• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ll say it again, Kimura will NOT be the new owners of SUFC, neither will PG Site Services, as some have alluded to on here.

Whatever comes out of Ron’s mouth, please just ignore, it’s a lie.

As I have said previously, Ron has been playing Kumura for fools, he never had the slightest intention from the start of selling any part of the club to them, they have just been used unfortunately.

The only person that has caused all of the delays in the sale of SUFC is Ron Martin and no one else.
Is it implicit in your assertion that there will in fact be no new owner and that the Great Helmsman will stand by and allow our membership of the NL to lapse, allowing him to concentrate on property development?

@CRATE what I find weird though is why lay new grass down? Why get a new training ground? There’s so many questions out there. There must be someone like Kimura that if they get extra funding surely they would be able to put all of this to bed and the deal should be agreed?

@CRATE what I find weird though is why lay new grass down? Why get a new training ground? There’s so many questions out there. There must be someone like Kimura that if they get extra funding surely they would be able to put all of this to bed and the deal should be agreed?
Because you have to plan for the best case scenario right? No one plans for doom and gloom!

Are you taking into account that with PP for 500 houses the RH site is now worth £30m+. Far more than the value of Fratton park as a site.

How many owners of clubs anywhere near our size would spend that amount on land for their project?
The area of RH that would be housing is going to be broadly similar to the footprint at FF that would be freed up if the stadium wasn’t built there. So potentially same amount of housing as before overall. Planning allowing?

Are his assets diminishing though ?
No football club means Potential for housing on both sites , without the need to lash out for a stadium first , sure he doesn't get his "loans" back but that was never on the cards really. I imagine the Man is miffed at the "lack of respect" he has had for his 25 year tenure as well, as the delays to his dream and the cost to himself underpinning a money losing venture for so long , and has reached the point where he has just gone Stuff it, lets make as much money as I can ASAP . And that does not involve paying more money for a stadium or hanging around for a two phased development .

Being booted down a few divisions and not needing anything like a stadium fit for league 1 is also a viable cheap alternative . Something like Billericay would not need to be that costly , or god forbid , playing at Garons in a "Chelmsford Style" may be even cheaper ,
Whilst I agree that the loans are never going to ever be repaid that in effect is what he has paid for the RH site.

Where I don’t agree is when you say that the stadium doesn’t need to be built and is not the case as I see it for any developer ( and I don’t mean facilitator) would have to factor the cost of a new stadium because provision of one at FF is a requirement as per the planning and unless I have got the numbers massively wrong FF I itself won’t generate enough in itself

I don’t see how RM can build on FF without the new stadium. FF is green belt and the new football stadium was the enabler to get around the green belt land being lost for housing. It would also require a new planning application which will cost minimum £200,000 and take 12-18 months as every single drawing and report would need to be updated or started again.

If he is willing to sell RH, I would be willing to bet £1 that he has the right to buy it back for the same price he sells it for, when he has delivered the new stadium.

RM is many things but he is not naive and he wouldn’t give his golden goose away that he was worked for 20 years on.
Indeed buying RH with the agreement to sell back if the new stadium is built has always been what I would want as a buyer. That way I’m not buying the club and a promise but the club and a valuable asset (I have a good degree of protection). And it’s a simpler transaction. In fact in the video Ron was suggesting delayed payment on RH as well. We need to hear from Kimura.

Last edited:
I finally caught up over the weekend

Southend Divided Football Club doesn't have the same ring if you ask me.

Ron wants us to be at each other's throats and to start throwing blame toward heroic people such as Stan Collymore for example.

Ron wants us to find someone else to blame as it makes his claims of "It's not me, I want to sell" look believable.

We really need to stay united in what we want.

We want Martin out.

NOT Stan

NOT Tom Lawrence

Not Chris Phillips

NOT some fan that you didn't agree with one time.

We want Ron Martin out.

Unfortunately the longer this goes on the more of a realistic outcome that could be, so yes, I wouldn’t necessarily disagree with you there.
Perhaps your buyer can contact the NP as she seems to have acquired the job Ron gave to the agency before he was a **** and wanted to do the negotiating himself

The area of RH that would be housing is going to be broadly similar to the footprint at FF that would be freed up if the stadium wasn’t built there. So potentially same amount of housing as before overall. Planning allowing?
This is how I look at it as well.

If anything there's probably a larger blueprint at FF if he re-jigs the designs for housing only. Not only that, it saves Ron £40m+ by not having to build a stadium. Would the council back it, would they even perhaps help with a re-development fund for RH?

All that taken into account should then give Ron the ability (If he had the clubs best interests at heart) to either gift the RH site, or include in a sale for a very very low price. It's a deal that would be doing him a massive massive favour! It would also allow the new owner to crack on and not have to get involved with Ron in the development of a new stadium. Which I am sure we all agree would be a nightmare and probably end in disaster.

The new owner then has an asset they can re-develop for significantly less than what it would have cost to purchase FF.

Is this the "simpler deal" Anna Firth is referring to?

Are you taking into account that with PP for 500 houses the RH site is now worth £30m+. Far more than the value of Fratton park as a site.

How many owners of clubs anywhere near our size would spend that amount on land for their project?
What are you basing that valuation on?
Also, what is your basis for assuming that Fratton Park's land value is significantly less than that of RH - bear in mind Portsomouth is the most densely populated urban area in the Country, and there are few if any useful sites available for anything on the Island.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back