• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is how I look at it as well.

If anything there's probably a larger blueprint at FF if he re-jigs the designs for housing only. Not only that, it saves Ron £35m+ by not having to build a stadium. Would the council back it, would they even perhaps help with a re-development fund for RH?

All that taken into account should then give Ron the ability (If he had the clubs best interests at heart) to either gift the RH site, or include in a sale for a very very low price. It's a deal that would be doing him a massive massive favour!

The new owner then has an asset they can re-develop for significantly less than what it would have cost to purchase FF.

Is this the "simpler deal" Anna Firth is referring to?
That would test the whole "southend united is a jewel in our crown" rhetoric being spat out by the politicians. Who somehow have injected themselves into the sale of a football club.

What are you basing that valuation on?
Also, what is your basis for assuming that Fratton Park's land value is significantly less than that of RH - bear in mind Portsomouth is the most densely populated urban area in the Country, and there are few if any useful sites available for anything on the Island.
Exactly why I was keen for Sherif to contribute on this. So much amateur guess work with little genuine knowledge (and I include myself in this).

If anything there's probably a larger blueprint at FF if he re-jigs the designs for housing only. Not only that, it saves Ron £30m+ by not having to build a stadium. Would the council back it?

All that taken into account should then give Ron the ability (If he had the clubs best interests at heart) to either gift the RH site, or include in a sale for a very low price. It's doing him a massive favour!

The new owner then has an asset they can re-develop for significantly less than what it would have cost to purchase FF.

All of that would take time to explore and then set up and that’s something that SUFC doesn’t have.

There is an application for reserved matters lodged with the council that is on going those plans involve increasing the number of units on the FF site and even those are a way from being settled.

People understandably are focusing on the two sites but that is for another day the pressing issues are the NL requirements, the safety certificate and of course settling of the WUO

If anything there's probably a larger blueprint at FF if he re-jigs the designs for housing only. Not only that, it saves Ron £35m+ by not having to build a stadium. Would the council back it, would they even perhaps help with a re-development fund for RH?

All that taken into account should then give Ron the ability (If he had the clubs best interests at heart) to either gift the RH site, or include in a sale for a very very low price. It's a deal that would be doing him a massive massive favour!

I think either this or the idea that you own first RH (surety) and then only agree to sell back once new stadium is ready. If you can pay for RH in stages payments or in two/three years time even better.
You would just agree the stadium build along with the buyback price and stadium price now.

All of that would take time to explore and then set up and that’s something that SUFC doesn’t have.

There is an application for reserved matters lodged with the council that is on going those plans involve increasing the number of units on the FF site and even those are a way from being settled.

People understandably are focusing on the two sites but that is for another day the pressing issues are the NL requirements, the safety certificate and of course settling of the WUO
Totally agree. But from what I have heard, one of those requirements from The NL will include the club being sold, or clear evidence to suggest it is very close. Inclusive of financial proof we can start/complete the season. That isn't happening with Ron in charge.

The area of RH that would be housing is going to be broadly similar to the footprint at FF that would be freed up if the stadium wasn’t built there. So potentially same amount of housing as before overall. Planning allowing?

When Ron says no one wants FF then he may be right if he demanding £15m for a field without clear PP for what they want.

Equally Ron will want top dollar or RH. Then there would be the huge extra cost of a rebuild instead of a new build at FF. Less income revenue long term whch is what Kimura have hinted interests them.

Plus you would still need a training ground. Is that extra?

Like I say unless they release more details we can only guess. I can't see why we can at least know what is for sale even if we don't know all the financial details.

The area of RH that would be housing is going to be broadly similar to the footprint at FF that would be freed up if the stadium wasn’t built there. So potentially same amount of housing as before overall. Planning allowing?
Move to Southend, then you're welcome.

On reflection what a S**T show this is

This process has been taking place since March and we are back at the square root of one.

The statement reeks of desperation

Has anyone got any contact or can make contact with this agency that was supposed to be finding a buyer and ask them if they are prepared to comment on how they have become dislodged from the process. I’m guessing we know the answer but surely we can add it to the piling evidence that Ron has misled the public.

hindsight is easy but we should have not trusted the rat from when he started this process

Why are you on SZ if you're from Colly?

Been on here 19 years now! I came on here originally as a joke hence my user name, it was meant to be a wind up after a dare from my Southend supporting brother in law. However it worked out well, our two clubs have a lot in common, I expect a bit of grief from time to time but over all I have been welcomed and enjoy the banter. We are local rivals on the pitch but we are all from Essex after all, I just wish you could get back into the league, the clubs fans all enjoy the competitive edge that offers when we are trying to outdo one another.

Totally agree. But from what I have heard, one of those requirements from The NL will include the club being sold, or clear evidence to suggest it is very close. Inclusive of financial proof we can start/complete the season. That isn't happening with Ron in charge.
Indeed. If he's stopped funding the club, and he's still in charge, we can't prove that.

Been on here 19 years now! I came on here originally as a joke hence my user name, it was meant to be a wind up after a dare from my Southend supporting brother in law. However it worked out well, our two clubs have a lot in common, I expect a bit of grief from time to time but over all I have been welcomed and enjoy the banter. We are local rivals on the pitch but we are all from Essex after all, I just wish you could get back into the league, the clubs fans all enjoy the competitive edge that offers when we are trying to outdo one another.
Fair enough, Colly Boy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back