• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a thought. They were putting money in to cover for Ron in order to get contracts for FF.

That money was probably unofficially loaned with interest...

Now the game has changed and they're funding the club because the club surviving & getting sold means they get their owed money back from the new owners.

I'd imagine they are waiting for a substantial amount of money. Paying 1 month of wages to keep the club running would've cost them around £30k?
This could well be the case

Reflecting on the latest updates from Ron and comments others had made:

Ron saying that the club and RH up for sale and Kimura can't afford the new stadium. (Last bit his view) seems to have moved the goalposts

As others have said why doesn't the new owner look for a new site to build the stadium? My gut feel is that 3 years is not enough for that and thought they might be naive but guess an option would be to ground share after 3 years if the process was well underway. Council would no doubt then change planning terms and Ron and they would probably be more happy as extra housing.

If the statement on here that I believe came from part of the Kimura set up (but seems to have gone) suggested they believe a stadium would be viable business by bringing in American Football, e-sports, conferences etc would the club and stadium be sufficient from a business point of view?

If so how big a piece of land would they need to put in the right sized stadium and associated utilities and sell RH themselves or could even RH be flattened and rebuilt with more capacity and better facilities if we were to ground share for a couple of seasons? I'd happily take that pain for the right outcome.

Any thoughts @Sherif H ?
I thought it was interesting that he said about 2 minutes into the video from yesterdays protest that he’s offered (via James Dudderidge and Anna Firth) to sell Roots Hall with the club.

If that happens I was wondering about the feasibility of staying there long term if the East Stand were redeveloped to provide the kinds of facilities new owners might want?

I thought it was interesting that he said about 2 minutes into the video from yesterdays protest that he’s offered (via James Dudderidge and Anna Firth) to sell Roots Hall with the club.

If that happens I was wondering about the feasibility of staying there long term if the East Stand were redeveloped to provide the kinds of facilities new owners might want?
As someone else alluded to earlier. How did those 2 become the middlemen in any negotiation of a privately owned business?

I suspect most fan's preference would be to stay in our spiritual home and if renovations could be done and capacity increased sufficiently to make it a viable business for Kimura

Depends how much he wants for RH given he is offering a brand new 16k stadium for £15m. Without knowing the RH price and redevelopment costs it’s difficult to know. I’m suspecting the new stadium compares very favourably but don’t know- Sherrif would be the go to with knowledge on this..

Depends how much he wants for RH given he is offering a brand new 16k stadium for £15m. Without knowing the RH price and redevelopment costs it’s difficult to know. I’m suspecting the new stadium compares very favourably but don’t know- Sherrif would be the go to with knowledge on this..
Plus I'd want to see exactly what Ron means by the £15m and exactly what get for it. Not a man to take at his word.

And the car park? There's a catch somewhere.

I'm trying to find out exactly what he meant with this.

If he meant he's just selling the lease, then it's as was really.

If he means he's actually selling Roots Hall then that could be a game changer. He could make up for his lost RH windfall by kicking the new stadium and just building his housing at Fossetts. It would then completely untangle us from his companies and from his wretched housing development, and perhaps RH could be redeveloped, or brought back up to an acceptable standard and a new plot of land found.

It would require someone who can absorb the losses and fund the club to an acceptable level for now, but we'd have still required that for the next 3+ years whilst ****y bollocks continued trying to get the new stadium built anyway.

I guess if the new owner did buy Roots Hall outright there is also the possibility that a future deal could be done to swap the two sites if Ron ever builds a new stadium.

The difference is they’re paying money for something tangible (Roots Hall) rather than just fresh air and promises (Fossetts Farm stadium)

Why would you want to pay the full cost for another stadium somewhere else IF you could buy one for a discounted price of just £15m?
Unless you had a bit of space to make £50m profit from some houses. I guess that’s Ron’s conundrum now. Kimura know it. They will have done the maths and know how much he will make by “giving away £25m”. That’s the real value of the football club.

If he means he's actually selling Roots Hall then that could be a game changer. He could make up for his lost RH windfall by kicking the new stadium and just building his housing at Fossetts. It would then completely untangle us from his companies and from his wretched housing development, and perhaps RH could be redeveloped, or brought back up to an acceptable standard and a new plot of land found.

It would require someone who can absorb the losses and fund the club to an acceptable level for now, but we'd have still required that for the next 3+ years whilst ****y bollocks continued trying to get the new stadium built anyway.
But land anywhere would need to come with some ‘profit’ - about £25m?

Unless you had a bit of space to make £50m profit from some houses. I guess that’s Ron’s conundrum now. Kimura know it. They will have done the maths and know how much he will make by “giving away £25m”. That’s the real value of the football club.
Yes but you look at the value of what you are buying rather than getting fixated on what the other party is making from the wider development. Of course it’s why you are getting the new stadium “on the cheap”, and yes you can try and get it for even less. But no point in cutting of your nose to spite your face…

Interesting. I quite like that idea.

Rm totally gone.

Goodwill returns to the extent that the fans can be involved in bringing RH up to scratch and then a new stadium plan can be bought up elsewhere with the sale of RH helping to fund it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back