of fit and finish / external appearance etc...

The current spend per head at Roots Hall must be appalling - bringing something like this in for a season to test the appetite for pre-match attendance and net spend would be very prudent.RH tent.png

I really hope with the 2 offers on the table, Ron Martin does the right thing for the football club and does not just accept the one to suit him sitting in the background.

Ron, if you're reading this or someone show's it to you (Sod it, I am going to e-mail you it to).

I know the other party your negotiating with are heavily linked in Southend with businesses across the City. I know they're property developers (albeit it on a much bigger scale than you) among many other things, but please understand, them investing and cash flowing the club until the new stadium with yourself in the background is NOT want any of the fans want. We know you want your pot at the end of the rainbow which is firmly in FF, but Ron mate, no one wants you here any more.

We want a fresh start, with fresh ideas from people with the capabilities of taking the club forward.

If you're going to sell the club outright to the above mentioned people then so be it, but please don't do it in a way that keeps you involved in the club or it's future!
I would say I’d be surprised if Martin was delusional enough to think we’ll except him staying involved at all… but it’s Ron

I really hope with the 2 offers on the table, Ron Martin does the right thing for the football club and does not just accept the one to suit him sitting in the background.

Ron, if you're reading this or someone show's it to you (Sod it, I am going to e-mail you it to).

I know the other party your negotiating with are heavily linked in Southend with businesses across the City. I know they're property developers (albeit it on a much bigger scale than you) among many other things, but please understand, them investing and cash flowing the club until the new stadium with yourself in the background is NOT want any of the fans want. We know you want your pot at the end of the rainbow which is firmly in FF, but Ron mate, no one wants you here any more.

We want a fresh start, with fresh ideas from people with the capabilities of taking the club forward.

If you're going to sell the club outright to the above mentioned people then so be it, but please don't do it in a way that keeps you involved in the club or it's future!
And whatever you do… get the hell on with it

Of course I am a long term fan who saw literally hundreds of games there, my grandfather and my dad were there before me and my 4 younger brothers and sisters went too. It will always be our real home to me and many others, yes it was a s**t hole bit it was our s**t hole and we loved it dearly and still do.
(Deviation!) As a nervous ten year old on the 17th of November 1956, I boarded the 'football excursion' train to Colchester from Southend Victoria for my fist away trip, proudly wearing a blue and white rosette with a Cup attatched. IIRRC I was in a stand behind the goal, my feet on wooden planks that moved, and they vibrated quite a lot that day as we won 4-1. That led us on to a Third Round victory against Second Division Liverpool and defeat against First Division Birmingham, in the Fourth Round. Oh for those days when we got past the First Round!

(Deviation!) As a nervous ten year old on the 17th of November 1956, I boarded the 'football excursion' train to Colchester from Southend Victoria for my fist away trip, proudly wearing a blue and white rosette with a Cup attatched. IIRRC I was in a stand behind the goal, my feet on wooden planks that moved, and they vibrated quite a lot that day as we won 4-1. That led us on to a Third Round victory against Second Division Liverpool and defeat against First Division Birmingham, in the Fourth Round. Oh for those days when we got past the First Round!
Great memories for you yogi, yes the wooden terrace boards were in the stand behind the Layer Road end goal, they were put in place by POW during ww11

• Wow
Reactions: TJC
I can’t see us even starting the season Ron has played everyone over this sale and another statement today will send people even more over the edge as I said before my shrimpers family DM always open for a chat big shoutout to you all

At the absolute lowest level, you take

I've (very crudely) highlighted the area taken up by a 20m x 20m marquee structure on the car park in yellow. This would provide a surge bar for, let's say, 200 people at a time.
These structures can be left in situ with little to no maintenance for a significant proportion of time, and are almost infinitely customisable in terms of fit and finish / external appearance etc...

The current spend per head at Roots Hall must be appalling - bringing something like this in for a season to test the appetite for pre-match attendance and net spend would be very prudent.View attachment 27418

Did you photoshop a Shredded Wheat onto where the pitch should be?

Which is exactly why the Portsmouth model works, because it is predominantly revamping the existing structures without any significant change in scale.
The East Stand (which would be the one you want to rebuild) would be the one which requires a bit more time and effort to design and plan, but that doesn't have to be undertaken in Year One.
What’s the biggest capacity you could realistically rebuild Roots Hall to?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back