• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Redeveloping RH could cost less than paying a premium for a ground that may never make it to construction. I know what I'd choose in this scenario. One stadium exists, the other doesn't.

If new owners were to own the Roots Hall site, they would have lots of freedom to pick and choose what facilities they add to the stadium.

Not to mention, it would probably take a similar amount of time to spruce RH up as it would to have an entire new stadium built.

As for the additional revenues, they will not be forthcoming in the next few years or so anyway so likely makes no difference to any buying party. They know they're inheriting a loss making venture and need to turn it around to add value to the club.

They know the club will be running at a loss until it is made sustainable by whatever means, whether that be a new ground, making our current ground better, or simply being rid of Ron's incompetence that costs us dearly.
If we stay at RH where will the players train? Doesn't RM own the land where B&L is and the new training pitches?

I agree with this, the only thing is we wouldnt be able to increase capacity I guess. I only say that due to the surroundings and invading natural light into properties etc. If we could expand then it could meet our needs if we were to move up the leagues and would also help to be more sustainable obviously
Capacity could be increased I reckon, not massively. But with careful planning I believe we could get up to around 15-16,000 capacity. Which is what Ron is proposing at FF. That would do us to Championship level.

If we stay at RH where will the players train? Doesn't RM own the land where B&L is and the new training pitches?
There's been hardly any mention of this aspect of any deal. As the new training ground is already sorted, perhaps the club could acquire it or at the very least lease it?

There's been hardly any mention of this aspect of any deal. As the new training ground is already sorted, perhaps the club could acquire it or at the very least lease it?
Rm wont need a training ground. He said it cost him 2 mill. Maybe 2.5 mill will buy it.

I agree with this, the only thing is we wouldnt be able to increase capacity I guess. I only say that due to the surroundings and invading natural light into properties etc. If we could expand then it could meet our needs if we were to move up the leagues and would also help to be more sustainable obviously
I go in the west stand. My spend on match days apart from the ticket is zero. Partly because I have an aversion to shoddy burgers and watered down coffee. I don't drink during the day as I'd fall asleep, probably during the match. Being a terrace unless we dig down and rebuild totally providing space for bars etc we're lumbered with rooms tacked onto the existing structure for small bars and toilets. Even with a tarted up west stand my net spend will contine to be zero. With a new owner i'd happily donate a tenner per match to club funds in lieu of a burger.

The main problem with redeveloping Roots Hall is you would need to start the planning permission all over again. We are currently limited to how high the South stand can go so we would probable need to rotate the pitch and that would mean a ground share for a few years and if you wanted to hold concerts/conventions when completed where will people park?

The main problem with redeveloping Roots Hall is you would need to start the planning permission all over again. We are currently limited to how high the South stand can go so we would probable need to rotate the pitch and that would mean a ground share for a few years and if you wanted to hold concerts/conventions when completed where will people park?
Ah but our politicians have staked their reputation on doing anything to help the club now 😙.

As for parking. There must be somewhere people can do a park n ride scheme?

Indeed buying RH with the agreement to sell back if the new stadium is built has always been what I would want as a buyer. That way I’m not buying the club and a promise but the club and a valuable asset (I have a good degree of protection). And it’s a simpler transaction. In fact in the video Ron was suggesting delayed payment on RH as well. We need to hear from Kimura.
This must be the simpler deal, AF was referring to. It immediately deals with the Bury situation, the new owner also owns the ground. If FF isn’t delivered, the club continues with a home.

If it is, then the club get a new home and RM gets to knock Roots Hall and deliver the housing.

A new planning application on FF is too expensive, too risky and will take too long to be classed as a simpler solution.

Realistically, you probably wouldn't re-develop the South stand. Make it better, for sure.

The East stand would be the one that would see the biggest transformation.

The video above on the Pompey re-development, shows what can be done and with a reasonable budget.

Capacity could be increased I reckon, not massively. But with careful planning I believe we could get up to around 15-16,000 capacity. Which is what Ron is proposing at FF. That would do us to Championship level.
Volume wise i agree, just do not think we can get bigger stands on the west and south due to backing on to residential properties.

I would assume a new South Stand would be along the disused land next to the Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back