• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
What I find extraordinary is that there is anyone who thinks Ron would share with any staff what is going on?
My guess is it was hope. That the three amigos and Stan are still with the club is incredible. Quite easy to assume, albeit it’s now shown to be incorrect, that they’d picked up some crumbs of comfort or nuggets of info from Ron that convinced them we could get through all this crap. If we get to make future history, their legendary status only writes itself more strongly. They’re here because they know this club and their part in it is worth more than Ron Martin.

To all of them, we say a massive thank you.

If you all want me to stand down, I'll do it this evening, because some of the vitriol aimed at me is nothing short of a disgrace and to be frank only aimed at me because I'm the most contactable.
@StanCollymore - I think you know that the Internet breeds these nuggets like rats in sewers. You know we’re behind you and we can only hope for better days ahead. Really hope you continue to be a part of that. 🙌

Stan if anyone wants you to stand down then they are fools .Stan you are the only one who tells us what you can about what goes on behind the sceens I for one think you shopuld carry on and ignor the idiot few .You know stan we are all very touchy at present .Hopfully the sale will go ahead and peoples anger will slowly go away .Oh for happyer days for our club again That is the fans want .

What’s all this on David viger?? Has anyone heard this?
I believe @fredheim_holm heard his name mentioned as a creditor in the court hearing on Wednesday. He wasn't completely sure and I'm not sure if anybody else heard the same, but looking up his online presence, he certainly seems like an interesting guy. Whether or not he is involved or interested in buying the club, I have absolutely no idea.

If what RM said when quizzed this morning is true (I know…. big old if) and he did offer roots hall to kimura, then maybe he’s starting to see the goalposts need to move. Not sure they want it, they want the new stadium at I’d expect a discount on the build cost - but at least conversation is happening.

If what RM said when quizzed this morning is true (I know…. big old if) and he did offer roots hall to kimura, then maybe he’s starting to see the goalposts need to move. Not sure they want it, they want the new stadium at I’d expect a discount on the build cost - but at least conversation is happening.
Offering Roots Hall means they can lease it. No way he is giving them RH to buy. Never in a million.

So buy the club and lease roots hall for 3 years for nowt.

Nothings changed.

I believe @fredheim_holm heard his name mentioned as a creditor in the court hearing on Wednesday. He wasn't completely sure and I'm not sure if anybody else heard the same, but looking up his online presence, he certainly seems like an interesting guy. Whether or not he is involved or interested in buying the club, I have absolutely no idea.
That’s right, I’m 95% sure I heard his name mentioned around the time creditors were mentioned but it was moving fast and I didn’t get the full context, but wrote his name down phonetically as I heard it as I’d never heard of the man before.

Subsequent googling found an American with fingers in property, so I then tracked down his email address and informed him he was mentioned in UK court and asked if he had any comment. So far, no response.

You can call me Stan, firstly.

Secondly, there are no NDA's restricting me from saying anything.

Thirdly, since Ron's statement saying he's selling the club, nobody in the football department knows any privileged information about anything bar TL, as CEO. And the football department is clear that a running commentary on anything isn't forthcoming, nor should be.

Kev and the coaches will be given information on a "need to know" basis, just like every other coach of the club in the last 20 years. Ron owns the club and I would have thought that every single person reading this understands that Ron makes arbitrary decisions. If you don't understand this, I'll write 1467865322 examples down for you.

If you want my personal opinion on anything, I'll keep it very simple. The football department created a very good system to recruit football players, good football players were recruited, team was competitive as a consequence and that was obvious in style and substance. All of that good work due to an embargo is going to waste on a daily basis.

There is zero value in me standing outside Ron's house in solidarity because I currently have a role at the club. So my personal feelings of support and frustration are meaningless.

If you all want me to stand down, I'll do it this evening, because some of the vitriol aimed at me is nothing short of a disgrace and to be frank only aimed at me because I'm the most contactable.

If ex players like me gave as much of a care as I do, maybe much of the malaise of recent years wouldn't have happened, but nobody did stand up until having watched an omnishambles against Chesterfield I banged on Ron's door to offer help to the club. "He bought Tom and the coaches in but has done little else " isn't only factually incorrect but a direct insult to someone who has only EVER served the club well.

I know nothing.
I have been told nothing.
The football department whatsapp group is repleat with targets lost.
Commercial partners who've contacted me only want to sponsor when the situation is clear.

I understand the frustration of everyone. This is my club too.

But I don't update anything because this club is not functioning as a club. It functions as the owner's club with TL only privy to "some" of the ongoing situation. TL, who on more than a few occasions has literally stopped bailiffs, water and electricity companies calling in debts.

When I hear something, I'll pass it on to those amongst the supporter base who trust me and I trust them. As I've done from day one.

Finally, adjust your tone. Remember who you're taking to and ask "has this guy with a 30 year association with this club, deserve to be aggressively questioned ".

The answer is no.

Stan Collymore.
Thank you and very sorry Stan, emotions are running very high and I reached out because you are the most contactable as you say. Nobody wants you to stand down. You are a legend and always will be.

Offering Roots Hall means they can lease it. No way he is giving them RH to buy. Never in a million.

Nothings changed.
It doesn’t make sense does it on first pass. RH as a site. (with planning) is surely worth more than the cost of the new stadium? If they “can’t afford” the latter then they can’t afford the former. And it doesn’t sound like he’s offering a concession on the rent..

I have said previously if I was buying I would by the club and RH. And agree to sell RH back when the new ground was ready. That way I have club and a stadium day one, and strong collateral in the next phase.

He plays games. I wonder if this structure is least worst for both parties and can be done quickly? Always look under the covers…

Nothings changed.
Possibly. But then as you say in substantive terms nothing has changed. And his statement would be very misleading…of course you can say what’s new…

It doesn’t make sense does it on first pass. RH as a site. (with planning) is surely worth more than the cost of the new stadium? If they “can’t afford” the latter then they can’t afford the former. And it doesn’t sound like he’s offering a concession on the rent..

I have said previously if I was buying I would by the club and RH. And agree to sell RH back when the new ground was ready. That way I have club and a stadium day one, and strong collateral in the next phase.

He plays games. I wonder if this structure is least worst for both parties and can be done quickly? Always look under the covers…
That makes great sense. Let’s hope it’s something like that. £x million up front. This is ours and we are legally obliged to give it back in exchange for the stadium. Should you miss your target date Mr Martin… you need to pay x per month to get the roots hall site back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back