• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly would love a redeveloped Roots Hall. If He-who-shall-not-be-named is serious about selling RH to the new owner it really gives me hope a deal can be done as it gives any prospective owner something tangible other than a club badge and a mountain of debt.

I really hope with the 2 offers on the table, Ron Martin does the right thing for the football club and does not just accept the one to suit him sitting in the background.

Ron, if you're reading this or someone show's it to you (Sod it, I am going to e-mail you it to).

I know the other party your negotiating with are heavily linked in Southend with businesses across the City. I know they're property developers (albeit it on a much bigger scale than you) among many other things, but please understand, them investing and cash flowing the club until the new stadium with yourself in the background is NOT want any of the fans want. We know you want your pot at the end of the rainbow which is firmly in FF, but Ron mate, no one wants you here any more.

We want a fresh start, with fresh ideas from people with the capabilities of taking the club forward.

If you're going to sell the club outright to the above mentioned people then so be it, but please don't do it in a way that keeps you involved in the club or it's future!

Does Roots Hall have planning constraints on hosting non-football events at all?
There is one major (although not a planning) constraint. Imagine going to any kind of event and being faced with the Roots Hall fungus when you want a wee. It probably makes the toilets at Glastonbury on the last day look civilised.

Honestly would love a redeveloped Roots Hall. If He-who-shall-not-be-named is serious about selling RH to the new owner it really gives me hope a deal can be done as it gives any prospective owner something tangible other than a club badge and a mountain of debt.
It would cost an awful lot more to redevelop roots hall. I don’t think it is viable even for those with deep pockets.

Yep. Chatham Town, 10 minute walk from me. Have an absolutely brilliant sports bar which makes them a really decent whack and is open all week.

Isthmian Prem and showing us how it's done. In fact, the sports bar was built when they were still in Southern Counties East. Step 5.
Very very sad to say that if the absolute worst happens, I will support The Chats who got promoted to 2 levels below us. I would also try to support a Southend Phoenix club financially or other ways but not travel that far to watch much in the Essex Senior league

Great efforts by yourself by the way, very much appreciated !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back