• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
A very sensible suggestion of yours and I will put it to the people in charge when I next meet them . They are very good people who have supported the club for many years and I can see no good reason why they should meet all this hostility on the forum . The more backers they have the better chance there is for moving the club forward .
when you meet them ? phone, email, time of the essence and all that or it really will take months

So a multitude of people have categorically said there is not a 2nd or 3rd bidder, but yourself and possibly one other has said there is, care to share more?

Edit: Waiting for the 'oh no sorry, cannot do that to my sources Ron, they he will put me in the dog house and take my ice cream away'.
Corrected your mistakes for you.

Gents. If we are indeed expelled from the league as feels increasingly likely, does anyone know where we end up? Isthmian League? or right at the very bottom? Ground share with Southend Manor?

(and pretending for a second that a new owner would still be incoming)

The 'Ronvoiant' chap seems to think 'a few weeks' which is clearly too long when we can't field a team for a friendly!

Unfortunately you're in no position to say whether the deal can go through quickly or not, none of us can.
Can only go by what we are led to believe- that DD is done and an offer is on the table and has been for over a week? If the deal can't go through quickly then that's probably it- staff already not paid for months, we can't prepare for new season etc. etc. But my hope is if Kimura thought it was to late to save the club,then that offer wouldn't still be on the table. My perspective anyway.

I guess the key point is that it has to go through quickly (cans and cants are kind of neither here or there...)

A very sensible suggestion of yours and I will put it to the people in charge when I next meet them . They are very good people who have supported the club for many years and I can see no good reason why they should meet all this hostility on the forum . The more backers they have the better chance there is for moving the club forward .

They might be good people but if they haven't got the cash to buy the club and stadium from the cretin and rid us of this vile littleman. Then we don't want them.

Pass the message on to take their measly offer and shove it.

Gents. If we are indeed expelled from the league as feels increasingly likely, does anyone know where we end up? Isthmian League? or right at the very bottom? Ground share with Southend Manor?

The 'Ronvoiant' chap seems to think 'a few weeks' which is clearly too long when we can't field a team for a friendly!

All the lower leagues have put out fixtures, i dont think they would accept SUFC in our current zombie state. Have a read up on Bury from a few years ago - they went a whole season without being in a league

As unpopular as is it, what The Clairvoyant has said would keep the club going even if it was only for a season. This would then allow more time for Kimura or someone else to complete a takeover of the whole football package without the current worry of all the upcoming deadlines.

It would also help if Kimura would actually make a statement of some sort rather than just keep passing on little bits of information to people.

Some of us seem to be asking for one.
Headlines are headlines. Like I said. They don't need us to ask for a deadline. They have been setting them for a few months now, without us asking them to do it, and they'll do the same this time. What we need is for that deadline not to be kept secret. If you set the deadline, make it public to give fans clarity and to give something - a date - to which we can publicly hold ****y bollocks accountable.

Dormant for a season and probably re-enter either Isthmian Prem or Isthmian 1st Division

As unpopular as is it, what The Clairvoyant has said would keep the club going even if it was only for a season. This would then allow more time for Kimura or someone else to complete a takeover of the whole football package without the current worry of all the upcoming deadlines.

It would also help if Kimura would actually make a statement of some sort rather than just keep passing on little bits of information to people.
I doubt very much it we will keep us going for 2 weeks let alone a season if RM does not sort his ****ing life out.

If the worst does happen can we start again under the name of Southend United? If that does happen I see more following of the Phoenix club

But in this matter
Headlines are headlines. Like I said. They don't need us to ask for a deadline. They have been setting them for a few months now, without us asking them to do it, and they'll do the same this time. What we need is for that deadline not to be kept secret. If you set the deadline, make it public to give fans clarity and to give something - a date - to which we can publicly hold ****y bollocks
They definitely don't need us asking for deadlines, that's exactly my point but some fans/groups are asking for a one to be set and I'm not sure that's a good thing. A deadline is brilliant if it pushes through the sale of the club. My concern is that a deadline could have the opposite effect.

There should be a deadline and that's why there will be a deadline whether we ask for one or not. I wouldn't worry one jot about supporters being the reason for that or even influencing what it is.

I think the point is if the league cares about the fans they will at least share a deadline they have set, rather, than as Medway says, allow us to find out we avoided going out of existence by 3 hours only after the event.

It might be the fans can't influence anything even if we know the deadline, but we deserve at least the opportunity?

But there are altruistic people that might love the club and just want to help it get through tough times . Don't forget those revenue drivers are 3 years away from kicking in . Just now we cannot think a long way ahead . We need emergency help from anybody who is able to provide it to us - beggars can't be choosers .

So in who’s best interest is the 3rd bidder …is this bid in the best interest of the club ?

Given they will be taking on the exact situation that we find ourselves in currently, how do they plan to clear the debts, fund the club and recover the money they have put in ?

There should be a deadline and that's why there will be a deadline whether we ask for one or not. I wouldn't worry one jot about supporters being the reason for that or even influencing what it is.

I think the point is if the league cares about the fans they will at least share a deadline they have set, rather, than as Medway says, allow us to find out we avoided going out of existence by 3 hours only after the event.

It might be the fans can't influence anything even if we know the deadline, but we deserve at least the opportunity?
The fans (otherwise known as customers) seem to be bottom of both National League and Club priorities. Strange business football.

All the lower leagues have put out fixtures, i dont think they would accept SUFC in our current zombie state. Have a read up on Bury from a few years ago - they went a whole season without being in a league
They also (I'm not sure how) came back to their Gigg Lane ground. I don't know whether that luxury would be afforded to our phoenix club?

Big thank you to all the supporter’s groups pulling together and doing so much in their own time for us the fans, our beleaguered staff and our incredible club. Now to make this **** see some sense and **** off. Tomorrow could get tasty…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back