• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets say Ron is feeling generous and decides not to make you pay the £20m owed to creditors...

No-one (apart from a few posters on a fan website) take RMs debt seriously ..

You still need to buy the Fossetts Farm stadium or you'll be back at square one. Southend United at Roots Hall is not a viable prospect.

Nope - there is nothing there - no interest in it at all -

You either renovate Roots Hall instead of moving to Fossets Farm which will cost a **** tonne or you buy the Fossetts Farm stadium which will cost a **** tonne

Keeping RH functioning will cost a bit ..... but a lot less than FF

Lets say Ron is feeling generous and decides not to make you pay the £20m owed to creditors...

You still need to buy the Fossetts Farm stadium or you'll be back at square one. Southend United at Roots Hall is not a viable prospect.

You either renovate Roots Hall instead of moving to Fossets Farm which will cost a **** tonne or you buy the Fossetts Farm stadium which will cost a **** tonne

They do say when you are in a hole stop digging and you would do well to do just that.

Like I said. Fantasy Land.

People have explained it to you but it's a lost cause at this point.

I’m in too why not. Fan ownership needs to be implemented at all football clubs. 51% for fans is the way to go in this modern era. A community run football club would be great. I think there’s a country where the government basically stated that fans need to own 51% of the football club…
If you are referring to Germany it’s not quite people think it means.

For instance it’s only a requirement in the top two divisions even then some clubs such as Wolfsburg and Bayer have exemption others such as RB only have a handful of members who have to pay significant sums each season.

I don’t think anyone disagrees with fans having far more a say but at this point in time anyone thinking SUFC fans could get close to taking control then sorry they are not facing reality quite simply the finances and complications and legal challenges fans would face is too vast to contemplate

I am sure the next owners will pay RM zero towards this "debt" ..
Seriously Rayleigh Boy are you on a wind up?

Even if Ron were to write off any debt owed to him or inter company the new owners would have to incur considerable cost in maintaining Roots Hall, paying the staff and other football related debts as well as any other creditors of the football club. There is one creditor alone that I know of who is owed £1.5m. That’s before they even start running the football club.

That’s why Ron is willing to sell for £1. He will be able to walk away from the debt whilst retaining the 2 truly valuable commodities of RH and FF.

The only way that they can recover only part of the money they put in is by selling the club themselves to another buyer further down the line when the club has been stabilised . Club survival is the name of the game right now . So, this bid is in the best interest of the club.
They are buying the club in the hope to sell it later at a greater value. How does that work then ? How will they increase the value of a club with no stadium and no source of income other than ticket money ? It doesn’t work now so what will change the position ?

Basically from your response this isn’t the best option for the club, merely a hospital pass to some unsuspecting crowd who can be blamed when it all goes pear shaped.

Again I ask what is the plan to turn the club around from its current state given nothing will change from the currently failing income prospective ?

Seriously Rayleigh Boy are you on a wind up?

Even if Ron were to write off any debt owed to him or inter company the new owners would have to incur considerable cost in maintaining Roots Hall, paying the staff and other football related debts as well as any other creditors of the football club. There is one creditor alone that I know of who is owed £1.5m. That’s before they even start running the football club.

That’s why Ron is willing to sell for £1. He will be able to walk away from the debt whilst retaining the 2 truly valuable commodities of RH and FF.
You could go down the legal challenge route and challenge every creditor. Once you’ve ended up with legal fees and gone through mediation they would end up with x in the £.

Don’t get me wrong it’s not a quick fix or an easy fix but let’s be honest if you’ve done business with Ron then this should have been expected.

You could go down the legal challenge route and challenge every creditor. Once you’ve ended up with legal fees and gone through mediation they would end up with x in the £.

Don’t get me wrong it’s not a quick fix or an easy fix but let’s be honest if you’ve done business with Ron then this should have been expected.
That would be true if any of the creditors were disputed by the club. As far as I am led to believe they aren’t and the debts are properly evidenced.

That would be true if any of the creditors were disputed by the club. As far as I am led to believe they aren’t and the debts are properly evidenced.
Seems fair, though if it were me and I was left with a ton of debt that shouldn’t have been there in the first place I’d definitely try.

Did they not say they can't build on rootshall until fossils is built. So what does the idiot Martin stand to gain if he doesn't sell the club .Surely no sothend United means no fossetts farm .So his little fortune won't work

Did they not say they can't build on rootshall until fossils is built. So what does the idiot Martin stand to gain if he doesn't sell the club .Surely no sothend United means no fossetts farm .So his little fortune won't work
In theory the council could oversee the removal of said covenant to ensure they get the housing they require.

Though no deal is done with the council and with rates where they are that deal will not be the same as it would have been when planning was first agreed.

Seems fair, though if it were me and I was left with a ton of debt that shouldn’t have been there in the first place I’d definitely try.
I don’t think it’s a case of debt that shouldn’t have been there.

If you had lent the club a substantial amount of money to pay a tax bill and to support it through some difficult times I have no doubt you’d ensure that it was properly evidenced.

I just want to confirm that the 3rd bidder is only interested in buying the club . It does not have sufficient resources to buy the stadium . Ron is quite happy with this outcome but would have much preferred to sell the stadium as part of the deal . Unfortunately , the other two bidders have not been able to come up with viable plans that are acceptable to him. It is therefore likely that he will be forced into a position where he has no alternative but to accept the terms set out by the 3rd bidder . The people behind the 3rd bid are now carrying out DD and taking the owners and directors text . Any significant problem unearthed by the DD will be the responsibility of Ron to sort out . The paperwork involved in buying a football club is considerable and will take a few weeks to complete . Meanwhile , there is absolutely no point in continuing with protests and boycotts. It is now time for fans to step up to the plate and buy their season cards for the new campaign . The lads on the pitch need to know they enjoy the full support of the fans.
What a load of old tosh.

I just want to confirm that the 3rd bidder is only interested in buying the club . It does not have sufficient resources to buy the stadium . Ron is quite happy with this outcome but would have much preferred to sell the stadium as part of the deal . Unfortunately , the other two bidders have not been able to come up with viable plans that are acceptable to him. It is therefore likely that he will be forced into a position where he has no alternative but to accept the terms set out by the 3rd bidder . The people behind the 3rd bid are now carrying out DD and taking the owners and directors text . Any significant problem unearthed by the DD will be the responsibility of Ron to sort out . The paperwork involved in buying a football club is considerable and will take a few weeks to complete . Meanwhile , there is absolutely no point in continuing with protests and boycotts. It is now time for fans to step up to the plate and buy their season cards for the new campaign . The lads on the pitch need to know they enjoy the full support of the fans.
F*ck off you patronising prick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back