• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Listen I'm on board with that 100% if that means the deadline forces everyone's hand and the sale gets pushed through. My fear is that a deadline is set and the sale of the club cannot go through in time. In pushing for an NL deadline we are kinda pushing sanctions on our own team and that's what i think we need to be vert careful of.
Yep. A deadline to sell also means a deadline to buy, which is actually nothing to do with Ron. If they say a deadline of 2 weeks, Kimura may not be able to do it in two weeks so walk away.

Very dangerous tactic.

I just want to confirm that the 3rd bidder is only interested in buying the club . It does not have sufficient resources to buy the stadium . Ron is quite happy with this outcome but would have much preferred to sell the stadium as part of the deal . Unfortunately , the other two bidders have not been able to come up with viable plans that are acceptable to him. It is therefore likely that he will be forced into a position where he has no alternative but to accept the terms set out by the 3rd bidder . The people behind the 3rd bid are now carrying out DD and taking the owners and directors text . Any significant problem unearthed by the DD will be the responsibility of Ron to sort out . The paperwork involved in buying a football club is considerable and will take a few weeks to complete . Meanwhile , there is absolutely no point in continuing with protests and boycotts. It is now time for fans to step up to the plate and buy their season cards for the new campaign . The lads on the pitch need to know they enjoy the full support of the fans.
**** off ron

Wow you are very short of reality, you'd run out of money very quickly and I'm not sure you realise this?

125k pcm running costs - equals 1.25 million in 10 months -

by that time we would have advertisers sponsors more investers and a thriving football club

Yep. A deadline to sell also means a deadline to buy, which is actually nothing to do with Ron. If they say a deadline of 2 weeks, Kimura may not be able to do it in two weeks so walk away.

Very dangerous tactic.
That's certainly my fear with demanding a deadline.

Very dangerous tactic.
The NL will or have no doubt already informed the club of deadlines the club has to meet for us to be part of their League next season. They won't be ****ing about.

Of course it is do with RM.

The £1 is the fee for the shares owned by RM and not the club ( Ltd Company)

Anyone that buys the 70% of the shares wouldn’t be the owner they would be the majority shareholder. The debts would still be saddled against the club / company .

Raising a £1 shouldn’t be too difficult but to even get close to getting SUFC into a proper functioning entity you would probably need to raise north of £2 million to deal with creditors and then another chunk to run matters

agree - but 2 million isnt that much ..

when healthy the club turned over 7 million -

As far as I am aware there is nobody trying to stop Kimura from buying the stadium . Lets hope they do that but it will take several months of detailed negotiation before any successful outcome can be expected . It is a very complex deal .
Then the club is dead because the muppet that owns it has days to sell. Tomorrow's friendly cancelled, no prep for new season, NL won't be allowing us to start the season if the current situation persists and the players aren't even fit to play.

Several months of detailed negotiation? He must think we're all stupid if he thinks that..

I just want to confirm that the 3rd bidder is only interested in buying the club . It does not have sufficient resources to buy the stadium . Ron is quite happy with this outcome but would have much preferred to sell the stadium as part of the deal . Unfortunately , the other two bidders have not been able to come up with viable plans that are acceptable to him. It is therefore likely that he will be forced into a position where he has no alternative but to accept the terms set out by the 3rd bidder . The people behind the 3rd bid are now carrying out DD and taking the owners and directors text . Any significant problem unearthed by the DD will be the responsibility of Ron to sort out . The paperwork involved in buying a football club is considerable and will take a few weeks to complete . Meanwhile , there is absolutely no point in continuing with protests and boycotts. It is now time for fans to step up to the plate and buy their season cards for the new campaign . The lads on the pitch need to know they enjoy the full support of the fans.
Why doesn’t this buyer team up with the Shrimpers Trust?

You might then be able to attract some further backers who want the club to succeed.

Listen I'm on board with that 100% if that means the deadline forces everyone's hand and the sale gets pushed through. My fear is that a deadline is set and the sale of the club cannot go through in time. In pushing for an NL deadline we are kinda pushing sanctions on our own team and that's what i think we need to be vert careful of.
We're not asking them to set a deadline. They'll already do that. We're asking them to publicise it. We were 3 hours away from being kicked out of the league for failing to file accounts a month or so ago, and fans were none the wiser until somebody lucked upon a random AP article about it. Unacceptable. He can't keep hiding behind NDAs and keeping such existentially threatening deadlines secret. We deserve to know and if we do, it's something he can be held publicly accountable to.

The club has no assets and a shedload of liabilities. No businessperson of sound mind will take the club without the future revenue drivers being part of the package.
But there are altruistic people that might love the club and just want to help it get through tough times . Don't forget those revenue drivers are 3 years away from kicking in . Just now we cannot think a long way ahead . We need emergency help from anybody who is able to provide it to us - beggars can't be choosers .

you have got to love all the supporters rubbishing the fans led buy out idea ...

get off your knees ..

its just excuses cos its easier to play victim to RM -

this board is full of solicitors and accountants - company formation, articles of association - all simple stuff ..

start now and it will push the all the "business people" into putting up or shutting up cos a proper fan led buy out is the ultimate threat ..

The NL will or have no doubt already informed the club of deadlines the club has to meet for us to be part of their League next season. They won't be ****ing about.

Of course it is do with RM.
I think you misunderstand me mate.

Even if Ron agrees to sell immediately, there is no guarantee the buyer can complete within the timescale. None of us know how far along the road everything is.

If the timescale is too tight for Kimura (or anyone else) and they walk away, then we are stuffed.

The deal can go through in time and there is only one highly deluded individual stopping it unfortunately- he will just kick the can down the road to every deadline you might set and then hope to extend it. Absolutely obvious to everyone. In which case for everyone's sakes that deadline might as well be now.

Unfortunately Politics won’t come into it the local planners will have to adhere to Government regulations for fear of being taken to and losing appeal with all resultant costs.

Sorry but he doesn’t need the football club, namely SUFC to facilitate what is required is the stadium to be in place.

The assumption is that SUFC will be the occupants but I can’t see that being a stipulation of planning granted to date nor can I see any way that the development on FF could be stopped if a stadium is delivered either first or or in tandem with the housing but and here’s the only stipulation that is the issue is that RH has to remain in situ till the new stadium is in place
Politics comes into everything.

He needs the football club to get Fossetts to work. That's always been where the money is. Could be salvage a Plan B without it? Sure but it'll take longer and won't net him as much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back