• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would Ron want to hold onto the club when it is losing him money and he’s not wanted?

It’s not a case of him wanting to hold on to the club whilst losing money hand over fist but a question who actually wants to take this on.

But Ron ain’t going to go easy that’s for sure and why should he considering his 25 years of funding the club.

So many times ii has been said this person knows this and that but knows nothing really .Unlees he knows Ron well but i doubt that too .
if youve on shrimperzone for any length of time you will know to trust Boywonder. When it comes to the club, rumours, signing new players he is normally 99.99% spot on and can be trusted. He is the one i always play closest attention to. So im happy with his comments yesterday as it gives us some hope

My unlikely hope is for someone rich enough to want own a football club that has the potential to be taken from the NL to at least the Championship, is rich enough to afford to buy the new stadium, is rich enough to pay off whatever Ron will accept to not have it covered in flats, and will stick around long enough to see it all through.

Not asking much am I..? :Sad:

My unlikely hope is for someone rich enough to want own a football club that has the potential to be taken from the NL to at least the Championship, is rich enough to afford to buy the new stadium, is rich enough to pay off whatever Ron will accept to not have it covered in flats, and will stick around long enough to see it all through.

Not asking much am I..? :Sad:
You forgot a free season ticket.

If you're referring to @BoyWonder2 I think you'll find they have more than a decent track-record...
That’s true but usually only on the positive stuff like transfer targets or good work being done in training. Rarely, if ever, confirms things an about non-payment or wagers or embargo’s (no idea whether that’s an indication of their source, motives or loyalty is anyone’s guess)

It’s not a case of him wanting to hold on to the club whilst losing money hand over fist but a question who actually wants to take this on.

But Ron ain’t going to go easy that’s for sure and why should he considering his 25 years of funding the club.

So someone who is losing money hand over fist isn’t going to give up easily the thing that is losing them money hand over fist?

That’s true but usually only on the positive stuff like transfer targets or good work being done in training. Rarely, if ever, confirms things an about non-payment or wagers or embargo’s (no idea whether that’s an indication of their source, motives or loyalty is anyone’s guess)
Can't really comment on the specifics you mention above without trawling through the forum, but I believe @BoyWonder2 to be a pretty well connected poster on here. Things like performance in training isn't really private and confidential material and (if memory serves me correctly) he rarely drops specific transfer names before they've signed, rather gives a few clues.

Maybe he's more reluctant to drop in some of the more negative snippets of information through a desire to protect the mental health of our fanbase on here and the Shrimperzone servers.

I’ve mentioned, on numerous occasions, I stay out of the financial stuff. I’ve never once asked if my sources have been paid, like they never ask if I’ve been paid.

I stay a lot out of the FF stuff too. I only dip my toe in about the footballing side of things, because that’s what I’m interested in. I get fed bits and pieces about other stuff, like the sale, general mood around the place, personal bits and pieces and so on, but that stuff isn’t what I’m largely interested in.

I’ve found out bits and pieces about the potential sale. I know that RM wants out, and has for a while. I know there are interested parties, I know the names of some and I don’t know the names of others but I won’t be saying anything. Same as when I get names of transfer targets, I don’t name them.

That’s less likely a reflection on BoyWonder than on his source though.

News on a takeover would be good news so I hope he has a positive update soon.

So many times ii has been said this person knows this and that but knows nothing really .Unlees he knows Ron well but i doubt that too .

I don’t know RM well if this was directed at me.

I’ve said on here about my one interaction with him. He wouldn’t be able to pick me out of a crowd, or even a line up for that matter.

How much do you think Brentford and Brighton are worth as businesses these days?

Ron needs to go. He has nothing else to liquidate. No other way of raising capital. He will do all he can to maximise value, and sure why wouldn't he, but he has to sell so a deal will get done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back