• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Will the NL publish the timescale and requirements needed for us to compete this season?

Surely, as fans we should be made aware?

All seems to be so hush, hush, smoke and mirrors with Martin.

Make it public for all to see!!?

Tricky one, if they make it public then they have to stick by it. At least with it being private it could be negotiable or extendable if we don't meet every requirement fully.

Don't worry Tangled you will still have Fulham, Barcelona or that local Spanish team you have mentioned.......Some of us only have SUFC.
As I presume you know well I'm a SUFC suporter first,last and always.If I watch Espanyol that's because I need a regular fix of live fooball,if I subscribe to Fulham's monthly highlights sevice that because I like to see what the big boys are up to occasionally.

FWIW,i'm resigned to the NL docking us points at some time this week or next.My real fear is that we'll get kicked oout of the NL and SUFC will die.Unlike you I shed no crocodile tears for the Chairman.He's had plenty of chances to sell up and make money in the last 20 years or so.Unless he sells up PDQ what I fear will happen. :Cry:

Last edited:
If I was a Southend fan redeveloping Roots Hall would be my choice, it has been your true home for so long like Layer Road is to me, for many it is the place your family have been going to for generations. The memories, the great victories, the heavy defeats, you/your kids 1st game there, maybe even where a loved ones ashes were scattered it all gets wiped out with a new stadium. Yes a new ground is great in some ways, but it is a long time before it ever really feels like home.
Not in my view. I can't wait for the club to move.

Is there actually any positive news? Anyone got in touch with Kimura? would be nice to give the fans a statement. What I can’t work out right is why Simon Jackson put up on his Instagram page a Southend United badge with the word “Wallop”? If you know you’ve agreed a deal and everything is all good to go ect then put it. Literally put it up 4/5 weeks ago and nothing has changed so why put it up? Confuses me to be honest. I don’t want this club to die neither of us do Kimura!

I personally think we need to get the Phoenix club up and running. You think what about what Wimbledon done ect we need to do the same…

Staying at a rebuilt Roots Hall would be amazing but why would Kimura do that?

because no-one in their right mind would want to spend 10 pence on a speculative housing development scheme ..

the idea is buy and run a football club not to give RM loads of money for a set of drawings and a speculative housing scheme ..

I suppose this is directed to Cricko. It's a question no one wants to ask, so I suppose I'll ask It. Whilst I'm sure, like all of us, John has, at least, 95% of his concentration on our slow and painfully developing situation, some thought has to be given to the unthinkable. If the worst comes to the worst, what happens to SZ?

Reactions: TJC
Unless I've been brain washed by Martins rhetoric for the last 20 years, surely moving is the ONLY answer.

If its true, that we making no revenue from RH, then whats the point in staying. Will cost millions to redevlop, if its even possible with houses/flats so close. Will be a logistical nightmare.

Then what IF its developed. I guess the hope is to put a nice suite on the East Stand or something for conferences etc, but its never going to host concerts etc (again, due to proximity of housing).

Is the hope from a poential buyer that they magically turn our fortunes around on the pitch and we eventually become a top Lg1 or Champ club and hence make more money from match day revenue etc, but that also brings increased costs of wages etc.

I've been saying this for ages, but I'm really concerned all people care about is "GET RID OF MARTIN" with no view on whats down the line. Yes, its massively important we survive, YES, getting rid of Ron has to happen 100000% - but then what? What are the intentions going forward of new owners and god forbid, do we find ourself in the same situation in a couple of years.

Its happened with lots of clubs - begged for new owners, only for it to turn sour with them very quickly.

Tricky one, if they make it public then they have to stick by it. At least with it being private it could be negotiable or extendable if we don't meet every requirement fully.
The trouble with that is that their is no pressure on Martin?
I think they need to put some pressure on him, he gets away with it, time after time!?

I suppose this is directed to Cricko. It's a question no one wants to ask, so I suppose I'll ask It. Whilst I'm sure, like all of us, John has, at least, 95% of his concentration on our slow and painfully developing situation, some thought has to be given to the unthinkable. If the worst comes to the worst, what happens to SZ?
I think we will be needed more than ever if the worst happens.. We are not going anywhere.

The redevelopment of Roots Hall would be cheaper than delivering FF. It is all a question of expectations. If you apply the soft touch Portsmouth model, then it is light years away from the cost of a new build.
If the expectation is that you demolish every stand and build from scratch, then yes, that will be prohibitively expensive, but that isn't required.
The maths is complicated though by the fact that Kimura would be paying the full cost of a new stadium build- so to them the measure is against the £15m not the £38m.
I might be wrong but I think the idea re selling RH is a short term step to owning the new stadium. But in the knowledge that if that doesn't happen the have RH with the possibility of developing that.

One potential fly in the ointment is there are charges on RH to be settled?

Good question. I guess it would continue for a while we all digest what has happened and discuss, but would it then become the forum for a potential phoenix club? Guess it depends on if people keep donating to the running costs or not?

Will the NL publish the timescale and requirements needed for us to compete this season?

Surely, as fans we should be made aware?

All seems to be so hush, hush, smoke and mirrors with Martin.

Make it public for all to see!!?
I don't think the league make things like that public, I'm pretty sure the same goes for embargos. There is little benefit to anybody in doing so really.

Doesn't Anna Firth clearly state that to begin the season the NL require us to have settled all football debts? Couldn't be clearer.
It says we need to provide a list of football creditors, not necessarily pay them

pay players, pay staff, get a safety certificate is mentioned though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back