• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
KIMURA don’t need to buy the new ground.

RM will sell it for 40% of the build costs, on a FORWARD PLANNING PURCHASE.

Which makes absolute sense to anyone buying the club!
If it made sense, then the deal would have been done by now mate.

The risk comes from Ron Martin sticking rigidly to his own plans, which Kimura likely don't think would allow them to fully maximise the facility's potential for the club or for themselves.

That's before you even get into all sorts of planning issues surrounding Fossetts which make me seriously question how viable it is, and whether it will ever be able to happen under the current plans.

So I’m intrigued, Jack, RM says that there is 2 other parties in the frame to buy the club, another poster on here says Kimura WILL NOT be the owners of the club no matter what, and yourself and may a couple of others have said Kimura are the only party in the frame to buy the club, which is it?

The issue i see with this is he isn't selling the land the stadium is on, so the club would then have a rent liability. How much would the rent be?

I know he said Roots Hall free for 3 years or 50% if we went back into the league but FF would be different I would think

So I’m intrigued, Jack, RM says that there is 2 other parties in the frame to buy the club, another poster on here says Kimura WILL NOT be the owners of the club no matter what, and yourself and may a couple of others have said Kimura are the only party in the frame to buy the club, which is it?
Also people saying Kimura need additional financing sources as cant afford everything. It has all got very confusing

Reactions: JAL
It is doable. Just by not having the debts that have been run up under Ron, immediately saves us huge amounts of money and eases cashflow.

Bring in people that know how to run a business, stop the haemorrhaging of cash, re-develop and modernise RH to include better corporate/entertainment facilities in the East and public concessions inside/outside than we have now (Sports Bar open all week etc) and with our attendances, we have a club that can definitely reduce that £100k a month shortfall.

Will it be as modern and profitable as a new build at FF? Probably not, but it's a hell of a lot better than we have now. Will it cost millions? Yes, but a lot less millions than FF that is for sure.
Accrington proving what can be done in terms of drawing in punters before and after matches. Worth noting the pub around the corner used to do a £1.25 pint a decade ago so that's some stiff competition to beat!

1689591963749.png

Accrington proving what can be done in terms of drawing in punters before and after matches. Worth noting the pub around the corner used to do a £1.25 pint a decade ago so that's some stiff competition to beat!

View attachment 27414
Well exactly my point. Even Bromley have developed a nice sports bar and restaurant that's open during the week. There is plenty of scope for such at RH and it would be busy I am sure.

View attachment 27414
I am 100% sure some area of the carpark could be turned into something similar if it could not be done in the ground immediately

Wouldn't the alleged presence of asbestos hinder the demolition of our stands?
First off, asbestos presence doesn't preclude demolition as an option - you simply need to make the asbestos safe and remove and dispose of it it in a risk assessed and approved manner.

Secondly, I'm not advocating for demolition of anything - Portsmouth's model is contingent on assessing the ground conditions beneath each stand, and then reprofiling over the existing substrate to create a modernised terrace which can then be re-seated/fitted with safe-standing etc...

Well exactly my point. Even Bromley have developed a nice sports bar and restaurant that's open during the week. There is plenty of scope for such at RH and it would be busy I am sure.
Yep. Chatham Town, 10 minute walk from me. Have an absolutely brilliant sports bar which makes them a really decent whack and is open all week.

Isthmian Prem and showing us how it's done. In fact, the sports bar was built when they were still in Southern Counties East. Step 5.

You just need to look at what Leyton Orient have done with Brisbane Road - a ground not a million miles away in location (amoungst houses), size & facilities to that of RH. They have done a great job of making that a modern purposeful stadium (which includes flats). It may well be a bit smaller (about 9k i think) but shows what the right sort of investment can do.

IF we are hitting another economic downturn, with rising rates, higher unemployment, increased building costs - then a redevelopment of RH makes more sense..

First off, asbestos presence doesn't preclude demolition as an option - you simply need to make the asbestos safe and remove and dispose of it it in a risk assessed and approved manner.

Secondly, I'm not advocating for demolition of anything - Portsmouth's model is contingent on assessing the ground conditions beneath each stand, and then reprofiling over the existing substrate to create a modernised terrace which can then be re-seated/fitted with safe-standing etc...
A safe-standing North Bank for home fans. Sold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back