• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure you are right.

Understandably you are looking at it from a football club perspective but let’s just suppose he doesn’t sell the club or should I say his 70% of the shares.

FF almost certainly will at some point be developed maybe with the stadium but as was made clear yesterday the planning for FF doesn’t require the Tennant of the stadium to be SUFC.
Unfortunately the longer this goes on the more of a realistic outcome that could be, so yes, I wouldn’t necessarily disagree with you there.

I’d love to know, who these people are who are waiting in the wings to buy the club!

KIMURA are seeking further funding and have reached out to other funders to raise funds.

If there is genuine people waiting in the wings to buy the club. It can be sorted in 3-7 days, if you have the funding available. Literally!

He has no choice but to sell, but the way he’s going about it certainly isn’t for the greater good of the club, if it was then we would have been under new ownership a long time ago.
Ron must realise that his ‘assets’ are diminishing the longer this drags out.

So, If it’s not Kimura, is there genuinely a deal to be done with another mystery buyer?

The statement people have mentioned coming out today is that where RM says if James says he can say this then he will in reference to when asked baout whats included in the sale? I wa listening to the video and there was a lot of background noise so just making sure thats what i heard. If so he may then are a statement if it is ok but if James (I am assume James Duddridge) says he cant say that then he wont make the statement.

Ron must realise that his ‘assets’ are diminishing the longer this drags out.

So, If it’s not Kimura, is there genuinely a deal to be done with another mystery buyer?
Are his assets diminishing though ?
No football club means Potential for housing on both sites , without the need to lash out for a stadium first , sure he doesn't get his "loans" back but that was never on the cards really. I imagine the Man is miffed at the "lack of respect" he has had for his 25 year tenure as well, as the delays to his dream and the cost to himself underpinning a money losing venture for so long , and has reached the point where he has just gone Stuff it, lets make as much money as I can ASAP . And that does not involve paying more money for a stadium or hanging around for a two phased development .

Being booted down a few divisions and not needing anything like a stadium fit for league 1 is also a viable cheap alternative . Something like Billericay would not need to be that costly , or god forbid , playing at Garons in a "Chelmsford Style" may be even cheaper ,

Well according to Sherif it's a cheaper option than new build and as far as a business model it needs to bring in more than match day income which Ron failed to do. The Kimura team seem to think they can and make it a successful business proposition. They appear to operate in circles that Ron couldn't dream of
Roots Hall atmosphere in theory should gain us an extra 8 points a year as opposed to soulless distant pile of sh it that he will ever build!

Well done fellas for getting that on tape, theres a few bits of that that make interesting viewing,
1. Firstly why has he got to get James Duddridge's approval to release details of this and that? , Ron must know the figure he would sell RH for, Duddridge is an MP? Whats Duddridge got to do with this sale? (this could open another can of worms!!!) In addition he states Anna Firth was told at the same time as James he was willing to sell RH as part of the deal (Annas been in contact with the Shrimpers trust in regards to meeting with the national league recently) Could she be contacted by the trust to confirm/deny this?

2. Did you see the smirk/drop of the shoulders when Ron was asked why did he lie about paying off the debt at the first court hearing, and then he tried to cover said it was done with the "best of intentions" Could this be taken as purgery? And he immediately changed the subject in regards to how many games he had been to?

3. 16000 was the MINIMUM size for a championship club stadium (that says to me the MINIMUM was all he ever wanted) then stated delancy originally wanted a 20,000 stadium and thats why he bought them out later in the video)

4. He didnt say who has paid for the re-laying of the RH pitch (just immedidately tried to change it to saying he had bought the training ground for 2Million).

5. Apart from saying The National league are good people he wouldnt eloborate into what the national league have advised.

6.Says there is no other buyer than Kimura and immediately changes his tune and says there are two other people in the frame (jesus dosen't he know?)

7. Says he thinks Kimura cannot afford a new stadium, yet thinks he can build it when he cant pay his staff or run the club on a sure finanical footing? Surely KImura have shown proof of funds for the sale of the club (wasnt this shown to the HMRC judge)?
What happens after they have bought it isnt his problem!!! , And if i was Kimura would i really show a man of this calibre what other funds they have available , of course not, id be mad if i did (he would immediately put the price up).

8. "National league is a major concern", no s*** Ron, its ours too, for us we may not have a club, for you the nest egg falls apart if we are thrown out the league.

9. Annouced the sale in march and "no one really wants it do they?" hang on there Ron, less than 5 mins earlier you stated you had 3 interested partys, which is it? Sounds like to me that theres interested partys but they dont want to play to your tune!

10.Admits we are in a survival situation (shoulders drop again when he is told we have gotta pay those bills ron") then the classic smirk which says to me NO CHANCE IN HELL!!,
he then admits he hasnt got the money!! but can fund FF by borrowing again (shoulders drop again when told its not for the club but for himself ) Caught out there ron?

11. Is happy the shrimpers trust wil repair roots hall, of course he is, then it isnt his problem, are you gonna pay for the materials out of the £40,000 you already owe them?

12.States 2.5 mil of debt and that if sale goes ahead no rent will be paid by the buyer for 3 years on RH, the question is whats he charging afterward? Or is he guaranteeing FF will be completed by then?

13. States Kimura and the underbidder do not want the new stadium, this then begs questions of KImura , What is it they are really after ?
As we havent heard from them in any way!!. I think its about time Kimura released a statement of what their plans are going forward for Southend United, Re-develop RH? buy FF later down the line? Come on guys the NDA is blown to smithereens now , if you really want the fans behind you its time to step up to the plate.

Talk about a can of worms, theres more twists and turns than a monkey puzzle, Ive gotta say that after watching that and trying to pick out the sentiant points for an hour i think i feel worse rather than better. Sorry this is a bit long winded.
Personally as it stands i think we have reached an empass and i as much as i hate to say this (and ive tried to be as upbeat as i can during this sorry saga) I think we are truly witnessing the last days of our beloved club.

Post of this thread 👏

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back