• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fwiw I'd rather stay at roots hall and turn the stadium 180 degrees
Waste of time and money... unless you meant 90 degrees. 😉

I guess any renovation / redevelopment work would need to be done in such a way as to allow football to be played at the ground still, so I guess that would mean a stand at a time. Unless we were to ground share for a couple of seasons.

I’ll say it again, Kimura will NOT be the new owners of SUFC, neither will PG Site Services, as some have alluded to on here.

Whatever comes out of Ron’s mouth, please just ignore, it’s a lie.

As I have said previously, Ron has been playing Kumura for fools, he never had the slightest intention from the start of selling any part of the club to them, they have just been used unfortunately.

The only person that has caused all of the delays in the sale of SUFC is Ron Martin and no one else.

I’ll say it again, Kimura will NOT be the new owners of SUFC, neither will PG Site Services, as some have alluded to on here.

As I have said previously, Ron has been playing Kumura for fools, he never had the slightest intention from the start of selling any part of the club to them, they have just been used unfortunately.

The only person that has caused all of the delays in the sale of SUFC is Ron Martin and no one else.
Can i ask why your mystery buyer does not just step in now then and buy the club etc? What is their delay? @ForeverBlue

You have been very consistent with this stance and thus far, are being proved right.

Do you think he will sell to anyone?

Really can’t see how the club and roots hall are now on the table when for so many years ron has been saying roots hall is a money pit and needs 2m a year or whatever just to exist. Hardly an attractive proposition for anyone.

Really don’t understand if this is the deal.

Wonder if Anna and James involvement is to assure new owners they will help secure new location etc etc. but I dunno… far from simple now seems more of a mess.
Well according to Sherif it's a cheaper option than new build and as far as a business model it needs to bring in more than match day income which Ron failed to do. The Kimura team seem to think they can and make it a successful business proposition. They appear to operate in circles that Ron couldn't dream of

What's the plan then?

All sounding last door desperate to me .. a lot of work and deals to be done in the final 11 days of our existence . MPs now throwing their ‘I tried’ emails out there pushing the dirt away from themselves .. now of course if the chairman would have and could have carried on funding the club until it was sold (like he said he would in the press conference ) then we would all be looking forward to a new season … as it is I see nothing but heartbreak at this stage …

Is there anything positive on the horizon that can be quantified within the next 10 days ?

Are Kimura fools? Plain stupid perhaps? If things are the way you say you’d think they’d be long gone by now.

Watching BBC Breakfast and Local (BBC Look East) this morning.

Absolutely no mention of our plight, although there was a 10 minute article on playing the flute (wtf) and local news mentioned plan to eliminate smoking in Southend.

What chance do we have!?!?

Martin knows exactly what he is doing. He`s played off Kimura`s bid with the Courts to to bide him time, knowing that he was never going to put any more money in.
He knew that we were never going to be in a position to start the season.

So, blaming everybody else, but, it`s his end game that`s most important to him, he doesn`t give a sh*t about the club.

The mess we are in is down to one man Martin. The debt alone and getting ready for the WHOLE season, which the NL will want, is an uphill struggle.

It`s criminal that he has been allowed to get us to this sorry situation?

A question? What have the other Directors done to address this lone maverick?

I know he is the main shareholder, but, they must have had concerns, and are they not obliged to say/report such matters?

It is a desperate situation, and fear that the NL are going to have no other choice but to terminate us from their league.

The clock is ticking.

He has no choice but to sell, but the way he’s going about it certainly isn’t for the greater good of the club, if it was then we would have been under new ownership a long time ago.
As you say, he has to sell. So why on earth is he turning things down and making it hard? If anything, the longer he leaves it, the worse the deal will be for him too. As every day passes, the value of the assets gets less.

He has no choice but to sell, but the way he’s going about it certainly isn’t for the greater good of the club, if it was then we would have been under new ownership a long time ago.
Not sure you are right.

Understandably you are looking at it from a football club perspective but let’s just suppose he doesn’t sell the club or should I say his 70% of the shares.

FF almost certainly will at some point be developed maybe with the stadium but as was made clear yesterday the planning for FF doesn’t require the Tennant of the stadium to be SUFC.

Watching BBC Breakfast and Local (BBC Look East) this morning.

Absolutely no mention of our plight, although there was a 10 minute article on playing the flute (wtf) and local news mentioned plan to eliminate smoking in Southend.

What chance do we have!?!?
I'm going on BBC Essex in a minute if that's any consolation! Bleary-eyed.

As you say, he has to sell. So why on earth is he turning things down and making it hard? If anything, the longer he leaves it, the worse the deal will be for him too. As every day passes, the value of the assets gets less.
I think he actually enjoys all this and just sees it as a game where he wants to be the winner at any cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back