• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the ITK stated he was originally asking for 10 m. Yes the club will be sold for £1, but not without satisfying at least the Mezcal charge.

New stadium before RH can be developed etc
Sorry but I think you miss the point.

Irrespective of SUFC surviving or not the stadium would be required.

A reformed club without debt could easily be who played at any new stadium but without debt and not requiring tens of thousands a year just to survive

People have explained so many times why it just isn't viable. I feel like you're choosing to ignore reality

the reality is we are the club ...

the fans are a club - we could raise the money ourselves rather than handing it over

One reality of business is that money talks - 2.5 m - is a lot of money and its liquid - not tied up in mortgages/loans etc

Another reality is possession is 9/10ths of the law ..

Buy the club for a quid -

125k pcm running costs - equals 1.25 million in 10 months - we would have it

revitalise RH and deal with RM and hios fantasy debt and fantasy stadium the same way he deals with people - i.e. see you in court loser.

- other clubs have done this and thrived .

time to get off our knees

And renting RH should even if promoted only be a year or two- again really not material numbers. way, way, way more important is FF..
Totally agree kb but that RH bit just suggests "to me" a state of mind. As you say that's sort of immaterial really so why even raise it in the 1st place.

There are a massive number of caveats he would include in any FF deal, we pretty well know that, but in his only real statement for weeks he only make 2 points related to terms i.e. £1 & rent. Whilst I fully appreciate the NDAs etc. that again "to me" to me indicates something disingenuous is probably going on around FF.

As I said probably 13,000 posts ago I was company secretary in a reinvestment deal, that probably lasted over a year with constant "are we solvent meetings". There was a huge amount of bad faith in that process & despite the company surviving it ended in a very unamicable manner between previously quite close people that ended badly a couple of years later, fortunately after I'd escaped. I didn't get paid for a few months so I know what some of the staff are going through, but I had the advantage of actually seeing/hearing what was actually happening.

the fans are a club - we could raise the money ourselves rather than handing it over

One reality of business is that money talks - 2.5 m - is a lot of money and its liquid - not tied up in mortgages/loans etc

revitalise RH and deal with RM and hios fantasy debt and fantasy stadium the same way he deals with people - i.e. see you in court loser.

You are living in fantasy land

Sorry but I think you miss the point.

Irrespective of SUFC surviving or not the stadium would be required.

A reformed club without debt could easily be who played at any new stadium but without debt and not requiring tens of thousands a year just to survive
I'm not convinced a newly formed club playing at the lowest level could viably buy a new stadium in the foreseeable future. The council will need to build new housing and at some point covenants could change. I'm no planner and you may know better.

The £1 is the fee for the shares owned by RM and not the club ( Ltd Company)

Anyone that buys the 70% of the shares wouldn’t be the owner they would be the majority shareholder. The debts would still be saddled against the club / company .

Raising a £1 shouldn’t be too difficult but to even get close to getting SUFC into a proper functioning entity you would probably need to raise north of £2 million to deal with creditors and then another chunk to run matters

I'm not convinced a newly formed club playing at the lowest level could viably buy a new stadium in the foreseeable future. The council will need to build new housing and at some point covenants could change. I'm no planner and you may know better.
I very much doubt any phoenix club would be buying a ground .

The requirement to build a new ground mainly flows from the requirements of Sports England who are charged with maintaining the number of playing surfaces.

Totally agree kb but that RH bit just suggests "to me" a state of mind. As you say that's sort of immaterial really so why even raise it in the 1st place.

There are a massive number of caveats he would include in any FF deal, we pretty well know that, but in his only real statement for weeks he only make 2 points related to terms i.e. £1 & rent. Whilst I fully appreciate the NDAs etc. that again "to me" to me indicates something disingenuous is probably going on around FF.

As I said probably 13,000 posts ago I was company secretary in a reinvestment deal, that probably lasted over a year with constant "are we solvent meetings". There was a huge amount of bad faith in that process & despite the company surviving it ended in a very unamicable manner between previously quite close people that ended badly a couple of years later, fortunately after I'd escaped. I didn't get paid for a few months so I know what some of the staff are going through, but I had the advantage of actually seeing/hearing what was actually happening.
Oh I agree, he will be focussed on every opportunity to get more out the deal. He will chase the pennies as well as the pounds. Just suggesting Kimura, being normal sensible people, are likely to be focussed on the important, material stuff.

At which point the judge will side with RM and tell us to pay up or we're wound up, you can't just decide to not pay back debts because you don't like someone.

Yes RM has been avoiding paying debts for years this way but his strategy is why we're in this mess, I'm not sure why you'd want to do the same thing.

500 quids x 5000 fans = 2.5 million

plus hold all the political cards with FA, Nat League, Council, Ministry od Sport - press and football community ,,

2.5 m cash - get in the door at Roots Hall and then deal with the crook and his fantasies.
You're well short of even paying off all the creditors with that.

The £1 is the fee for the shares owned by RM and not the club ( Ltd Company)

Anyone that buys the 70% of the shares wouldn’t be the owner they would be the majority shareholder. The debts would still be saddled against the club / company .

Raising a £1 shouldn’t be too difficult but to even get close to getting SUFC into a proper functioning entity you would probably need to raise north of £2 million to deal with creditors and then another chunk to run matters
Probably looking at a £4m if Ron writes off inter-company debts. £20m if not + £2m for annual costs + cost of fixing stadium

Wow you are very short of reality, you'd run out of money very quickly and I'm not sure you realise this?

As always you make some good points, even if you can't resist a couple of condescending digs at lesser mortals.
But.... What about the 'careful what you wish for' line you've been giving us for years? Now we all want the same thing, a new owner?

That applies today and certainly over the next few weeks. In fact its never been more relevant. My point was always, no matter how bad the captain is make sure you have good option if you are going to make him walk the plank. I have met keen Phoenix boys who fully believe they could force Ron out of RH and would be sitting in his seat within week.

Our options are roughly

Hollywood mega star who wants to go one better than Wrexham
Fans favourite local sugar daddy who loves to waste money on SUFC
Hedge funders who will be thinking of profit for their investors (despite what some believe )
Wealthy mystery bloke who can't be bothered so will fund Ron to continue as we are.
Not so wealthy mystery bloke who can only temporary fund us but wants a slice of pie by allowing Ron to continue.
Ron backed into corner so folds the club out of spite.

What is now likely and what would be your choice?

Last edited:

Buy for a quid, pay the debts of an run the club which is losing 100k per month.

No one will every agree who should run the club if you all have equal shares as well.

That applies today and certainly over the next few weeks. In fact its never been more relevant.

Our options are

Fans favourite sugar daddy who loves to waste money on SUFC
Hedge funders who will be thinking of profit for their investors (despite what some believe )
Wealthy mystery bloke who can't be bothered so will fund Ron to continue as we are.
Not so wealthy mystery bloke who can only temporary fund us but wants a slice of pie by allowing Ron to continue.
Ron backed into corner so folds the club out of spite.

What would be your choice?
I love your posts Riggers, IMO you're one of the best on here but you do love to paint our fans as one entity that is wrong about everything. Like 8,000 people should all be agreed as one as to the most sensible course of action all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back