• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
He is 100% buying time for something ….
Agreed, which makes it doubly important the NL give him a firm, immovable date - long enough for a takeover, but not enough for him to cling on.

He's had enough time already - after previous adjournment, he himself said the money should and will be paid. And yet again, it wasn't.
  • YEARS of court appearances and adjournments
  • YEARS of sporadically unpaid staff and bills
Come on National League. Force his hand. His time is up.

Surprised you’re still spinning the RH debt nonsense. Within in a year the assets of the club are transferred, no surprise there, done by so many Chairmen of football clubs. Why not, potential gain to be made? Most councils are keen to see development, as were Southend. Unfortunately another chancer with no business acumen, but you always blame the council and Sainsburys’, wake up.

What I’m sure we can agree on is that the last thing any prospective purchaser is interested in is the footballl club, same old story I suppose, not the same attraction now though after your Mr Martin relocated our club to the BVI’s.

First up I never trusted any property developer from day one. Whilst others on here believed in Ron, I knew he was in for an earner. As we had started with huge debts we were always going to be an at risk club. More than that, as a local landlord I knew people who had had dealings with him.....Need I say more

In the same year that Ron took over, I took huge calculated risk in residential property. Including mortgaging up my parents house to fund it. My view was Ron was a total mug for investing in football and relying on SBC. I knew 100% that he either ended up with an earner or the club goes bust.....Here we are in July 2023 and that still applies....Anyone else who invested in property will tell you they have done far better than Ron in the last 25 years

From 1998 over the next 5 years I attended one home league game, as part of Friday night out with the football club. So my boycott started before 99% on here and lasted longer than any of you. Only after giving up Saturday vets and encouraged by others in the same position did I slowly return to RH.

What I don't like is how Sainsbury's in cahoots with SBC have added to the problem laughed at us all and get away with it......The sad reason is a huge section of our support can only deal with one villain at the puppet show. Ian Brady or Fred West's crimes aren't watered down because others were involved. They were all guilty and all should hang.

Had good chat with Wivs the other day. Clearing out his house he has found unsold copies of Roots Hall Roar. Let him know if you want a nostalgic read. Ask him about uncle Vic trying to ban him from RH and a bang on his front door......By Peter Taylor.
There is more serious stuff but that's not for me to say.

Back then protests were over the move to Basildon. Vic was trying to put pressure on the council but fans turned against him and SBC laughed at us back then. Sainburys pulled out of buying land on seven occasions. They planned and built huge extension on the Town centre store while mugging most of our fans off with disputes over parking access at RH.

They did the same to Bristol R, who took them to court and lost. Rovers are similar to us. They still don't have stadium and half the town support another club....Will always be our problem.

Going forward we all want the same thing a new owner who owns all things football. Who cares about RH after we leave (if we ever do) or houses at B&L.
None of us no what will happen in the next few weeks but unlike some on here I want my club to survive one way or another. If some of you have to put up with Ron for another few months or until a Stadium is under way so an exact financial deal can be agreed......Then that's price worth paying.

I don't want a Phoenix.... I want Southend United at all costs.

Last edited:
I don't demand anything like that, that's why I go to court and listen. That is literally the only place where he has to provide some sort of factual evidence. The rest is just noise HOT AIR from an empty vessel.
just thought a minor correction would be nice .

Agreed, which makes it doubly important the NL give him a firm, immovable date - long enough for a takeover, but not enough for him to cling on.

He's had enough time already - after previous adjournment, he himself said the money should and will be paid. And yet again, it wasn't.
  • YEARS of court appearances and adjournments
  • YEARS of sporadically unpaid staff and bills
Come on National League. Force his hand. His time is up.
I reckon the National Lge know what he’s up to….

I don't demand anything like that, that's why I go to court and listen. That is literally the only place where he has to provide some sort of factual evidence. The rest is just noise.
Even then he told the last judge it would all be paid via sale or himself and that didn't happen.

FWIW I think that Ron does actually care about the club (maybe for narcissistic reasons) but he doesn't care about it anywhere near as much as his personal gain. Therefore he'd prefer to see it fail and make the big bucks rather than see it thrive and take a big cut in the eventual prize. I reckon the only way a Kimura deal goes through is if the slice of the cake he gives up is sufficiently small for him to see the project as a huge success for him.

The irony is that as it rumbles on the chance of him seeing any benefit diminishes. I reckon Jack and any other inheritors are the ones it will effect most.

Crate you keep ignoring?

Will you be turning to the protest?
I’m a little lost to your comment to if I am being honest ? I assume you are the guy that rolled up the other night to the demo at his house in your big Range Rover , then turn up at the court the following day ? Now demos are a waste of time .. are you sure you’re all alright ??

They could call an EGM but with 70% of the shares Ron is going to win any vote.

I would have been favour of such a strategy in the past but my concern at the moment would be that weakening the shares on sale would make it less attractive for any purchaser at a time where we need to attract a purchaser.

The Trust has been lobbying DCMS.

The Fit and Proper Person test only applies at the time of purchase.

I believe the Trust are looking into trying to make Roots Hall an asset of community value after someone suggested it. We may need to be careful with this though if it makes us less attractive to a purchaser at a time where we are desperately seeking a purchaser.

This is an interesting point that I don’t think has been given enough prominence. Ron seemingly made a big deal about the National League taking up to 4 weeks to approve owners. Whilst Kimura may only have a small stake in ISM Kris Tremaine is on the board of both. This may be something the NL needs to clear? It would certainly have been brave of Ron to cite the NL as the cause of the delays to the Court the day before the NL met to decide our future.
I do see this as a concern but surely as an investor as long as you're guaranteed 51% you have the controlling shares, I just see it as a possible way to get some shares in the Trust's name and do we really think they'll see their £40k back? I don't.

First up I never trusted any property developer from day one. Whilst others on here believed in Ron, I knew he was in for an earner and as we had started with huge debts it we were always going to be an at risk club. More than that, as a local landlord I knew people who had had dealings with him.....Need I say more

In the same year that Ron took over, I took huge calculated risk in residential property. Including mortgaging up my parents house to fund it. My view was Ron was a total mug for investing in football and relying on SBC. I knew 100% that he either ended up with an earner or the club goes bust.....Here we are in July 2023 and that still applies....Anyone else who invested in property will tell you they have done far better than Ron in the last 25 years

From 1998 over the next 5 years I attended one home league game, as part of Friday night out with the football club. So my boycott started before 99% on here and lasted longer than any of you. Only after giving up Saturday vets and encouraged by others in the same position did I slowly return to RH.

What I don't like is how Sainsbury's in cahoots with SBC have added to the problem laughed at us all and get away with it......The sad reason is a huge section of our support can only deal with one villain at the puppet show. Ian Brady or Fred West's crimes aren't watered down because others were involved. They were all guilty and all should hang.

Had good chat with Wivs the other day. Clearing out his house he has found unsold copies of Roots Hall Roar. Let him know if you want a nostalgic read. Ask him about uncle Vic trying to ban him from RH and a bang on his front door......By Peter Taylor.

Back then protests were over the move to Basildon. Vic was trying to put pressure on the council but fans turned against him and SBC laughed at us back then. Sainburys pulled out of buying land on seven occasions. They planned and built huge extension on the Town centre store while mugging most of our fans off with disputes over parking access at RH.

They did the same to Bristol R, who took them to court and lost. Rovers are similar to us. They still don't have stadium and half the town support another club....Will always be our problem.

Going forward we all want the same thing a new owner who owns all things football. Who cares about RH after we leave (if we ever do) or houses at B&L.
None of us no what will happen in the next few weeks but unlike some on here I want my club to survive one way or another. If some of you have to put up with Ron for another few months or until a Stadium is under way so an exact financial deal can be agreed......Then that's price worth paying.

Good post. Southend United must survive, I don't think I have anything in the tank to back a phoenix playing out of a local park/ground share. As this continues to drag on I reckon many feel the same.

I would also like to investigate SBC's involvement in all this one day just to see where it all went wrong on their side.

Spoke with Wivs about the club many a time last season in the Far Post bar. Always appreciate his insight as he knows a lot about SUFC from his time as a fan.

I think new ownership of this football club is only viable if they can have the club, the new training facilities and the new stadium. Anything less continues to put our club at risk of going down with Ron's ship.

I completely get he is a compulsive liar, don’t get me wrong. We all know it, so why do we demand statements, communication and to be kept in the loop when we aren’t going to believe a word that comes out of his mouth?

It’s a catch 22. We rightly gets stick for treating us like **** and not keeping us informed. So, eventually he puts out a hastily penned statement, which we have 10/15 pages on here tearing it apart. It’s not surprise he keeps his mouth shut most of the time.
I'd be interested to know who wrote the statement on June 5. Which was full of contrition and action.

Alright, it all turned out to be lies, but at least it made us feel better for a bit!

First up I never trusted any property developer from day one. Whilst others on here believed in Ron, I knew he was in for an earner. As we had started with huge debts we were always going to be an at risk club. More than that, as a local landlord I knew people who had had dealings with him.....Need I say more

As always you make some good points, even if you can't resist a couple of condescending digs at lesser mortals.
But.... What about the 'careful what you wish for' line you've been giving us for years? Now we all want the same thing, a new owner?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back