• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
I
I don't believe that. I think we has every intention of selling. The issue is he expects everyone to give in and give him what he wants without compromise.
i think this is the point. He wants to sell but the only way someone will buy is for a share of the pie and at the moment that share is too big for him.

He wants to sell, why wouldn't he? If he can find some mug to buy the club on the terms he put in that Statement the other day that is the ultimate win for him.

Gets rid of a loss-making business, doesn't have to pay the debt he's run up and gets to keep all the assets and make his fortune.

The ultimate win possibly is the club going into liquidation.

Ticks the box in terms of creditors and with securities held would it not be a win win for RM and his companies?

My wife asked thought provoking question did RM ask for something at the hearing he eventually was granted but wouldn’t have been too disappointed if he had not been granted?

I don't believe that. I think we has every intention of selling. The issue is he expects everyone to give in and give him what he wants without compromise.
This is what I have heard. The issues would appear to be around the new stadium and Roots Hall. He wants to have his cake and eat it. He and his family stand to make an absolute fortune, yet they are quibbling about a few crumbs from the massive banquet.

Ticks the box in terms of creditors and with securities held would it not be a win win for RM and his companies?

My wife asked thought provoking question did RM ask for something at the hearing he eventually was granted but wouldn’t have been too disappointed if he had not been granted?
I don't think so. He needs the football club to get the development to work. Maybe longterm he can press ahead without SUFC but in the short term developing on Roots Hall would be politically toxic and he'll struggle to build on Fossetts without the justification of the stadium.

Reactions: Jai

I still don't understand what's in it for him if the club collapses, I think the council and the people of Southend would be very hostile to any redrawn plans, it might go through just as housing in the end but it would take some time. I also don't think he wants the club to collapse. I just think he is far more concerned with hoovering up all the cash he can.

This is what I have heard. The issues would appear to be around the new stadium and Roots Hall. He wants to have his cake and eat it. He and his family stand to make an absolute fortune, yet they are quibbling about a few crumbs from the massive banquet.
This is the bit that’s so annoying. No one has ever begrudged him a profit here. But a smaller profit to leave the club in tact seems like a fair balance.

We know Ron is willing to take a risk. He might think that SBC will change the rules if the club folds. I suspect that a few disaffected fans standing as councillors and objecting could knock his dream further down the road.

It's exactly this, his unwillingness to dilute his future fortune even by a fraction. How much money is enough? Why not just get this show on the road, let Kimura take control of the stadium under the existing approved plans, rid yourself of a loss-making club that you clearly can't fund and have no affinity for, avoid the constant churn of court cases and stop angry fans protesting outside your residence? Then enjoy your retirement knowing that you've done the right thing by the club/supporters and that future generations of the your family are set for life...

I think we're done on playing the poster not the post thanks.

It's exactly this, his unwillingness to dilute his future fortune even by a fraction. How much money is enough? Why not just get this show on the road, let Kimura take control of the stadium under the existing approved plans, rid yourself of a loss-making club that you clearly can't fund and have no affinity for, avoid the constant churn of court cases and stop angry fans protesting outside your residence? Then enjoy your retirement knowing that you've done the right thing by the club/supporters and that future generations of the your family are set for life...
This is the worst part of the situation. Everyone could win with a sensible compromise, even Ron.

My understanding is that Ron wants to sell to Kimura and the deal is on the table but Ron has said that Kimura have not submitted the OADT and without this in place you cant buy a football club. If this is the case for example then why havnt Kimura put in the application weeks ago or even at the start of the process. I dont undertand all of this if im honest but if this is what Ron is saying (and ive seen it on a text message) and this is holding up the sale then that is on Kimura. However. im certain elsewhere someone said they had been approved.

I believe Crate is interviewing Ron now or after me at 2pm but defo today at some pint

My understanding is that Ron wants to sell to Kimura and the deal is on the table but Ron has said that Kimura have not submitted the OADT and without this in place you cant buy a football club. If this is the case for example then why havnt Kimura put in the application weeks ago or even at the start of the process. I dont undertand all of this if im honest but if this is what Ron is saying (and ive seen it on a text message) and this is holding up the sale then that is on Kimura. However. im certain elsewhere someone said they had been approved.

I believe Crate is interviewing Ron now or after me at 2pm but defo today at some pint
London Shrimper and Matt Slater have both stated the deal is on the table and not dead in the water. Lots of our fans, some semi or largely ITK, seem to indicate/believe it is dead though as RM won’t engage and feel they are being played.
and kimura say they have done all the forms!! But NL will know if they have or haven’t

I still don't understand what's in it for him if the club collapses, I think the council and the people of Southend would be very hostile to any redrawn plans, it might go through just as housing in the end but it would take some time. I also don't think he wants the club to collapse. I just think he is far more concerned with hoovering up all the cash he can.
Ron is an old man, now 70. He would be mad to want to go the route of letting the club collapse and then hoping down the line the council change their tune and let him build despite breaking the covenants. Let's say it takes another 5-10 years on the optimistic side for that to be allowed, he's then at the start of a huge build project at 75-80.

Without being ITK, I think posters are roughly on the mark that Ron is just being his usual delusional self and wants everyone to bend to his will. He wants to sell but only on his terms with no sense of being reasonable.

Hopefully we can hear from the NL soon about a public deadline for sorting everything out financially for the season ahead. It's the only way this gets resolved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back