• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know for a fact that RM only wants to sell the football club and not any of the development, or is it just rumour? It would completely go against RM’s original statement that he wanted ideally someone to buy the club and the stadium development (I know it wouldn’t be a shock if he’s changed his mind), and no one sane would buy the club alone. The fact Kimura are apparently still ‘in’ tells me it can’t just be the club he wants to sell?

My understanding is that Ron wants to sell to Kimura and the deal is on the table but Ron has said that Kimura have not submitted the OADT and without this in place you cant buy a football club. If this is the case for example then why havnt Kimura put in the application weeks ago or even at the start of the process. I dont undertand all of this if im honest but if this is what Ron is saying (and ive seen it on a text message) and this is holding up the sale then that is on Kimura. However. im certain elsewhere someone said they had been approved.

I believe Crate is interviewing Ron now or after me at 2pm but defo today at some pint
Would be good to hear from a Kimura ITK if this is the case or not.

Does anyone know for a fact that RM only wants to sell the football club and not any of the development, or is it just rumour? It would completely go against RM’s original statement that he wanted ideally someone to buy the club and the stadium development (I know it wouldn’t be a shock if he’s changed his mind), and no one sane would buy the club alone. The fact Kimura are apparently still ‘in’ tells me it can’t just be the club he wants to sell?
I strongly suspect he is fine with selling the stadium but not fine with losing the 240 flats on the revised plan for the North Stand.

My understanding is that Ron wants to sell to Kimura and the deal is on the table but Ron has said that Kimura have not submitted the OADT and without this in place you cant buy a football club. If this is the case for example then why havnt Kimura put in the application weeks ago or even at the start of the process. I dont undertand all of this if im honest but if this is what Ron is saying (and ive seen it on a text message) and this is holding up the sale then that is on Kimura. However. im certain elsewhere someone said they had been approved.

I believe Crate is interviewing Ron now or after me at 2pm but defo today at some pint
and you believe anything that comes out of Martin's mouth ?

The man is a narcissist -- he will never take the blame for anything.

I don't think so. He needs the football club to get the development to work. Maybe longterm he can press ahead without SUFC but in the short term developing on Roots Hall would be politically toxic and he'll struggle to build on Fossetts without the justification of the stadium.
Unfortunately Politics won’t come into it the local planners will have to adhere to Government regulations for fear of being taken to and losing appeal with all resultant costs.

Sorry but he doesn’t need the football club, namely SUFC to facilitate what is required is the stadium to be in place.

The assumption is that SUFC will be the occupants but I can’t see that being a stipulation of planning granted to date nor can I see any way that the development on FF could be stopped if a stadium is delivered either first or or in tandem with the housing but and here’s the only stipulation that is the issue is that RH has to remain in situ till the new stadium is in place

and you believe anything that comes out of Martin's mouth ?

The man is a narcissist -- he will never take the blame for anything.
i never said i believed it, im just passing on what ive been told. i have seen a text chat between Ron and one other and that is what he said. Do i believe him? no. but then we never hear from Kimura either so guess its open ended at the moment

He wants to sell, why wouldn't he? If he can find some mug to buy the club on the terms he put in that Statement the other day that is the ultimate win for him.

Gets rid of a loss-making business, doesn't have to pay the debt he's run up and gets to keep all the assets and make his fortune.
indeed. does anyone want to pay my mortgage off for £1? (I keep the house):Thumbs up:

Does anyone know for a fact that RM only wants to sell the football club and not any of the development, or is it just rumour?
Everything in most of 720+ pages & nearly 14500 posts is rumour IMHO, Personally I ignore all those who claim to be ITK based on many, many years of seeing @Napster telling us there was something he knew that he couldn't tell us. 🤣

My current concern as to RM's stance is simply based on his comment the other night around RH. If he's planning on charging rent for that sh*th*le, as he's currently let it become, at any time going forward then I can't even imagine how intransigent he's being about FF.

How much money do you think it needs?

And what do you intend to buy, just the club or club plus stadium plus training ground?

500 quids x 5000 fans = 2.5 million

plus hold all the political cards with FA, Nat League, Council, Ministry od Sport - press and football community ,,

2.5 m cash - get in the door at Roots Hall and then deal with the crook and his fantasies.

Ron is an old man, now 70. He would be mad to want to go the route of letting the club collapse and then hoping down the line the council change their tune and let him build despite breaking the covenants. Let's say it takes another 5-10 years on the optimistic side for that to be allowed, he's then at the start of a huge build project at 75-80.

Without being ITK, I think posters are roughly on the mark that Ron is just being his usual delusional self and wants everyone to bend to his will. He wants to sell but only on his terms with no sense of being reasonable.

Hopefully we can hear from the NL soon about a public deadline for sorting everything out financially for the season ahead. It's the only way this gets resolved.
Does he need SUFC to put all the ducks in a row ?
Irrespective do you think that RM will the one that develops once all the planning bases are covered ?

This Sound of Silence is deafing, bloody silence everywhere! Information overload definitely not a problem here! The whole situation is a conspiracy theorists dream. It would be laughable if it wasn't so painful to suffer. Sorry to sound off, those who know me know I am a glass half full type of guy but I really have reached the limit of my medication 💊 😅 For pity sake somebody some where give us some positive factual update or info on anything Southend United related, be it as difficult as confirming we have or have not a friendly tomorrow or that onions in burgers is a condition of any takeover!

Ron is an old man, now 70. He would be mad to want to go the route of letting the club collapse and then hoping down the line the council change their tune and let him build despite breaking the covenants. Let's say it takes another 5-10 years on the optimistic side for that to be allowed, he's then at the start of a huge build project at 75-80.

Without being ITK, I think posters are roughly on the mark that Ron is just being his usual delusional self and wants everyone to bend to his will. He wants to sell but only on his terms with no sense of being reasonable.

Hopefully we can hear from the NL soon about a public deadline for sorting everything out financially for the season ahead. It's the only way

I think we should all tread very carefully with siding with the NL and wanting a deadline put in place.

500 quids x 5000 fans = 2.5 million

plus hold all the political cards with FA, Nat League, Council, Ministry od Sport - press and football community ,,

2.5 m cash - get in the door at Roots Hall and then deal with the crook and his fantasies.
People have explained so many times why it just isn't viable. I feel like you're choosing to ignore reality

Everything in most of 720+ pages & nearly 14500 posts is rumour IMHO, Personally I ignore all those who claim to be ITK based on many, many years of seeing @Napster telling us there was something he knew that he couldn't tell us. 🤣

My current concern as to RM's stance is simply based on his comment the other night around RH. If he's planning on charging rent for that sh*th*le, as he's currently let it become, at any time going forward then I can't even imagine how intransigent he's being about FF.
Again with the RH bit if its zero if in the NL and only if we pay rent if in EFL, and given FF, you again have to wonder how much of a worry that is. If somehow we got promoted next year the extra EFL money dwarfs any rent so its not a case of "oh no we've been promoted what a disaster". And renting RH should even if promoted only be a year or two- again really not material numbers. way, way, way more important is FF..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back