• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
You can call me Stan, firstly.

Secondly, there are no NDA's restricting me from saying anything.

Thirdly, since Ron's statement saying he's selling the club, nobody in the football department knows any privileged information about anything bar TL, as CEO. And the football department is clear that a running commentary on anything isn't forthcoming, nor should be.

Kev and the coaches will be given information on a "need to know" basis, just like every other coach of the club in the last 20 years. Ron owns the club and I would have thought that every single person reading this understands that Ron makes arbitrary decisions. If you don't understand this, I'll wrote 1467865322 examples down for you.

If you want my personal opinion on anything, I'll keep it very simple. The football department created a very good system to recruit football players, good football players were recruited, team was competitive as a consequence and that was obvious in style and substance. All of that good work due to an embargo is going to waste in a daily basis.

There is zero value in me standing outside Ron's house in solidarity because I have a role at the club. So my personal feelings of support and frustration are meaningless.

If you all want me to stand down, I'll do it this evening, some of the vitriol aimed at me is nothing short of a disgrace and to be frank only aimed at me because I'm the most contactable.

If ex players like me gave as much of a care as I do, maybe much of the malaise of recent years wouldn't have happened, but nobody did stand up until I did having watched an omnishambles against Chesterfield and banged on Ron's door to help the club. "He bought Tom and the coaches in but has done littke else " isn't only factually incorrect but a direct insult to a player almost universally put into an all time great team.

I know nothing.
I have been told nothing.
The football department whatsapp group is repleat with targets lost.
Commercial partners who've contacted me only want to sponsor when the situation is clear.

I understand the frustration of everyone. This is my club too.

But I don't update anything because this club is not functioning as a club. It functions as the owner's club with TL only privy to "some" of the ongoing situation. TL, who on more than a few occasions has literally stopped bailiffs, water and electricity companies calling in debts.

When I hear something, I'll pass it on to those amongst the supporter base who trust me and I trust them. As I've done from day one.

Finally, adjust your tone. Remember who you're taking to and ask "has this guy in a 30 year association with this club, deserved to be aggressively questioned ".

The answer is no.

Stan Collymore.
There will always be people in life who you wish were more adult in their reply’s. Ron is a law unto himself and the vast majority of us appreciate everything you do

Thirdly, since Ron's statement saying he's selling the club, nobody in the football department knows any privileged information about anything bar TL, as CEO. And the football department is clear that a running commentary on anything isn't forthcoming, nor should be.

Kev and the coaches will be given information on a "need to know" basis, just like every other coach of the club in the last 20 years. Ron owns the club and I would have thought that every single person reading this understands that Ron makes arbitrary decisions. If you don't understand this, I'll write 1467865322 examples down for you.

If you want my personal opinion on anything, I'll keep it very simple. The football department created a very good system to recruit football players, good football players were recruited, team was competitive as a consequence and that was obvious in style and substance. All of that good work due to an embargo is going to waste on a daily basis.

There is zero value in me standing outside Ron's house in solidarity because I currently have a role at the club. So my personal feelings of support and frustration are meaningless.

If you all want me to stand down, I'll do it this evening, because some of the vitriol aimed at me is nothing short of a disgrace and to be frank only aimed at me because I'm the most contactable.

If ex players like me gave as much of a care as I do, maybe much of the malaise of recent years wouldn't have happened, but nobody did stand up until having watched an omnishambles against Chesterfield I banged on Ron's door to offer help to the club. "He bought Tom and the coaches in but has done little else " isn't only factually incorrect but a direct insult to someone who has only EVER served the club well.

I know nothing.
Commercial partners who've contacted me only want to sponsor when the situation is clear.

But I don't update anything because this club is not functioning as a club. It functions as the owner's club with TL only privy to "some" of the ongoing situation. TL, who on more than a few occasions has literally stopped bailiffs, water and electricity companies calling in debts.

When I hear something, I'll pass it on to those amongst the supporter base who trust me and I trust them. As I've done from day one.

Finally, adjust your tone. Remember who you're taking to and ask "has this guy with a 30 year association with this club, deserve to be aggressively questioned ".

The answer is no.

Stan Collymore.
Did you get that? @Fitz

What I find extraordinary is that there is anyone who thinks Ron would share with any staff what is going on? Of course he doesn’t. If it wasn’t for the football department and TL hanging in there the situation would be worse, the damage worse and the opportunity to right the ship quickly under new owners less.

Focus the displeasure in one direction, at the owner. The staff, including the football dept and TL are NOT IN ANY WAY RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS MESS…

Kev and the coaches will be given information on a "need to know" basis, just like every other coach of the club in the last 20 years. Ron owns the club and I would have thought that every single person reading this understands that Ron makes arbitrary decisions. If you don't understand this, I'll write 1467865322 examples down for you.

If you want my personal opinion on anything, I'll keep it very simple. The football department created a very good system to recruit football players, good football players were recruited, team was competitive as a consequence and that was obvious in style and substance. All of that good work due to an embargo is going to waste on a daily basis.

There is zero value in me standing outside Ron's house in solidarity because I currently have a role at the club. So my personal feelings of support and frustration are meaningless.

If you all want me to stand down, I'll do it this evening, because some of the vitriol aimed at me is nothing short of a disgrace and to be frank only aimed at me because I'm the most contactable.

If ex players like me gave as much of a care as I do, maybe much of the malaise of recent years wouldn't have happened, but nobody did stand up until having watched an omnishambles against Chesterfield I banged on Ron's door to offer help to the club. "He bought Tom and the coaches in but has done little else " isn't only factually incorrect but a direct insult to someone who has only EVER served the club well.

I know nothing.

Finally, adjust your tone. Remember who you're taking to and ask "has this guy with a 30 year association with this club, deserve to be aggressively questioned ".

The answer is no.

Stan Collymore.
Reading your reply Stan made me realise that whilst we supporters are totally frustrated with all that's happening, it must be even more so for you and the team you have helped put together .
You have got the ball rolling magnificently, and to see all the good work slowly falling apart must be soul destroying .
I guess you and the coaching team can only do the same as the rest of us, and that's just hope and pray.

I know nothing.

The answer is no.

Stan Collymore.
Stan you are a true Southend legend in my eyes and everyone else’s eyes thank you for what you have done for our club and your club

I know nothing.

The answer is no.

Stan Collymore.
Stan, you’re the best we’ve ever had. We need you more than ever. We need this club to get back to where it belongs IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP (might be going the extra mile there). I have a question actually Stan. If the worse does happen and pray to god it doesn’t, would you support a Phoenix club like a “Southend City FC”? Many clubs have done this like AFC Wimbledon, Macclesfield FC, Bury FC and they’ve all be on the right path to success so far. Just wondering

I know nothing.

The answer is no.

Stan Collymore.
You are absolutely not the target here Stan. Many thousands of us appreciate everything you do for our club. Thank you.

I know nothing.

The answer is no.

Stan Collymore.
Legend.

Looks like the rumour tom paying for security outside Rons house is false?

I did think it unlikely, doesn't make a lot of sense.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230715_205625.jpg
    Screenshot_20230715_205625.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 320
Reactions: JAL
@StanCollymore
Thanks for what you do and have done. There are thousands who appreciate it and, as you say, a few dissenting voices lashing out at the most contactable.

But with your knowledge, the people you know and the vibe behind the scenes, all the stuff we aren't privy to and gavent a clue about... do you think we'll start the season? What does your gut instinct tell you?

Huge respect, Stan. People are desperate and looking for answers from anyone possible. Let's not turn on each other and focus that drive toward the common goal.

The change in our football changed like flicking a switch. Everyone can see that and it's testament to your work and the work of the team you helped bring together. Let's hope its not all in vain.

@StanCollymore

Can you shed some light on the football department side. How and are the boys training.

Whats your opinion on the Billericay fiasco. Will we be able to field a side to start the season.

Those poor staff and players still contracted could be forced to start a season without any real preparations.

Its unfair on the players and management stan. How are they feeling.

Someone needs to speak up for them. And make their position and feelings clear.

Cheers

@StanCollymore

Can you shed some light on the football department side. How and are the boys training.
Whats your opinion on the Billericay fiasco. Will we be able to field a side to start the season.
Those poor staff and players still contracted could be forced to start a season without any real preparations.
Its unfair on the players and management stan. How are they feeling.
Someone needs to speak up for them. And make their position and feelings clear.

Cheers
More chance of it snowing tonight, than Stan answering that. Not his remit to do so.

I know nothing.

The answer is no.

Stan Collymore.
We are all frustrated but I for one believe in your good self, and always will. You have been a breath of fresh air since swelling our ranks and I look forward to that continuing.
Thanks for all you have done, and I’m sure, will continue to do.

Statment or not we need this man gone We have had some bad chirman But ron you have got to one of the worse of them all After the large protest out side of your gaff toidayEither you are deaf with all the noise Or you snuck out without being seen .The noise of the fans today must tell you the hurt you are causing .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back