• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
[/QUOTE]
That comment from the makes me feel sick, unfair stick? Lets talk about the odd comments and bad PR on social media, making us even more of a laughing stock than we already are.

I don't want them near the club as much as Ron Martin, grateful for the funds provided, but we need a fresh start and no drama.

Eternally grateful to Pg site services for their financial support and generosity through very rough times, however, more than slightly concerned about an ownership stake given some of the bizarre statements and behaviour on the socials over the last year or so. I would need to be convinced it's a good fit.
However, as the saying goes 'beggars can't be choosers '

So IF PG want to buy or more likely become serious investors in SUFC, how would you feel about that if you were Kimura?

No problem right? There’s always competition - doubt they’re scared of it.

But then again how would they feel about the CEO of the club also being a non-exec director of PG. (I don’t know this as a fact myself but has been stated by numerous posters on this thread).

Wow! What is going on?

So IF PG want to buy or more likely become serious investors in SUFC, how would you feel about that if you were Kimura?

No problem right? There’s always competition - doubt they’re scared of it.

But then again how would they feel about the CEO of the club also being a non-exec director of PG. (I don’t know this as a fact myself but has been stated by numerous posters on this thread).

Wow! What is going on?
Don’t think they’d be that worried. If PG have kept the club afloat they’d probably be pretty grateful to them and if they are the business people we hope, would treat them well.

Well if PG, as rumoured have been regularly contributing to us as a club, and paying players, then what difference does it make if they own the club and do it directly.

If they've been naive enough to trust Ron so far in handing over considerable amounts of cash, they may be the ones to trust him on delivering a 16k seater stadium with year round revenue generating capability in 3 years time.

If it is a realistic option of course (and not rumour become truth), gets over the line, and keeps us fighting for another day then we might just have to get behind it

Reflecting on the latest updates from Ron and comments others had made:

Ron saying that the club and RH up for sale and Kimura can't afford the new stadium. (Last bit his view) seems to have moved the goalposts

As others have said why doesn't the new owner look for a new site to build the stadium? My gut feel is that 3 years is not enough for that and thought they might be naive but guess an option would be to ground share after 3 years if the process was well underway. Council would no doubt then change planning terms and Ron and they would probably be more happy as extra housing.

If the statement on here that I believe came from part of the Kimura set up (but seems to have gone) suggested they believe a stadium would be viable business by bringing in American Football, e-sports, conferences etc would the club and stadium be sufficient from a business point of view?

If so how big a piece of land would they need to put in the right sized stadium and associated utilities and sell RH themselves or could even RH be flattened and rebuilt with more capacity and better facilities if we were to ground share for a couple of seasons? I'd happily take that pain for the right outcome.

Any thoughts @Sherif H ?

If they were interested, they've gone the wrong way about it.

1. Trusting ron
2. Being a bit nuts on social media.

There was always a strange conflict of interest with TL being on the board...

However i dont know enough about it to really pass judgement, and it could well transpire when we look back that they saved us at some points.

Well if PG, as rumoured have been regularly contributing to us as a club, and paying players, then what difference does it make if they own the club and do it directly.

If they've been naive enough to trust Ron so far in handing over considerable amounts of cash, they may be the ones to trust him on delivering a 16k seater stadium with year round revenue generating capability in 3 years time.

If it is a realistic option of course (and not rumour become truth), gets over the line, and keeps us fighting for another day then we might just have to get behind it
What if they've been putting money in knowing they were going to get the club in the future?

Imaginary scenario.
I would love to hear thoughts.
PG site services get the club this week. They pay off footballing debts get embargo lifted and hand the football department a budget for the season. How would this sit with everyone.

What if they've been putting money in knowing they were going to get the club in the future?

Just a thought. They were putting money in to cover for Ron in order to get contracts for FF.

That money was probably unofficially loaned with interest...

Now the game has changed and they're funding the club because the club surviving & getting sold means they get their owed money back from the new owners.

I'd imagine they are waiting for a substantial amount of money. Paying 1 month of wages to keep the club running would've cost them around £30k?

Reflecting on the latest updates from Ron and comments others had made:

Ron saying that the club and RH up for sale and Kimura can't afford the new stadium. (Last bit his view) seems to have moved the goalposts

As others have said why doesn't the new owner look for a new site to build the stadium? My gut feel is that 3 years is not enough for that and thought they might be naive but guess an option would be to ground share after 3 years if the process was well underway. Council would no doubt then change planning terms and Ron and they would probably be more happy as extra housing.

If the statement on here that I believe came from part of the Kimura set up (but seems to have gone) suggested they believe a stadium would be viable business by bringing in American Football, e-sports, conferences etc would the club and stadium be sufficient from a business point of view?

If so how big a piece of land would they need to put in the right sized stadium and associated utilities and sell RH themselves or could even RH be flattened and rebuilt with more capacity and better facilities if we were to ground share for a couple of seasons? I'd happily take that pain for the right outcome.

Any thoughts @Sherif H ?
Why would you want to pay the full cost for another stadium somewhere else IF you could buy one for a discounted price of just £15m?

Last edited:
Imaginary scenario.
I would love to hear thoughts.
PG site services get the club this week. They pay off footballing debts get embargo lifted and hand the football department a budget for the season. How would this sit with everyone.

Relief but would require some details on how we are not just going to be back in this situation a few months down the line. I am not sure their pockets are deep enough to run a club of this size.

However, I'm more relaxed about some bad social media choices than many. They clearly have been a massive, massive help to us this season and I'm grateful for that. If they can save the club even for the short term, it is far better than the alternative.

I don't believe Ron is serious about selling to Kimura.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back