• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying to find out exactly what he meant with this.

If he meant he's just selling the lease, then it's as was really.

If he means he's actually selling Roots Hall then that could be a game changer. He could make up for his lost RH windfall by kicking the new stadium and just building his housing at Fossetts. It would then completely untangle us from his companies and from his wretched housing development, and perhaps RH could be redeveloped, or brought back up to an acceptable standard and a new plot of land found.

It would require someone who can absorb the losses and fund the club to an acceptable level for now, but we'd have still required that for the next 3+ years whilst ****y bollocks continued trying to get the new stadium built anyway.
would love for this to happen. Roots Hall could just be updated. Fresh lick of paint, cleaned to perfection, advertising boards updated ect. We could have our ground as a FORTRESS again.

would love for this to happen. Roots Hall could just be updated. Fresh lick of paint, cleaned to perfection, advertising boards updated ect. We could have our ground as a FORTRESS again.
Bear in mind RH as is, or tarted up, is not viable. Stands would need to be replaced particularly probably East Stand to incorporate extensive hospitality

Bear in mind RH as is, or tarted up, is not viable. Stands would need to be replaced particularly probably East Stand to incorporate extensive hospitality
Could be patched up for a few seasons tho while new owners start the ball rolling on finding new land for a new stadium.

Its basically rons plan without ron in it 😃

Yes but you look at the value of what you are buying rather than getting fixated on what the other party is making from the wider development. Of course it’s why you are getting the new stadium “on the cheap”, and yes you can try and get it for even less. But no point in cutting of your nose to spite your face…
But they are in it for the £38m stadium for £15m ? They wouldn’t spend £38m on one.

However. I guess if they get roots hall - build a stadium elsewhere, then they can build housing at roots hall and make some money there.

I'm trying to find out exactly what he meant with this.

If he meant he's just selling the lease, then it's as was really.

If he means he's actually selling Roots Hall then that could be a game changer. He could make up for his lost RH windfall by kicking the new stadium and just building his housing at Fossetts. It would then completely untangle us from his companies and from his wretched housing development, and perhaps RH could be redeveloped, or brought back up to an acceptable standard and a new plot of land found.

It would require someone who can absorb the losses and fund the club to an acceptable level for now, but we'd have still required that for the next 3+ years whilst ****y bollocks continued trying to get the new stadium built anyway.

Interesting. I quite like that idea.

Rm totally gone.

Goodwill returns to the extent that the fans can be involved in bringing RH up to scratch and then a new stadium plan can be bought up elsewhere with the sale of RH helping to fund it.
You boys might be on to something here 😉

That's the bit I don't understand. Could RH, especially the East and older bits be renovated to modern standards? We were only going to have three sides at first at FF and so even if we did it partly in situ it might have legs.

Historically the view has always been that his only way to develop at Fossetts is to do it on the back of the football ground being built. Has that changed? If not then I don't see why he'd sell Roots Hall...?

Historically the view has always been that his only way to develop at Fossetts is to do it on the back of the football ground being built. Has that changed? If not then I don't see why he'd sell Roots Hall...?
I suspect that was only in to stop him selling off the ground. If the ground was secured then I reckon planning changes would be a formality but @Shrimpergarry as a former planner would have a better view I'm sure.

I suspect that was only in to stop him selling off the ground. If the ground was secured then I reckon planning changes would be a formality but @Shrimpergarry as a former planner would have a better view I'm sure.
But it's green belt isn't it?

Maybe he's had some assurances from the two MPs (if so he better get things going in the next year)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back