• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m struggling to, ofcourse.

But in January, he did tell me he had a plan for March. In March the club went up for sale.

Ofcourse, I don’t believe it, but something is better than nothing!
I said we needed something, we kinda got something I guess. I’m still praying.

why are not the combined groups forming a committee to form a company/trust to raise funds to take it over ourselves .... ?????????????????

500 quid a share and it would raise substantial money immediately ?

why not ?

why are not the combined groups forming a committee to form a company/trust to raise funds to take it over ourselves .... ?????????????????

500 quid a share and it would raise substantial money immediately ?

why not ?

How much money do you think it needs?

And what do you intend to buy, just the club or club plus stadium plus training ground?

I've a feeling that Kimura have been set-up as the scapegoats in all this. Very easy for RM to say, I wanted to sell but Kimura wouldn't buy. Reality is, no one in their right minds would buy what is on offer.
I've thought this. However I feel like they would have pulled out a long time ago and this would have been made public by them or by the ITK's here. There must be some semblance of a deal in Kimura's eyes still.

Do we know if Kimura are still involved, as I thought they were pulling there offer on Wednesday? If they are do we know what happens after the 3 years at Roots Hall. If we make it that far.

Reactions: TJC
Do we know if Kimura are still involved, as I thought they were pulling there offer on Wednesday? If they are do we know what happens after the 3 years at Roots Hall. If we make it that far.
London Shrimper and Matt Slater have both stated the deal is on the table and not dead in the water. Lots of our fans, some semi or largely ITK, seem to indicate/believe it is dead though as RM won’t engage and feel they are being played.

Forgive me for not keeping up, but what is the current status?
  • Kimura said they had set a deadline of Wednesday and their offer was off the table
  • There have be posts here and on Twitter suggesting the deal in not dead. Did they not follow through on the threat to withdraw?
  • Its been stated that Ron doesn't want to sell to Kimura. Is that just speculation or is there some good evidence to support that?
  • The club is up for sale for £1, but no-one is going to buy just the club and its list of creditors. Is Ron simply not interested in selling anything but the club?
  • Are we now able to renew Jack (if hes interested) under the 16 player rule?
  • Given we are going into the season under embargo again, are we going to shift some players to recruit in areas we are weakest?
  • The water is off at B&L and would be at Roots Hall if they could have gained access. As soon as the gates open on match day, will it be cut off, or has that been resolved now?

Forgive me for not keeping up, but what is the current status?
  • Kimura said they had set a deadline of Wednesday and their offer was off the table
  • There have be posts here and on Twitter suggesting the deal in not dead. Did they not follow through on the threat to withdraw?
  • Its been stated that Ron doesn't want to sell to Kimura. Is that just speculation or is there some good evidence to support that?
  • The club is up for sale for £1, but no-one is going to buy just the club and its list of creditors. Is Ron simply not interested in selling anything but the club?
  • Are we now able to renew Jack (if hes interested) under the 16 player rule?
  • Given we are going into the season under embargo again, are we going to shift some players to recruit in areas we are weakest?
  • The water is off at B&L and would be at Roots Hall if they could have gained access. As soon as the gates open on match day, will it be cut off, or has that been resolved now?
No one knows

London Shrimper and Matt Slater have both stated the deal is on the table and not dead in the water. Lots of our fans, some semi or largely ITK, seem to indicate/believe it is dead though as RM won’t engage and feel they are being played.
It's 100% still alive but, again, nobody knows Martin's intention/seriousness/dastardly plans.

Ok, so not missed anything then. What a ****show
Re the 16 player thing we can sign players up to there but only on non-contract basis so can't do a proper deal with Jack.

Other than that most of us are basically in the dark.

He's got no intention of selling, all this last 4 months has been akin to moving the deckchairs on the Titanic. All a big ruse to keep control but move into the background.
He wants to sell, why wouldn't he? If he can find some mug to buy the club on the terms he put in that Statement the other day that is the ultimate win for him.

Gets rid of a loss-making business, doesn't have to pay the debt he's run up and gets to keep all the assets and make his fortune.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back