• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a chance where I don’t know we just find another bit of land that the new owners could buy? That way they would be able to build their OWN stadium and have it in THEIR name?

Ron can have his fossets farm land and the new owners can have their own land
Where else is there though?

That applies today and certainly over the next few weeks. In fact its never been more relevant. My point was always, no matter how bad the captain is make sure you have good option if you are going to make him walk the plank. I have met keen Phoenix boys who fully believe they could force Ron out of RH and would be sitting in his seat within week.

Our options are roughly

Hollywood mega star who wants to go one better than Wrexham
Fans favourite local sugar daddy who loves to waste money on SUFC
Hedge funders who will be thinking of profit for their investors (despite what some believe )
Wealthy mystery bloke who can't be bothered so will fund Ron to continue as we are.
Not so wealthy mystery bloke who can only temporary fund us but wants a slice of pie by allowing Ron to continue.
Ron backed into corner so folds the club out of spite.

What is now likely and what would be your choice?
Well you have strong opinions so which would be yours ?

I just want to confirm that the 3rd bidder is only interested in buying the club . It does not have sufficient resources to buy the stadium . Ron is quite happy with this outcome but would have much preferred to sell the stadium as part of the deal . Unfortunately , the other two bidders have not been able to come up with viable plans that are acceptable to him. It is therefore likely that he will be forced into a position where he has no alternative but to accept the terms set out by the 3rd bidder . The people behind the 3rd bid are now carrying out DD and taking the owners and directors text . Any significant problem unearthed by the DD will be the responsibility of Ron to sort out . The paperwork involved in buying a football club is considerable and will take a few weeks to complete . Meanwhile , there is absolutely no point in continuing with protests and boycotts. It is now time for fans to step up to the plate and buy their season cards for the new campaign . The lads on the pitch need to know they enjoy the full support of the fans.
I’ve taken the time to rewrite this for you, for accuracy.

*I just want to confirm that the 3rd bidder is only interested in buying the club . It does not have sufficient resources to buy the stadium . I’m quite happy with this outcome but would have much preferred to sell the stadium as part of the deal . Unfortunately , the other two bidders have not been able to come up with viable plans that are acceptable to me. It is therefore likely that I will be forced into a position where I have no alternative but to accept the terms set out by the 3rd bidder . The people behind the 3rd bid are now carrying out DD and taking the owners and directors text . Any significant problem unearthed by the DD will be the responsibility of me to sort out . The paperwork involved in buying a football club is considerable and will take a few weeks to complete . Meanwhile , there is absolutely no point in continuing with protests and boycotts. It is now time for fans to step up to the plate and buy their season cards for the new campaign . The lads on the pitch need to know they enjoy the full support of the fans.*

F*** off Ron.

I just want to confirm that the 3rd bidder is only interested in buying the club . It does not have sufficient resources to buy the stadium . Ron is quite happy with this outcome but would have much preferred to sell the stadium as part of the deal . Unfortunately , the other two bidders have not been able to come up with viable plans that are acceptable to him. It is therefore likely that he will be forced into a position where he has no alternative but to accept the terms set out by the 3rd bidder . The people behind the 3rd bid are now carrying out DD and taking the owners and directors text . Any significant problem unearthed by the DD will be the responsibility of Ron to sort out . The paperwork involved in buying a football club is considerable and will take a few weeks to complete . Meanwhile , there is absolutely no point in continuing with protests and boycotts. It is now time for fans to step up to the plate and buy their season cards for the new campaign . The lads on the pitch need to know they enjoy the full support of the fans.
Salient points in bold... You can ignore the rest.

There is a name for the other two bidders that I can share- NPR

Negotiating Ploys by Ron
As far as I am aware there is nobody trying to stop Kimura from buying the stadium . Lets hope they do that but it will take several months of detailed negotiation before any successful outcome can be expected . It is a very complex deal .

Personally I think maybe the new owners will buy the club but then and Ron will discuss Fossets Farm in the future. For me I just want the club sold, all debts paid, all employees paid, everything paid. Then get some players through the door. That would at least be a start!
They cannot just buy a loss making football club with no guarantees about FF.

I am siding with Mark Ives and National League, anything to stop Ron Martin from kicking the can down the road and he get told to pick up the can and put it in the bin & get it done with.
Listen I'm on board with that 100% if that means the deadline forces everyone's hand and the sale gets pushed through. My fear is that a deadline is set and the sale of the club cannot go through in time. In pushing for an NL deadline we are kinda pushing sanctions on our own team and that's what i think we need to be vert careful of.

Personally I think maybe the new owners will buy the club but then and Ron will discuss Fossets Farm in the future. For me I just want the club sold, all debts paid, all employees paid, everything paid. Then get some players through the door. That would at least be a start!
The club has no assets and a shedload of liabilities. No businessperson of sound mind will take the club without the future revenue drivers being part of the package.

Listen I'm on board with that 100% if that means the deadline forces everyone's hand and the sale gets pushed through. My fear is that a deadline is set and the sale of the club cannot go through in time. In pushing for an NL deadline we are kinda pushing sanctions on our own team and that's what i think we need to be vert careful of.

It's a delicate balancing act, but we can't go on as we are. It's not fair on the staff, the players and the fans.

Ron has the choice, fund the club, sell the club or let it be sanctioned and potentially go bust. It's time he stopped stalling his decision

It's a delicate balancing act, but we can't go on as we are. It's not fair on the staff, the players and the fans.

Ron has the choice, fund the club, sell the club or let it be sanctioned and potentially go bust. It's time he stopped stalling his decision
Again I agree. My point is, let the NL do whatever the NL are going to do. I'm not sure that we should be demanding a deadline as that could very well lead to the third option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back