• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
If we get ejected from the NL then nobody will buy us. Nobody will settle the debts. Eviction from the NL is the same thing as the end of the club. I can't believe it is now so near. Still hoping though. A lot can happen in a week or so.

Iā€™m 44. Iā€™ve not lived anywhere near Southend since I was 9. My Nan (lifelong Southend resident) died in 2009 - and since then, Iā€™ve had no reason other than the Shrimpers to return. Iā€™ve been to RH a few times, but mainly Iā€™m an away fan. I was fortunate enough to be at Torquay in Feb. It was the first time Iā€™d seen Southend win, in person, since my 11 year old daughter was 4 weeks old (Wimbledon, 4-1 at Kingsmeadowā€™ NYE 2011). I get to approx 4/5 away games a year on average. I saw many draws and defeats in that time.

This club remains my last link (along with Essex CCC) with my roots. Iā€™m sure many Exiles are in a similar boat. Iā€™m slightly cursed by my exposure to Devonā€™s clubs. My daughters are growing up Exeter fans - as a Southend fan the equivalent of a Bullseye ā€œhereā€™s what you could have wonā€. They get everything spot on. Then thereā€™s Plymouth: similar sized city (and club) but miles from anywhere, always struggles to sign to players due to location. Weā€™re on the fringes of London - none of those barriers.

Iā€™m an optimist by nature. I assume something favourable will come up. But feels like weā€™re out of time. How has this happened? My thanks to everyone protesting, my thanks to everyone who has promoted the cause of the staff. So many good people around this club.

Donā€™t give up.

I think somebody should make it clear that nearly everyone here seems to not only respect but also loves SVC (remember all those years ago the last game of the season v. Luton? How much love does one man need?). There has been precious little criticism of anybody at the club working on the football side. Great job in really difficult circumstances.

But right now this club appears to be on the brink. Ron Martin is truly toxic to 98% of fans. So anyone connected with him must expect difficult questions. - even if they are not in any position to answer.

Fans will be thrilled if this get sorted and Stan, Kevin and the team remain to take us forward.

Last edited:
To whichever member of the Martin clan you are - UNDERSTAND THIS - if the Martin family remain involved with the club as owner or landlord then the club will simply die.

Years of incompetence have brought our club here, and donā€™t mention COVID as every other club had to deal with it and survive.

I would prefer to walk away from my club after 51 years of support rather than have ANYTHING to do with the Martin clan
Agreed I hate Ron martin and his pathetic fraggle son more than I love Southend

Ever since Wednesday Iā€™ve been crying so so much. I canā€™t bare to think that in 39 days our club could go bust. Never ever would you think another club could but here we are in 2023 with us being the next one šŸ˜­šŸ˜­šŸ˜­. THANKS RON šŸ˜­šŸ˜­šŸ˜­šŸ˜­šŸ˜­šŸ˜­

Reach out mate if you need to talk.

Fwiw I.hope that the club changes course and lots of people find relief from it.

Have the Trust been in communication with the national league as to the outcome of the meeting they held. Didn't know if the Trust could share if they knew of any stipulations or deadlines set down by the league as a result of that meeting?

Well done Tommy.

This whole situation is bleak but guys please there's more to life than football even if it doesn't always feel like it. If you're struggling please talk to someone.
Hi beefy I think at the moment we all Need to talk to someone I really thought we would have some outcome on Wednesday good or bad but nothing so it still goes on with that evil man in charge. Have a good weekend

Iā€™m 44. Iā€™ve not lived anywhere near Southend since I was 9. My Nan (lifelong Southend resident) died in 2009 - and since then, Iā€™ve had no reason other than the Shrimpers to return. Iā€™ve been to RH a few times, but mainly Iā€™m an away fan. I was fortunate enough to be at Torquay in Feb. It was the first time Iā€™d seen Southend win, in person, since my 11 year old daughter was 4 weeks old (Wimbledon, 4-1 at Kingsmeadowā€™ NYE 2011). I get to approx 4/5 away games a year on average. I saw many draws and defeats in that time.

This club remains my last link (along with Essex CCC) with my roots. Iā€™m sure many Exiles are in a similar boat. Iā€™m slightly cursed by my exposure to Devonā€™s clubs. My daughters are growing up Exeter fans - as a Southend fan the equivalent of a Bullseye ā€œhereā€™s what you could have wonā€. They get everything spot on. Then thereā€™s Plymouth: similar sized city (and club) but miles from anywhere, always struggles to sign to players due to location. Weā€™re on the fringes of London - none of those barriers.

Iā€™m an optimist by nature. I assume something favourable will come up. But feels like weā€™re out of time. How has this happened? My thanks to everyone protesting, my thanks to everyone who has promoted the cause of the staff. So many good people around this club.

Donā€™t give up.
Exeter? You want to nip that in the bud mate šŸ˜‚
I too havenā€™t been to RH for a fair while since moving away from Westcliff in the ā€˜90s and as an exile feel pretty bloody helpless at the moment. I do awayā€™s to Torquay etc but not the same as being in the West at RH. My thoughts are with you all in Southend and all exiles tomorrow and hope the time comes when, as a club, we fight as one.
UP THE BLUES.

Have the Trust been in communication with the national league as to the outcome of the meeting they held. Didn't know if the Trust could share if they knew of any stipulations or deadlines set down by the league as a result of that meeting?
Hi, we are not aware of anything from the national league yet. We have chased them today but currently expecting silence from them. We will continue to chase over the next few days.

Thr longer this goes on the worse things get. Like maintenance of the ground and pitch. Maintenance of training ground. We won't be ready to play professional football in three weeks. The more thd club is neglected the more its going to cost to rectify it. Even if a buyer can be found and convinced Ron to sell we won't be ready. I've got a bad feeling about this.

In football, a once vibrant community pulses with hope. Yet, a man fueled by greed, destroying lives and tarnishing the legacy of Southend United. Like a misguided puppeteer, his strings of avarice manipulate the beautiful game. But fear not, for this villain shall be exposed, and the spirit of the club will rise from the ashes, reclaiming its rightful place in the football leauge and hearts of the community. Together, we shall write a new chapter, where integrity triumphs and the love of the game reigns supreme. šŸ¤žšŸ’™

the reality is we are the club ...

the fans are a club - we could raise the money ourselves rather than handing it over

One reality of business is that money talks - 2.5 m - is a lot of money and its liquid - not tied up in mortgages/loans etc

Another reality is possession is 9/10ths of the law ..

Buy the club for a quid -

125k pcm running costs - equals 1.25 million in 10 months - we would have it

revitalise RH and deal with RM and hios fantasy debt and fantasy stadium the same way he deals with people - i.e. see you in court loser.

- other clubs have done this and thrived .

time to get off our knees
the reality is we are the club ...

the fans are a club - we could raise the money ourselves rather than handing it over

One reality of business is that money talks - 2.5 m - is a lot of money and its liquid - not tied up in mortgages/loans etc

Another reality is possession is 9/10ths of the law ..

Buy the club for a quid -

125k pcm running costs - equals 1.25 million in 10 months - we would have it

revitalise RH and deal with RM and hios fantasy debt and fantasy stadium the same way he deals with people - i.e. see you in court loser.

- other clubs have done this and thrived .

time to get off our knees
Baldrick would be proud of this cunning plan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back