• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ronnie boy has claimed Kimura dont have the money
Hes claimed they are holding things up and its down to them
Hes claimed they haven't completed the full and proper persons test or ? Heads of terms ?
Not sure he hasnt claimed they haven't completed Those words are banned, Does seem so much they havent done , neglected doing or hung back on.,
The way Ronnies going he will allegedly claim they are backed by Russian Oligarchs

In short it seems Ronnie is trashing Kimura left right and centre surely not what you would expect from the famous NDA agreement

For that reason Kimura if genuinely interested really do need to pop their head out of their shell , stand up to the plate and start saying something NOW or look like utter mugs ,and dare I say more also appear more than prepared to let things reach this appalling position

Surely it really is Time for Kimura to step up, show some nuts and tell it how it is and stop hiding behind Ronnie's well blasted NDA. skirt, If nothing else at least confirm you are no longer in the hunt, that would be the decent thing to do, or get tarred with the same stinking Ronnie brush ?!

Ronnie boy has claimed Kimura dont have the money
Hes claimed they are holding things up and its down to them
Hes claimed they haven't completed the full and proper persons test or ? Heads of terms ?
Not sure he hasnt claimed they haven't completed Those words are banned, Does seem so much they havent done , neglected doing or hung back on.,
The way Ronnies going he will allegedly claim they are backed by Russian Oligarchs

In short it seems Ronnie is trashing Kimura left right and centre surely not what you would expect from the famous NDA agreement

For that reason Kimura if genuinely interested really do need to pop their head out of their shell , stand up to the plate and start saying something NOW or look like utter mugs ,and dare I say more also appear more than prepared to let things reach this appalling position

Surely it really is Time for Kimura to step up, show some nuts and tell it how it is and stop hiding behind Ronnie's well blasted NDA. skirt, If nothing else at least confirm you are no longer in the hunt, that would be the decent thing to do, or get tarred with the same stinking Ronnie brush ?!
I respect your viewpoint but dont see what could be gained by kimura kicking up a fuss, getting into a public slanging match with liar ron and the fanbase.

Its a business deal, you dont go crying if your terms arent agreed to by the seller (as deluded as he is)

I respect your viewpoint but dont see what could be gained by kimura kicking up a fuss, getting into a public slanging match with liar ron and the fanbase.

Its a business deal, you dont go crying if your terms arent agreed to by the seller (as deluded as he is)
I understand that but I dont believe it has to be a public slanging match and in any case how many days until we are dead. Rons doing all the wailing

This is why it would be interesting to get @Sherif H view on the feasibility as the rest of us are (I believe) largely guessing. I'm assuming the South as the newest wouldn't need much expenditure, I don't know if the West and North would be dismantle and rebuild but they would be pretty basic structures of steel and concrete. The East would I assume be the big bit of work and guess might include coming out onto the car park to include everything they want and maybe extra capacity. This could all be wrong and it could need a complete rebuild in the car park and lots of money as others have suggested.
Watford rebuilt Vicarage Road one stand at a time. The final stand was along one side of the ground, and was constructed pretty quickly replacing a structure not unlike our East Stand. This would be the expensive part, but it would also presumably contain the facilities that the club needs, and possibly some type of function rooms which could bring in an income. The car park has always seemed to be an under-used resource. I understand that people like the convenience of parking at the ground, but could that area be used more profitably with offices or other facilities that could be used all week and not just match days?
I don't like FF as a location, it is too far out of town and for pedestrians requires crossing that very busy road.
Also, separating ownership of the football club and the ground seems to be a disaster waiting to happen.
FF has all the looks of the Oxford United Kassam to me - a three-sided ground, out of town, with a different owner, and a club now looking for a new home.

At today's prices, a completed 16,000 capacity stadium would be setting you back something in the region of £40-45m. With value engineering (essentially running through every element of the scope of works and stripping out any unnecessary 'garnish'), you might get close to that £38m figure Ron appeared to quote.

Right now, myself and other people involved in these circles believe that redeveloping Roots Hall is the better short to medium term solution.

Are you taking into account that with PP for 500 houses the RH site is now worth £30m+. Far more than the value of Fratton park as a site.

How many owners of clubs anywhere near our size would spend that amount on land for their project?

Agreed on the housing. Ron is probably looking at Roots Hall and thinking, if i sell that to the new owners i can use Fossetts Farm to use as additional housing. Much easier to build on ground that is just grass rather than something thats already developed, has asbestos and would need serious levelling out etc to meet the housing that has been planned.
I don’t see how RM can build on FF without the new stadium. FF is green belt and the new football stadium was the enabler to get around the green belt land being lost for housing. It would also require a new planning application which will cost minimum £200,000 and take 12-18 months as every single drawing and report would need to be updated or started again.

If he is willing to sell RH, I would be willing to bet £1 that he has the right to buy it back for the same price he sells it for, when he has delivered the new stadium.

RM is many things but he is not naive and he wouldn’t give his golden goose away that he was worked for 20 years on.

Roots Hall personally would look better on paper if kept to a very high standard. I’ll use this as an example - Luton. Their stadium reminds me of just like ours but more I’d say enclosed. They’re using that stadium in the Premier League. Why can’t we just make Roots Hall better for now?
Their 1st home game has already been postponed because the upgrade work (£10m, I believe) won't be completed in time.

I suspect that they've not signed an NDA so it's easier. Not excusing the club as there is plenty that could have been said without disclosing commercial information.
If they haven't signed an NDA then any party talking to them in detail will be breaking theirs!!!!

I remember asking the question a few times in the past regarding Roots Hall being redeveloped. I cited Wrexham's phased redevelopment as an example. Many, rightly so, said it wasn't viable. The cost, no return and the contract with the council for the housing development. If it was ever possible, I'm sure most would back it.

I do think it's a bit of a pipe dream to remain at Roots Hall though. Why would a buyer want to do it with next to no return? The initial and intermediate outlay would be huge. The FF deal has money at the end of it with the properties being built. Granted, that's Ron's end of the deal but I'm sure a segment of that treasure is being proposed by a potential buyer as part of any FF deal. It's far easier for the new buyer to borrow against future assets as apposed to developing Roots Hall with no assets to speak of.

Anna Firth stated about a 'simpler deal'. One would infer that was in reference to a deal just for the club for now. Which is what a few fans have already mentioned. Whether Kimura want to do that remains to be seen.

What ever happens, it looks like the full adjournment delay won't be used as the league want this sorted before the season starts. Whilst that looks bleak as it could mean the end of our club far sooner than the court hearing, it may just speed things along. One can only hope.

Love how we get an update from an intermediary, but nothing from the club!
Sorry the update is from a politician who no doubt is working on the matter will be trying to gain some political capital from their involvement

That said the update is extremely useful and shows the mountain that has to be climbed just to start the season.

Compiling a list of football creditors shouldn’t be that difficult but then you get into matters that will cost and time is a big enemy

1) Paying staff and players wages . Goodness knows how much that will cost but once they are paid there will be PAYE and NIC
2) It’s not said but I would expect that there will be a requirement re payment to those football creditors
3) TL stated that it costs £300k ish a year to keep the ground to the required safety standard. Does anyone think that with money as tight as it has clearly been money has been spent in this area ? Irrespective it’s not just a matter of getting the safety guys out to get the work done and inspected might be a significant challenge

There are 19 days till the NL kicks off not enough players no pre season planning to start the season will be a miracle

But all the while the 42 day adjournment is ticking down and with it the need to settle the sum included in the WUO.

What a blooming mess

Really can’t see how the club and roots hall are now on the table when for so many years ron has been saying roots hall is a money pit and needs 2m a year or whatever just to exist. Hardly an attractive proposition for anyone.

Really don’t understand if this is the deal.

Wonder if Anna and James involvement is to assure new owners they will help secure new location etc etc. but I dunno… far from simple now seems more of a mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back