• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
So in who’s best interest is the 3rd bidder …is this bid in the best interest of the club ?

Given they will be taking on the exact situation that we find ourselves in currently, how do they plan to clear the debts, fund the club and recover the money they have put in ?
The only way that they can recover only part of the money they put in is by selling the club themselves to another buyer further down the line when the club has been stabilised . Club survival is the name of the game right now . So, this bid is in the best interest of the club.

This is what I believe he's doing. He's such a greedy **** that he wants the stadium also, so that he can make money out of it .

This is why he'll use Kimura, who want to buy the club and stadium until some chancer/mate of his can just buy the club (who in their right mind would) and then we can continue to get totally shafted whilst him and this new investor have it off. The question is how do we stop it?.

I assume Ron is no longer replying to e-mails. Was going to fire one over
Try and get send one with more than 50 letters mate.

Personally I think maybe the new owners will buy the club but then and Ron will discuss Fossets Farm in the future. For me I just want the club sold, all debts paid, all employees paid, everything paid. Then get some players through the door. That would at least be a start!
Kimura: So, we buy the insolvent club with next to no assets for a quid and pay all the debts, spruce up the Hall for the foreseeable, sink dosh in to the club to make it functional again... and we sort of FF later at a reasonable price later on?

RM: Sure.

Kimura: Scouts honour?

RM: Scouts honour, pinky promise, cross my heart, swear on my wife's life and, most importantly, you have MY word.

Kimura: Blimey... can't say fairer than that.

Hhhhhmmmmm, I don't think so.

The only way that they can recover only part of the money they put in is by selling the club themselves to another buyer further down the line when the club has been stabilised by going into administration and clearing our debts. Club survival is the name of the game right now . So, this bid is in the best interest of the club.
corrected for accuracy.

Kimura: So, we buy the insolvent club with next to no assets for a quid and pay all the debts, spruce up the Hall for the foreseeable, sink dosh in to the club to make it functional again... and we sort of FF later at a reasonable price later on?

RM: Scouts honour, pinky promise, cross my heart, swear on my wife's life and, most importantly, you have MY word.

Kimura: in that case -no thanks we've changed our mind
edited for accuracy

Kimura: Blimey... can't say fairer than that.

Hhhhhmmmmm, I don't think so.
Okay when you put it like that it doesn’t sound like a good deal… unless you’ve got like 200 mil plus in the bank. I just want someone who’s a die hard fan just to save the club from going bust to be honest.

I think it’s also time to maybe plan a Phoenix club maybe put it in place for this season…

I've been trying for months (and especially the last few weeks) to take the emotion out of this and try to apply some kind of logic to the demise.

What I would love to know is the difference (very rough estimation) between how much £ Ron gets out of this if he gets his way, vs if Kimura get theirs. Clearly if the difference is hundreds of millions, it's an understandable stumbling block....and this is before we consider that Ron clearly doesn't take anyone's feelings into account.

I completely get he is a compulsive liar, don’t get me wrong. We all know it, so why do we demand statements, communication and to be kept in the loop when we aren’t going to believe a word that comes out of his mouth?

It’s a catch 22. We rightly gets stick for treating us like **** and not keeping us informed. So, eventually he puts out a hastily penned statement, which we have 10/15 pages on here tearing it apart. It’s not surprise he keeps his mouth shut most of the time.
It’s not catch 22 at all.
He got grief because the statement covered a small percentage of what we wanted to hear and reaffirmed people’s perception of him

I'm sorry @Rayleigh boy but you are the current reason as to why a fan ownership would not work. You are failing to notice the basics of how it would work, where the funding is coming from, how much money is owed and who by, the list goes on.

this is a meaningless vapid answer with no substance ... just an excuse to do FA

Politics comes into everything.

He needs the football club to get Fossetts to work. That's always been where the money is. Could be salvage a Plan B without it? Sure but it'll take longer and won't net him as much.
What I meant was that the local politicians when it comes to planning matters, can play to the crowd and vote against schemes but ultimately the planning directorate will grant consent if the plan fits the national criteria

I agree he has to make FF work but no where does it say that FF can’t go ahead ( as per the agreed plans or who knows even with the amendments) if SUFC is no longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back