• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Any potential move to a new Fossetts Farm Stadium would result in serious limitations to the clubs sustainability.

The approved new planning permission for Fossetts Farm Stadium limits its use to a maximum of 40 football matches per annum, plus a limit of only 3 per annum major events exceeding 1,000 spectators.

How does that make it sustainable?

View attachment 27416
Unlimited number of events for less than 1000 attendees does leave a lot scope!! Generally football clubs are staging very few major non-football events with over 1,000 attendees? Where is an example of a football ground that is relying on those 1000+ non football events?

Just to try and lift some sprits... The lads where training the morning and boots and laces
Let’s go!!! I’m hoping that maybe if the medical team HAS been paid, then they’ve been doing like 5 a side behind closed doors matches with the youth team just to keep their fitness levels and stuff up

Funding for what?? Is rather the critical point. I can have funding available for a Porsche Boxster but it still won't help me leave the showroom with a 911...
Just as well they are like trying to get in and out of a Bean can.

I am 100% sure some area of the carpark could be turned into something similar if it could not be done in the ground immediately
Never understood why we have never partnered with local firms to provide ‘pop ups’ in the RH carpark, by way of a match day ‘experience’ - in Southend area alone we have local breweries (Leigh on Sea, and George’s in Wakering), then there’s Rossi Ice cream, and many independent eateries (Pasta Pia, loads of Pizzerias, burger joints etc) and local independent retailers who could benefit from a captured audience of several thousand.

We have long since been commercially inept. I was told along time ago that we don’t ever push for SUFC shirts to be sold in local sport’s retail shops, but you’ll see all the London kits in the high street.

Funding for what?? Is rather the critical point. I can have funding available for a Porsche Boxster but it still won't help me leave the showroom with a 911...
Don't know the details but was in response to CRATE I think suggesting they needed more funders. I took it as an indication that funding isn't the issue for whatever they have put on the table.

Everyone’s been chatting away and it’s all been rather a nice way of passing the time but wait a minute……. wasn’t there supposed to have been a statement this morning?

Genuine question amongst all of this stadium/re-development talk.

If there is no housing element and you fully remove FF, who is paying for all of this?
You could include some housing where the shop and derelict building is and move the shop into the stand

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back