• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you blame them? If the situation was reversed, what would we say?

I would probably say "There is no proof a Southend fan posted such snidey remark just because of that incident in the past"....."Good luck with your protest and hope you survive"

"I'm still embarrassed that group of our 50 year old fans in Stone Island attacked your pubs and caused trouble all day and got away with it. If only Cambridgeshire Police hadn't have been so poor the incident would have never happened."

"Sadly every club has them but when we do play you again lets make sure its show of united strength by the rest of us, as its essential any fan from either side doesn't end up being an innocent victim"

SVC, Simon Cox or any other footballing name making a public statement carries far more weight and influence than some anonymous supporter airing their views. As for 'wanting others to lose their job' surely you are not suggesting that SVC would be on the breadline if he spoke up and got sacked as a result, when accoring to him, he hasn't been paid for months anyway!

Possibly the most embarrassing line ever posted on here.

To Stan as you are reading. I'm certainly not one to blow smoke up anyones a**e but don't take to many of these individuals serious. The politics of hate creep into every aspect of their lives so it s not personal to you.

Everyone will need each other over the next few weeks so lets all stay on board.

Kimura have hired that Laurie Pinto to act on Kimura behalf for the sale.

The Kimura chaps, have said speak to him.

My view, is somewhat that Ron is telling the truth with the hold up of the sale. It's like, the story ' boy cried wolf' we heard it all before.

Ron lost all my respect when knocking the loyal staff wages. 4 months to this point.

Any sensible person, struggling to pay wages should of sold up a long time ago! It's unethical and just bang out of order.

Bottom line - Ron has brought all of this all on to himself.

Maybe, the Kimura chaps are playing Ron to get him in a corner and agree there original terms? Has he meet his match? In this world, there is always someone that little bit nastier than u!!

We all just have to stick together as fans!

Lastly, that Dave Viger looks like a real life Desperate Dan!

Kimura have hired that Laurie Pinto to act on Kimura behalf for the sale.

The Kimura chaps, have said speak to him.

My view, is somewhat that Ron is telling the truth with the hold up of the sale. It's like, the story ' boy cried wolf' we heard it all before.

Ron lost all my respect when knocking the loyal staff wages. 4 months to this point.

Any sensible person, struggling to pay wages should of sold up a long time ago! It's unethical and just bang out of order.

Bottom line - Ron has brought all of this all on to himself.

Maybe, the Kimura chaps are playing Ron to get him in a corner and agree there original terms? Has he meet his match? In this world, there is always someone that little bit nastier than u!!

We all just have to stick together as fans!

Lastly, that Dave Viger looks like a real life Desperate Dan!

I hear what you are saying that if this was Kimura holding up the deal we wouldn't believe Ron anyway, however all the rumblings from credible sources would suggest this is entirely Ron's fault and he has been moving goalposts the entire time.

I hear what you are saying that if this was Kimura holding up the deal we wouldn't believe Ron anyway, however all the rumblings from credible sources would suggest this is entirely Ron's fault and he has been moving goalposts the entire time.
I don't think Ron has been moving the goalposts. He sends his son, Tom out in his old Audi to do it.

Have to disagree! The clubs in a bad state but I'm positive and know we willl have new owners! One thing I can guarantee is we won't end up like Bury or the other clubs u mention. Ive always said ron has to much to lose after coming this far!.
In which case you've probably always been wrong.

I genuinely believe that Ron started with best intentions and still wants to deliver. he wants to finish the job he started as his ego will be massively hit if he fails. But he has run out of money, interest rates are crippling him and he has decided to sell.

For a multitude of reasons that I'm not going to list here, that hasn't happened yet and time is now against us. We need an injection of cash very, very quickly if we are NOT to become like Bury. I frankly don't know where it's going to come from as even if a deal with Kimura was sorted on Monday, I'm not sure there's sufficient time between now and the start of the season for us to clear the debts in order to lift the embargo.

So what may happen is that the club will be expelled from the NL. With no football, Ron may just let the club fold. He then has two major land assets in Roots Hall and Fossets Farm that can be sold to a large developer such as Weston Homes, Wimpey, whoever. By getting the planning consents he has already effectively by-passed the Covenant on RH which says that it can't be demolished until there is another stadium built for the club to play in. The planning consent is granted subject to that.

If the club just ceases to exist, then Ron will just submit a revised planning application. It will be impossible for the Covenant to be adhered to as the football club will have gone under and the council isn't going to let RH become derelict.

It might take a little while but it will almost certainly be quicker than a phoenix club coming through all the levels until it is at a suitable size to play in a big stadium.

I genuinely believe that Ron started with best intentions and still wants to deliver. he wants to finish the job he started as his ego will be massively hit if he fails. But he has run out of money, interest rates are crippling him and he has decided to sell.

For a multitude of reasons that I'm not going to list here, that hasn't happened yet and time is now against us. We need an injection of cash very, very quickly if we are NOT to become like Bury. I frankly don't know where it's going to come from as even if a deal with Kimura was sorted on Monday, I'm not sure there's sufficient time between now and the start of the season for us to clear the debts in order to lift the embargo.

So what may happen is that the club will be expelled from the NL. With no football, Ron may just let the club fold. He then has two major land assets in Roots Hall and Fossets Farm that can be sold to a large developer such as Weston Homes, Wimpey, whoever. By getting the planning consents he has already effectively by-passed the Covenant on RH which says that it can't be demolished until there is another stadium built for the club to play in. The planning consent is granted subject to that.

If the club just ceases to exist, then Ron will just submit a revised planning application. It will be impossible for the Covenant to be adhered to as the football club will have gone under and the council isn't going to let RH become derelict.

It might take a little while but it will almost certainly be quicker than a phoenix club coming through all the levels until it is at a suitable size to play in a big stadium.
This has always been the worry. Was the reason over 20 years ago I said to Ron that some fans think he would shaft them. He denied it of course.
SUFC is a millstone round any businessman's neck. I do wonder why Kimura are interested. We've only unsubstantiated leaks and rumour. Time I think for Kris Tremaine to break cover and tell the fans what their plans are
. At the moment it's all anyone but Ron and for me that just isn't good enough.

What happens to the covenant if SUFC no longer exists ? Can RH be built on ?

The word is that Rons wife has really had enough of the whole situation.

I think a big part of him finally wanting to sell is the pressure from family, particularly his wife.

He has definitely been getting grief for all the abuse and protests Infront of the house etc.

So from that perspective, there has been an impact.

I do find this all confusing and without knowing exactly what Kimura want it makes it very difficult. My guess is that they are more interested in FF and the land than SUFC. So looking for options. Unfortunately the planning agreement with the council is fairly rigid about Roots Hall being demolished only when the FF is built up to a certain capacity. We want Ron to go and apparently he wants to as well but he would still have Roots Hall and the new stadium site as he needs them for the housing development. A real double bind. An option would be for Ron to fully disappear would be for him to sell or give Roots Hall and the FF stadium site to Kimura so he can get on with the housing. Unfortunately it would require a change in planning which I think he'd get but not in time. Until then I think he may hang on.

Roots Hall can not be pulled down and built on until a new stadium is built at Fossetts Farm, it is clearly stated n the planning permission that has been granted for Roots Hall, it also clearly states

"subsequently made available for use whether by Southend Football Club or any other Club"

Screenshot 2022-05-10 at 09.53.56.png

Roots Hall can not be pulled down and built on until a new stadium is built at Fossetts Farm, it is clearly stated n the planning permission that has been granted for Roots Hall, it also clearly states

"subsequently made available for use whether by Southend Football Club or any other Club"

View attachment 27378
The bottom line is the most telling.

Reason: To protect the sporting social and cultural function of Southend United Football Club

What happens to the covenant if SUFC no longer exists ? Can RH be built on ?
Covenant is likely made void although via the “any other club” route if a phoenix club can make a claim on the new stadium or even one of the borough’s existing non league teams (GWR or Manor) that could throw a spanner in the works, meaning that an equivalent stadium to RH would still need to be built. How such a claim would be made and rarified is anyone’s guess. Biggest likelihood though is the covenant becomes void.

I believe the problem here is that Kimura won't buy FF, whether that's because they can't afford it or they don't want to pay now for something that will only exist in 3 years time.

Obviously the cleanest option is that someone buys the whole of all of the developments and Ron cashes out, I doubt pockets are deep enough for that

I believe the problem here is that Kimura won't buy FF, whether that's because they can't afford it or they don't want to pay now for something that will only exist in 3 years time.

Obviously the cleanest option is that someone buys the whole of all of the developments and Ron cashes out, I doubt pockets are deep enough for that
I think they probaby do want to buy it as per the old plans.. The new RM ones have not even passed planning yet so i can't see how they can buy that. They problem as i see it is everything is tied together and the first step of making the training ground ready and being able to move on to BL seems miles off atm.

Really hoping we get some good news over the coming days. I know it’s wishful thinking, but maybe Ron’s wife has enough and tries talking some sense into him…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back