• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ron is very clever man, though the wall is crumbling bit like Putin, he still holds all the cards, whether we like it or not and though protest is a peaceful thing,I dont think it will sway him, infact knowing its happening he will probably go away for the weekend and neighbours will get annoyed and call the police.
I personally would like him to step outside talk to organisers and not a lynch mob and explain truthfully the situation, but we know whatever he says will not be believed regardless if truth
SVC was only brought into take the flak away from the situation, give a sweetener to him to pacify his followers and now as expected stopping him having meetings, now the heat is turned up full. Remember at the start SVC wrote he had helped Notts Forest get rid of their owner, so if RM read that better keep friends close and enemies even closer
TL is like marmite, Im sure he is doing his best and I suppose not being paid along with staff and if so far play to the man for not earning anything and still working long hours

No one will know the truth until we are sold ,funded or another club to the graveyard of former clubs
Was I believer in RM yes I was, but now sadly he has gone as far as he can, and I dont blame him,he will not sell unless he gets back a return, that's the sad fact of the club, he paid out in Championship,tried to get back by backing manager after manager and this part the reason why.
Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but Luggy at the helm with his dealings may have been a different financial situation

Not saying RM is right, quite the reverse, but remember he is a business man and though many saying not very good, he hasn't done too bad with previous deals, whether shafting or not he is still able to come up with funds when needed

As far as I am aware there is nobody trying to stop Kimura from buying the stadium . Lets hope they do that but it will take several months of detailed negotiation before any successful outcome can be expected . It is a very complex deal .
Why is it complex Ron

Because you have ****ed SUFC over a barrel and finally everyone is mobilising against you

I don’t quite think you understand the level of anger you have raised within the community

There is no acceptable outcome that involves you.

You have successfully mobilised SUFC as one which you have managed to avoid for 25 years

👏 👏 👏

Sometimes you push things too hard and they snap - you have just entered this zone

I just want to confirm that the 3rd bidder is only interested in buying the club . It does not have sufficient resources to buy the stadium . Ron is quite happy with this outcome but would have much preferred to sell the stadium as part of the deal . Unfortunately , the other two bidders have not been able to come up with viable plans that are acceptable to him. It is therefore likely that he will be forced into a position where he has no alternative but to accept the terms set out by the 3rd bidder . The people behind the 3rd bid are now carrying out DD and taking the owners and directors text . Any significant problem unearthed by the DD will be the responsibility of Ron to sort out . The paperwork involved in buying a football club is considerable and will take a few weeks to complete . Meanwhile , there is absolutely no point in continuing with protests and boycotts. It is now time for fans to step up to the plate and buy their season cards for the new campaign . The lads on the pitch need to know they enjoy the full support of the fans.
In your estimation, for how long would your cash-strapped 3rd bidder be able to finance a loss making club with no assetts? Is this Martins master plan? Sell off a liability to some stooge, wash his hands of It and some months down the line, when It collapse, claim that It wasn't his fault. You appears to Care for this club as much as Martin does. An analogy of your solution is Southend United being stuck on the 20th story of a burning building with the choice of jumping or being consumed by the flames. You're not offering a solution, just giving us thé choice of which way we die. Mate, if you haven't got anything better to say, I suggest that you go and do one

Yes we do. Staff, HMRC, and countless suppliers are all owed by Southend United Football Club Limited, not RM. Even though it’s his fault.

If he sells the club for £1, the significant 7 figure sum owed to the above parties becomes the responsibility of the new owners, not RM, as unfair as that may seem.
I don't think it's unfair, is it? Buy for £1 and clear the debt, or buy for £xm and get the club "clean".

I just want to confirm that the 3rd bidder is only interested in buying the club . It does not have sufficient resources to buy the stadium . Ron is quite happy with this outcome but would have much preferred to sell the stadium as part of the deal . Unfortunately , the other two bidders have not been able to come up with viable plans that are acceptable to him. It is therefore likely that he will be forced into a position where he has no alternative but to accept the terms set out by the 3rd bidder . The people behind the 3rd bid are now carrying out DD and taking the owners and directors text . Any significant problem unearthed by the DD will be the responsibility of Ron to sort out . The paperwork involved in buying a football club is considerable and will take a few weeks to complete . Meanwhile , there is absolutely no point in continuing with protests and boycotts. It is now time for fans to step up to the plate and buy their season cards for the new campaign . The lads on the pitch need to know they enjoy the full support of the fans.
Of course he has an alternative - he can fulfill his obligations as owner of our football club to put its survival over an extra few million for his Grandkids.

Last edited:
If we can't train and play pre-season friendlies we will be placing the players we have got at the risk of injury. The NL will be noting all this and unfortunately the chances of us starting next season look grim if Ron doesn't go very soon.

But there are altruistic people that might love the club and just want to help it get through tough times . Don't forget those revenue drivers are 3 years away from kicking in . Just now we cannot think a long way ahead . We need emergency help from anybody who is able to provide it to us - beggars can't be choosers .
Need deep pockets to get us through these "tough times", but I'm sure you know that first-hand anyway. We've been hobbling along with quick fixes for years now, so it's time to move on to the long-term solution which doesn't include the person you're speaking on behalf of in any way, shape or form. Time for him to give up a slice of the pie and get the f**k out of our football club.

Why doesn’t this buyer team up with the Shrimpers Trust?

You might then be able to attract some further backers who want the club to succeed.
A very sensible suggestion of yours and I will put it to the people in charge when I next meet them . They are very good people who have supported the club for many years and I can see no good reason why they should meet all this hostility on the forum . The more backers they have the better chance there is for moving the club forward .

We're not asking them to set a deadline. They'll already do that. We're asking them to publicise it. We were 3 hours away from being kicked out of the league for failing to file accounts a month or so ago, and fans were none the wiser until somebody lucked upon a random AP article about it. Unacceptable. He can't keep hiding behind NDAs and keeping such existentially threatening deadlines secret. We deserve to know and if we do, it's something he can be held publicly accountable to.
Some of us seem to be asking for one.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230714_150108_Twitter.jpg
    Screenshot_20230714_150108_Twitter.jpg
    366.1 KB · Views: 106
you have got to love all the supporters rubbishing the fans led buy out idea ...

get off your knees ..

its just excuses cos its easier to play victim to RM -

this board is full of solicitors and accountants - company formation, articles of association - all simple stuff ..

start now and it will push the all the "business people" into putting up or shutting up cos a proper fan led buy out is the ultimate threat ..
I don’t disagree and would fully support this.

Ultimately if you had 100 fans put up £10,000 each that is enough for a years worth of salaries.

On top of that you get season ticket money, hospitality and sponsorship revenues. Plus with the right people you could get true commercial revenue flowing.

Run properly the club does not need money putting in each year. It could be self sustainable, if you don’t pay out silly wages.

It would rely on Ron writing off all the “debt”

A very sensible suggestion of yours and I will put it to the people in charge when I next meet them . They are very good people who have supported the club for many years and I can see no good reason why they should meet all this hostility on the forum . The more backers they have the better chance there is for moving the club forward .
Yeah have a cup of coffee and a tea cake in a few weeks time to chat, after we are long gone.

the reality is we are the club ...

the fans are a club - we could raise the money ourselves rather than handing it over

One reality of business is that money talks - 2.5 m - is a lot of money and its liquid - not tied up in mortgages/loans etc

Another reality is possession is 9/10ths of the law ..

Buy the club for a quid -

125k pcm running costs - equals 1.25 million in 10 months - we would have it

revitalise RH and deal with RM and hios fantasy debt and fantasy stadium the same way he deals with people - i.e. see you in court loser.

- other clubs have done this and thrived .

time to get off our knees
No it isn't. That's just a commonly used phrase that has no substance, so this shows what your grasp of true reality is.

The deal can go through in time and there is only one highly deluded individual stopping it unfortunately- he will just kick the can down the road to every deadline you might set and then hope to extend it. Absolutely obvious to everyone. In which case for everyone's sakes that deadline might as well be now.
Unfortunately you're in no position to say whether the deal can go through quickly or not, none of us can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back