• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
I suspect that was only in to stop him selling off the ground. If the ground was secured then I reckon planning changes would be a formality but @Shrimpergarry as a former planner would have a better view I'm sure.
My concern with purchasing RH is who would own it the football club or would the new owners purchase it through another company and lease it to the football club. If the latter we could find ourselves in exactly the same position in the future with the owners wanting to develop RH for housing and the football club having no control.

My concern with purchasing RH is who would own it the football club or would the new owners purchase it through another company and lease it to the football club. If the latter we could find ourselves in exactly the same position in the future with the owners wanting to develop RH for housing and the football club having no control.
A valid concern. Hopefully the new owners have a cleaner model with the club holding assets or at least a long term leasehold

Last edited:
The first thing we need to know is what do you get for £15m... Certainly not completed stadium. So apart from the stadium footprint does it included the Domes, training ground and overflow carpark.

Second thing the only reason Ron would want to ditch RH fast is because the housing market is heading for a record crash.....Its already happening, with projects being cancelled. Including next door to the training ground. RH as it stands is now worth less than it was 12 months ago and will be dropping more each quarter.

Ron will still want far more than £15m for RH and rebuilding stadium is far more expensive and time consuming than a new one at FF.......Its a non starter.

With Kimura seeming to not like Rons figures and not seeing RH as a prime or undervalued site......Many of you might want to consider Jai and others have said. They rightly pointed out to not judge our on a few drunken tweets from someone who may be just minion in their company.

Forget sipping Crystal with Hollywood heroes ( yes I got blindly excited as did all of you) its now cup of PG with the gardener.

Don't get to down with your thoughts......There are more testing times ahead over the next few weeks. Best save your tears and anger, your going to need them.

We few we lucky few......

The first thing we need to know is what do you get for £15m... Certainly not completed stadium. So apart from the stadium footprint does it included the Domes, training ground and overflow carpark.

Second thing the only reason Ron would want to ditch RH fast is because the housing market is heading for a record crash.....Its already happening, with projects being cancelled. Including next door to the training ground. RH as it stands is now worth less than it was 12 months ago and will be dropping more each quarter.

Ron will still want far more than £15m for RH and rebuilding stadium is far more expensive and time consuming than a new one at FF.......Its a non starter.

With Kimura seeming to not like Rons figures and not seeing RH asa prime or undervalued site......Many of you might want to consider Jai and others have said. They have rightly pointed out to not judge our on a few drunken tweets from someone who may be just minion in their company.

Forget sipping Crystal with Hollywood heroes ( yes I got blindly excited as did all of you) its now cup of PG with the gardener.

Don't get to down with your thoughts......There are more testing times ahead over the next few weeks. Best save your tears and anger, your going to need them.

That of course assumes we have a few weeks before the NL dock us points or cancel our registration completely.:Whistling:

Imaginary scenario.
I would love to hear thoughts.
PG site services get the club this week. They pay off footballing debts get embargo lifted and hand the football department a budget for the season. How would this sit with everyone.
I think it would be great having PG as our new owners just for the ****s and giggles.

With Kimura seeming to not like Rons figures and not seeing RH as a prime or undervalued site......Many of you might want to consider Jai and others have said. They rightly pointed out to not judge our on a few drunken tweets from someone who may be just minion in their company.

Cup of cold sick.

Is that not exactly the sort of thing I'm talking about. Or did you think I had heard the onion supplier hadn't been paid?
The thing is rigsby. The club dies if thrown out of the league. Everything is pointless to all but a hardy few. If that’s the offer - not good enough. Find money now or all the building permits are dead.

Is that not exactly the sort of thing I'm talking about. Or did you think I had heard the onion supplier hadn't been paid?
Personally I'm not too interested in whether there are onions in the hot dogs or not but I would rather like a football club to support,albeit a NL one.

The thing is rigsby. The club dies if thrown out of the league. Everything is pointless to all but a hardy few. If that’s the offer - not good enough. Find money now or all the building permits are dead.

Aimed at who and how?

Last edited:
If we could stay at RH and just redevelop it, that would be mine and I think most people's preference. The only thing is that I think it would cost a lot of money. The East Stand needs a complete rebuild. Ideallly, the pitch and ground would be moved over to the right onto the car park. That would allow new facilities all around but would take time and money

Agreed on the housing. Ron is probably looking at Roots Hall and thinking, if i sell that to the new owners i can use Fossetts Farm to use as additional housing. Much easier to build on ground that is just grass rather than something thats already developed, has asbestos and would need serious levelling out etc to meet the housing that has been planned.

Agreed on the housing. Ron is probably looking at Roots Hall and thinking, if i sell that to the new owners i can use Fossetts Farm to use as additional housing. Much easier to build on ground that is just grass rather than something thats already developed, has asbestos and would need serious levelling out etc to meet the housing that has been planned.
And is greenbelt with no planning permissions?

This is why it would be interesting to get @Sherif H view on the feasibility as the rest of us are (I believe) largely guessing. I'm assuming the South as the newest wouldn't need much expenditure, I don't know if the West and North would be dismantle and rebuild but they would be pretty basic structures of steel and concrete. The East would I assume be the big bit of work and guess might include coming out onto the car park to include everything they want and maybe extra capacity. This could all be wrong and it could need a complete rebuild in the car park and lots of money as others have suggested.

This is why it would be interesting to get @Sherif H view on the feasibility as the rest of us are (I believe) largely guessing. I'm assuming the South as the newest wouldn't need much expenditure, I don't know if the West and North would be dismantle and rebuild but they would be pretty basic structures of steel and concrete. The East would I assume be the big bit of work and guess might include coming out onto the car park to include everything they want and maybe extra capacity. This could all be wrong and it could need a complete rebuild in the car park and lots of money as others have suggested.
He has said recently that it is feasible. He has been involved with the Fratton Park rebuild (iirc). Apologies if I have misremembered.

Obviously “feasible” is not the same as “we should definitely do this”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back