• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing that is most annoying is that permission on the Fossetts land is granted because of SUFC. For all the housing. That massively increases the value of the land. Ron needs the club to play in the stadium else it goes back down in value.

What about someone buying just the club - take the 3 year and build a stadium on another piece of greenbelt somewhere. Ron will be royally screwed and this would be very funny.

I get a feeling though that Ron might see through that plan and Im pretty sure there would be strong covenants in place , attached to the 3 year rental, to ensure he wasnt shafted ( as pleasant as that thought might be)

I note that the Judge insisted on a “personal guarantee” from RM, which I assume guarantees the debt will be settled within 42 days, either from his account or raised funds. Do any legal minds know if this is correct?

I get a feeling though that Ron might see through that plan and Im pretty sure there would be strong covenants in place , attached to the 3 year rental, to ensure he wasnt shafted ( as pleasant as that thought might be)
Yeah. I’m sure there are more holes in it than not. If something like that were to happen I’d start to believe in god

I note that the Judge insisted on a “personal guarantee” from RM, which I assume guarantees the debt will be settled within 42 days, either from his account or raised funds. Do any legal minds know if this is correct?
I think the personal guarantee was given prior to the hearing as part of the agreement with npower regarding settlement of their debt. Judge noted it I think but didn’t insist on any as part of the judgement…

OK Mr Martin so you are going to make a statement on Monday. Well if you do me like all shrimper .I don't want to hear all the bull **** that things are progressing slowly You know as we do an offer is on the table So take it by the end of next week Maybe it will give club a chance to bring in at least 3 players And get the out of contract player resigned So come on sto being an arsehole

Outstanding effort by all those who attended. Imagine the media coverage if we could get 10 times as many people there for next time.

This protest was carried out at very short notice.

If we could carry out another protest next week then that will give us another week to get ourselves ready and more organised.
Put the word out to other fans to turn up, show them pics of this weeks protest, get their juices flowing as it were.

Main rumour today was that the NL have given Ron until 28/7 to get this **** sorted. Would make sense I guess as that’s pay day and would give the NL time to decide what to do ahead of the Oldham game. If true it at least gives Ron a target date and no time for messing around anymore
28th July isn’t a bad date to be honest. Would suspect that this statement will be the biggest of them all on Monday but will probably mean nothing to us. TIME TO GO RON YOUR TIME IS UP! LET NEW OWNERS COME IN NOWWW!

OK Mr Martin so you are going to make a statement on Monday. Well if you do me like all shrimper .I don't want to hear all the bull **** that things are progressing slowly You know as we do an offer is on the table So take it by the end of next week Maybe it will give club a chance to bring in at least 3 players And get the out of contract player resigned So come on sto being an arsehole
Sorry, I may have missed it, but where is it said that Martin will make a statement on Monday?

Stanley Victor Collymore can you please tell us what the **** is going on, if you are reading any of these threads. Ignore all the NDA's, we the fans need to know and all this bull**** speculation is not good for any of our state of minds.

I feel like next week the NL will expel us or give us an ultimatum of a max 7 days to resolve this. What is the current sale status, what is the reasons holding this up? This needs to be made public, this is a community asset. We the fans deserve to know!
You can call me Stan, firstly.

Secondly, there are no NDA's restricting me from saying anything.

Thirdly, since Ron's statement saying he's selling the club, nobody in the football department knows any privileged information about anything bar TL, as CEO. And the football department is clear that a running commentary on anything isn't forthcoming, nor should be.

Kev and the coaches will be given information on a "need to know" basis, just like every other coach of the club in the last 20 years. Ron owns the club and I would have thought that every single person reading this understands that Ron makes arbitrary decisions. If you don't understand this, I'll write 1467865322 examples down for you.

If you want my personal opinion on anything, I'll keep it very simple. The football department created a very good system to recruit football players, good football players were recruited, team was competitive as a consequence and that was obvious in style and substance. All of that good work due to an embargo is going to waste on a daily basis.

There is zero value in me standing outside Ron's house in solidarity because I currently have a role at the club. So my personal feelings of support and frustration are meaningless.

If you all want me to stand down, I'll do it this evening, because some of the vitriol aimed at me is nothing short of a disgrace and to be frank only aimed at me because I'm the most contactable.

If ex players like me gave as much of a care as I do, maybe much of the malaise of recent years wouldn't have happened, but nobody did stand up until having watched an omnishambles against Chesterfield I banged on Ron's door to offer help to the club. "He bought Tom and the coaches in but has done little else " isn't only factually incorrect but a direct insult to someone who has only EVER served the club well.

I know nothing.
I have been told nothing.
The football department whatsapp group is repleat with targets lost.
Commercial partners who've contacted me only want to sponsor when the situation is clear.

I understand the frustration of everyone. This is my club too.

But I don't update anything because this club is not functioning as a club. It functions as the owner's club with TL only privy to "some" of the ongoing situation. TL, who on more than a few occasions has literally stopped bailiffs, water and electricity companies calling in debts.

When I hear something, I'll pass it on to those amongst the supporter base who trust me and I trust them. As I've done from day one.

Finally, adjust your tone. Remember who you're taking to and ask "has this guy with a 30 year association with this club, deserve to be aggressively questioned ".

The answer is no.

Stan Collymore.

Last edited:
A supporter for 56 years and most definitely a glass half full …won’t happen to me sort of person … In truth I am still a bit in denial that the club I love may not exist in a few days time !

In my mind though … the situation at the club with players leaving, not able to sign replacements, no medical staff, not able to play friendlies, the season starts in 3 weeks, RM thinking he has another 42 days to sort it out ! …. AND ZERO COMMUNICATION TO THE FANS FROM ANYONE AT THE CLUB OR NATIONAL LEAGUE etc etc …

So why are SVC, TL, the 3 amigos, John Still still at the club. I‘m clinging to the hope that they must know a little bit more than the rest of us. I

I don’t think John Still has any real ties to the club and his job is to identify players for the club to sign so would assume his financial remuneration is somehow linked to profit made on the sale of players he has scouted … in which case with players able to terminate their contracts and leave for free and no sign of the embargo being removed why hasn’t John Still taken his services somewhere that can make use of them ?

My hope is that they know something we don’t … it’s the hope that I cling to.

UP THE BLUES !
Because we give a ****. But we all are running on fumes.

Nobody knows anything, there are no secret briefings, we are all here only as we promised, that given the tools, we can get the club quickly into the league, with a top class structure and competitive team.

That. Is. It.

Main rumour today was that the NL have given Ron until 28/7 to get this **** sorted. Would make sense I guess as that’s pay day and would give the NL time to decide what to do ahead of the Oldham game. If true it at least gives Ron a target date and no time for messing around anymore
Oh what a birthday present! Excellent 😂😂😂

You can call me Stan, firstly.

Secondly, there are no NDA's restricting me from saying anything.

Thirdly, since Ron's statement saying he's selling the club, nobody in the football department knows any privileged information about anything bar TL, as CEO. And the football department is clear that a running commentary on anything isn't forthcoming, nor should be.

Kev and the coaches will be given information on a "need to know" basis, just like every other coach of the club in the last 20 years. Ron owns the club and I would have thought that every single person reading this understands that Ron makes arbitrary decisions. If you don't understand this, I'll wrote 1467865322 examples down for you.

If you want my personal opinion on anything, I'll keep it very simple. The football department created a very good system to recruit football players, good football players were recruited, team was competitive as a consequence and that was obvious in style and substance. All of that good work due to an embargo is going to waste in a daily basis.

There is zero value in me standing outside Ron's house in solidarity because I have a role at the club. So my personal feelings of support and frustration are meaningless.

If you all want me to stand down, I'll do it this evening, some of the vitriol aimed at me is nothing short of a disgrace and to be frank only aimed at me because I'm the most contactable.

If ex players like me gave as much of a care as I do, maybe much of the malaise of recent years wouldn't have happened, but nobody did stand up until I did having watched an omnishambles against Chesterfield and banged on Ron's door to help the club. "He bought Tom and the coaches in but has done littke else " isn't only factually incorrect but a direct insult to a player almost universally put into an all time great team.

I know nothing.
I have been told nothing.
The football department whatsapp group is repleat with targets lost.
Commercial partners who've contacted me only want to sponsor when the situation is clear.

I understand the frustration of everyone. This is my club too.

But I don't update anything because this club is not functioning as a club. It functions as the owner's club with TL only privy to "some" of the ongoing situation. TL, who on more than a few occasions has literally stopped bailiffs, water and electricity companies calling in debts.

When I hear something, I'll pass it on to those amongst the supporter base who trust me and I trust them. As I've done from day one.

Finally, adjust your tone. Remember who you're taking to and ask "has this guy in a 30 year association with this club, deserved to be aggressively questioned ".

The answer is no.

Stan Collymore.
Ignore it Stan. One or two voices like this, thousands know you are sitting alongside us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back