• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Exeter? You want to nip that in the bud mate 😂
I too haven’t been to RH for a fair while since moving away from Westcliff in the ‘90s and as an exile feel pretty bloody helpless at the moment. I do away’s to Torquay etc but not the same as being in the West at RH. My thoughts are with you all in Southend and all exiles tomorrow and hope the time comes when, as a club, we fight as one.
UP THE BLUES.
In a perverse way, I’m proud that they’re supporting their local side and not Man City, Utd, Liverpool like many at their school. And Exeter is a brilliant club. I was there the night they won promotion. Great atmosphere etc but not even close to the joy of Southend’s promotions through the years. We can’t lose them.

Hi beefy I think at the moment we all Need to talk to someone I really thought we would have some outcome on Wednesday good or bad but nothing so it still goes on with that evil man in charge. Have a good weekend
I know some of you guys are suffering with your mental wellbeing with all this 💩 going on. Listen to the offers to reach out and take advantage of them. We all have individual brake points and life drivers that make us what we are. For those of us who have a support network and other happy distractions in our daily life count yourself lucky but please be aware of those that need the sense of belonging and family being a Shrimper gives them.

I just want to confirm that the 3rd bidder is only interested in buying the club . It does not have sufficient resources to buy the stadium . Ron is quite happy with this outcome but would have much preferred to sell the stadium as part of the deal . Unfortunately , the other two bidders have not been able to come up with viable plans that are acceptable to him. It is therefore likely that he will be forced into a position where he has no alternative but to accept the terms set out by the 3rd bidder . The people behind the 3rd bid are now carrying out DD and taking the owners and directors text . Any significant problem unearthed by the DD will be the responsibility of Ron to sort out . The paperwork involved in buying a football club is considerable and will take a few weeks to complete . Meanwhile , there is absolutely no point in continuing with protests and boycotts. It is now time for fans to step up to the plate and buy their season cards for the new campaign . The lads on the pitch need to know they enjoy the full support of the fans.

Cheers for that piece of your mind, so generous when there is so little of it to go round!

Now F**K o** and when you get there F**K o** again!

IMG_5007.jpeg
All this talk of RH looking derelict - yeah the outside doesn’t look great and it never has to be fair.

But am I the only one who thinks that pitch looks great?! Grass might be a bit long, but it’s definitely well looked after and will definitely be ready for the new season. Photo courtesy of briancjeeves on twitter (although adding a sepiatone filter to a photo to try a prove a point is poor - not this one but another he shared)

Can’t make the protest this weekend for obvious reasons but will be with you all in spirit.

However if someone turned up with a ‘Martin Out’ banner at the England v Haiti Women’s World Cup game next week do you think they’d get thrown out? Asking for a friend…

I would advise your friend to get agreement for someone to hold the other end and make sure it is prominently positioned to get picked up by the TV cameras.

My take on all things Southend, thanks to @CRATE for the opportunity

My dad used to take me to games when I was really young, the first game I remember was a Milk-Cup game in 1986(?) when Ricky Cadette scored 4 against Orient. The thing I remember most about it was the PA speakers blaring out Madonna's 'Step into the groove'. during the half-time interval. And so I became a lifelong shrimper, apropos of a pop song.

That's my story, we all have our stories. You taking the time to record your story, so very well put, is why there will always be a football club in Southend, irrespective of the damage that RM is doing to the club.

Thanks for sharing.

It's also worth remembering that we are not alone in our plight - fans from other clubs are thinking of us and even in some cases donating money for us. Well done the York City Supporters Trust for holding a collection for Southend tomorrow. And well done for their Twitter comments:

“When our club was at its lowest fans and clubs up and down the country supported us, we haven't forgotten their kindness. What is happening at Southend is shameful. The Shrimpers Trust are fighting for Southend United and are fundraising to help and protect it's loyal staff."

My dad used to take me to games when I was really young, the first game I remember was a Milk-Cup game in 1986(?) when Ricky Cadette scored 4 against Orient. The thing I remember most about it was the PA speakers blaring out Madonna's 'Step into the groove'. during the half-time interval. And so I became a lifelong shrimper, apropos of a pop song.

That's my story, we all have our stories. You taking the time to record your story, so very well put, is why there will always be a football club in Southend, irrespective of the damage that RM is doing to the club.

Thanks for sharing.
Thank you

Stanley Victor Collymore can you please tell us what the **** is going on, if you are reading any of these threads. Ignore all the NDA's, we the fans need to know and all this bull**** speculation is not good for any of our state of minds.

I feel like next week the NL will expel us or give us an ultimatum of a max 7 days to resolve this. What is the current sale status, what is the reasons holding this up? This needs to be made public, this is a community asset. We the fans deserve to know!

Stanley Victor Collymore can you please tell us what the **** is going on, if you are reading any of these threads. Ignore all the NDA's, we the fans need to know and all this bull**** speculation is not good for any of our state of minds.

I feel like next week the NL will expel us or give us an ultimatum of a max 7 days to resolve this. What is the current sale status, what is the reasons holding this up? This needs to be made public, this is a community asset. We the fans deserve to know!
He doesn’t know. It seems like Tom Lawrence doesn’t know. Only Martins know.

He's already posted on here, he doesn't know anything, he's not involved, he's not been spoken to about it, he knows nothing.

He's already posted on here, he doesn't know anything, he's not involved, he's not been spoken to about it, he knows nothing.

Does that warrant his silence on the matter?

If he is in fear of going against Ron because he will get sacked, someone should tell him that if he says nothing, there will be no job for him. There will be no club to support.

I just want to confirm that the 3rd bidder is only interested in buying the club . It does not have sufficient resources to buy the stadium . Ron is quite happy with this outcome but would have much preferred to sell the stadium as part of the deal . Unfortunately , the other two bidders have not been able to come up with viable plans that are acceptable to him. It is therefore likely that he will be forced into a position where he has no alternative but to accept the terms set out by the 3rd bidder . The people behind the 3rd bid are now carrying out DD and taking the owners and directors text . Any significant problem unearthed by the DD will be the responsibility of Ron to sort out . The paperwork involved in buying a football club is considerable and will take a few weeks to complete . Meanwhile , there is absolutely no point in continuing with protests and boycotts. It is now time for fans to step up to the plate and buy their season cards for the new campaign . The lads on the pitch need to know they enjoy the full support of the fans.
Thanks for this information. The key point, however, is that someone who has not fulfilled their most basic duties as owner - like paying Southend United employees and ensuring the club meets its financial obligations - cannot expect to dictate the terms of the sale of the football club.

If Southend was not under an embargo, free from winding up orders, and all its staff were paid on time, few supporters would begrudge the owner having the last word on the terrms of selling the club. But RM has not fulfilled the most basic requirements of being a fit and proper owner and seems quite prepared to destroy the club he says he loves in order to get the sort of sale he wants.

If RM really wanted to improve the immediate situation of Southend United, he would immediately contact Kimura - the only party to have tabled a substantial offer - and sit down with their representatives to identify the difference between he wants and what is being offered and then work round the clock to negotiate a compromise that would satisfy both parties. This should not be too difficult given that the Chairman has already accepted Kimura's bid on 2 June and that he is "motivated" to sell.

If RM wants to preserve Southend United as a professional football club, he needs to act with urgency and energy and accept that he has largely forfeited the right to dictate the terms of a sale to Kimura. If RM cannot compromise with Kimura within days, he runs the risk of losing everything. The supporters of the club have clearly had enough and the National League are fully aware that RM has failed to meet his fundamental obligations as a owner and will not be sitting it out for the next 42 days.

If he is in fear of going against Ron because he will get sacked, someone should tell him that if he says nothing, there will be no job for him. There will be no club to support.

Stan is part of the Football Department, just like the Three Amigos and John Still, I don't see you badgering any of those others to speak up? I'd rather have Stan on the inside ready to help the new owners once Ron The Weasel is gone.

This is far far far from it, look on his account posts on here, he's already explained his side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back