• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
We won’t be hearing anything “official” until the Club decide/are allowed to.

Some people will post rumours, some will have elements of truth to it, and some will be nonsense which is the same with every rumour we hear, not just on RM selling the Club.

There are numerous parties interested in the Club. Some are further along than others. Some want the Club/can’t afford to buy FF. Some want the Club/FF, some want the Club/FF and a slice of the housing pie.
Does one of them drop it like its hot?

Some people will post rumours, some will have elements of truth to it, and some will be nonsense which is the same with every rumour we hear, not just on RM selling the Club.

There are numerous parties interested in the Club. Some are further along than others. Some want the Club/can’t afford to buy FF. Some want the Club/FF, some want the Club/FF and a slice of the housing pie.
Just how I personally would like to see it all change
Is Ron sells club and stadium to new owners. Want Ron gone, don’t want him hanging around in the shadows like some dodgy landlord.
Then we can properly move on , then Ron can play at Bob the builder and make his millions.
I don’t care if he makes 200 million or whatever. Let’s hope we get a full divorce from him.

Any insight as to when that announcement could be? Are the sale agents working to any kind of timetable, bidding rounds for example?

Any insight as to when that announcement could be? Are the sale agents working to any kind of timetable, bidding rounds for example?
It’ll likely be to the buyer’s timetable. Ron’s not in a position to call the shots: he needs to offload the club as he’s run out of cash.

Whoever it is showing interest I sincerely hope its someone or people with deep enough pockets to get our club/gpound back, but more importantly is passionate about the fan base and the Community as a top priority and knows how to communicate and make it happen
Thats something that has always seemed way beyond Rons ability and interests , despite what he occasionally claims

His actions dont relate to a man obsessed with the fan base , club and Community, but a man obsessed with utilising the vehicle to make a buck, otherwise what will or would have been the sad mans legacy

Having sat through the Wrexham series on Tv what a stark contrast in desire and approach, Ron seems barely human in comparison, poor sod

Who are these interested parties?

Seems like there is interest but let’s hope rm doesn’t f it up and somebody gets their hands on the club before the next season.

And of those hopefully interested parties, they'll be playing as canny a game as RM trying to get the best deal they can. RM'll be the one sweating a tad more than the buyers I'd wager as he's the one (with the empty pockets now) hoping to walk away feeling like "I've done it". The buyers - possibly not so much as there'll be other potential targets out there. SUFC is just bait which, God forbid, doesn't fall off the hook into oblivion ....

I still fail to see how the sale will even work to be honest. The new stadium complicates matters and the fact the club doesn't own anything we're going to need a very wealthy person to buy Fossett's & the new training ground plus any potential debts we'll have. Add even further that Ron still wants to run the build of the stadium, what crazy person will want to deal with all of that?

That's if he even wants to actually sell, does he even want too, or has he just said that to get fans off his back for a while. Perhaps he'll prefer investment instead but again, who'll want to intrust their money with Ron? Again, if someone invested, how would that work with potentially taking a slice of the pie from the stadium money?

All very confusing.

Only someone with more money and sense would buy us right now. Also we could end up with another mad property dude like Ron.

Put yourself in the place of an investor, what an earth is there right now to make you part with your money and more to the point at what point in time do you expect to start seeing a return.

Mind you I know a few people in Columbia that would buy Southend out right but that would be a cash only deal 😂

Ron just got forced into making that statement about selling because the ST and many fans called him in over Season ticket sales or should I lack of.

It wouldn’t be so bad if someone from the club actually stood up and presented a basic outline of what’s being presented as a way forward and out of this 💩.

So you’re right to feel confused amigo.

Only someone with more money and sense would buy us right now. Also we could end up with another mad property dude like Ron.

Put yourself in the place of an investor, what an earth is there right now to make you part with your money and more to the point at what point in time do you expect to start seeing a return.

Mind you I know a few people in Columbia that would buy Southend out right but that would be a cash only deal 😂

Ron just got forced into making that statement about selling because the ST and many fans called him in over Season ticket sales or should I lack of.

It wouldn’t be so bad if someone from the club actually stood up and presented a basic outline of what’s being presented as a way forward and out of this 💩.

Why would Ron want to hold onto the club when it is losing him money and he’s not wanted?

No idea.

I’ve no idea how long these things take. One thing is for certain, we won’t be hearing anything “official” from the Club until they have something to say/are allowed to say anything.
We have to hope that the bridging loan repayments and club costs force Ron's hands into an early decision. Whether Ron actually cares for the club or the damage he has done is a major worry in negotiations.The next couple of months are seriously going to test all supporters with the possibility of no good news regarding the squad and preparation for next season.

Thankfully, the sale is not being handled by a collection of Shrimperzone posters but by a proper sports Agency who do understand the process.

As supporters it’s not our job to understand it or get inside the heads of those potentially interested - though I am confused why some don’t see why this is fantastic opportunity up for grabs for someone.

As has been alluded to by a very well respected and proven poster above,
- discussions are ongoing with a number of parties interested in different options
- Those people OBVIOUSLY can’t be named and nor would anyone reveal their sources to that information
- the club cannot say anything further to Ron’s statement at this time as there is currently nothing to update on/ they are bound by legal agreements not to speak.

how are you privy to this knowledge?
He is someone with a close connection to the club - either an employee or something similar. This has been discussed before and we’re confident he’s legit. The insights are usually on the nose so we don’t ask too many tricky questions to undermine the source, as most of us have sod all ability to get actual inside info! 😉

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back